2013 Voyages

newlondon

Does any one know when SS will anounce 2013 itineraries? It is very frustrating not knowing at least the early part of the year. DW and I are loyal to SS, but Crystal has come out with a very attractive B2B from Bali to Hong Kong in 2/13. We have had to commit a deposit to this as we don't know what SS will do. My TA and I have discussed this problem and she says SS keeps saying soon. This has now been more than a month! Any help would be appreciated.

newlondon, from what I recall the past couple of years the out year schedule was announced sometime in the November time frame. So, if the last couple of years is any type of indicator the 2013 schedule would not be available until sometime this November.

Keith

newlondon, from what I recall the past couple of years the out year schedule was announced sometime in the November time frame. So, if the last couple of years is any type of indicator the 2013 schedule would not be available until sometime this November. Keith

Yes Keith is correct, although last year, I think they were late and came out in December. I was on board in November and was hanging out for them but remember I had to put down a deposit on an unspecified voyage.

I can't wait to see what they have planned for 2013.:D

Cheers

Jennifer

Very frustrating, but it has been this way for as long as I can remember. We get all the other lines' brochures before SS sends out theirs....and it's only SS we care about!

Agree entirely.If the serious competitors (Crystal Seabourn etc )Can prodoce itineries in mid 2011 for 2013 sailings why cant SS?We were told on board the Cloud last week that 2013 schedule would be released in Nov/Dec this year.Nothing to do with the wnderful staff on the ships the problem is back office at FL and Monaco.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, very frustrating when all the other lines are offering deals. I've searched online but nothing yet for 2013.

Most of the luxury lines who list 2013 cruises only go out thru the first three or four months of 2013. I wouldn't expect these until November.

Keith

Pity SS doesn't do the Galapagos.

Cheers

Jennifer

Have heard that SS can't do the Galapagos; all ships that go there have to be of Ecuadorian registry. Don't know if that's reallly true...

Whatever the reason, Silver Explorer would be an awesome way to see the Galapagos! Oh well.

Have heard that SS can't do the Galapagos; all ships that go there have to be of Ecuadorian registry. Don't know if that's reallly true...

No, it is not. The Celebrity Xpedition that I am taking in February and that I see you are taking in November is registered in The Bahamas. Most of the crew does have to the Ecuadorian, and all the food must be local. In addition, the Ecuadorian government limits the number of people and ships that can go at all, so it may be a quota issue. Regardless, I think the Explorer is way too big. Xpedition is the biggest ship that can navigate the Galapagos, and it only holds 96 passengers.

We are also looking to discover the South Pacific in 2013. So far, I've only found information with Oceania Marina, but would prefer to sail with my Silversea.

I heard there is a possibility it might be part of the World Cruise.

Keep us posted.

ScottToronto

We are also looking to discover the South Pacific in 2013. So far, I've only found information with Oceania Marina, but would prefer to sail with my Silversea.

I heard there is a possibility it might be part of the World Cruise.

Keep us posted.

ScottToronto

Just off Silverseas and World Cruise 2013 on Silver Whisper is starting in LA and travels to French Polynesia onto Auckland and Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore,Cape Town. Up west coast Africa and over to NYC.

Archived