What's the weather like in Late dec in Southern Carribean?

chicatt

Booked my Xmas cruise with Caribbean Princess from 12.26-1.2 would like to know more about the weather in South Caribbean?

Sunny with blue sky?

Cloudy

Raining sometimes?

Thanks for your sharing

I just need to know the weather style and make plans accordingly;)

cheers!

Booked my Xmas cruise with Caribbean Princess from 12.26-1.2 would like to know more about the weather in South Caribbean?

Sunny with blue sky?

Cloudy

Raining sometimes?

Thanks for your sharing

cheers!

All of the above plus a little windy due to the cooling trades. All in all it should be delightful, 23c to 31c and a port every day but one. Have a great holiday.

We have a house in St. Marrten and we go there during the christmas holidays, its usually very warm from 70's to 80's,.its really nice and then we watch the ships pull in, on top of our mountain.

We love it there, We got this place cause it was being leveled and we got it for a good price and now we rent it after Jan 1st till Nov 30th, then we have it again in December.

but this year we are traveling on the cruise ship but we hope to be here on the holiday. its really nice no to hardly no rain, the rains come here this area from Mid August to All of Sept and some October.

Sunny with blue sky?

Cloudy

Raining sometimes?

Thanks for your sharing

cheers!

We have had several December cruises and have found the weather to be quite nice - warm, not too hot, and conducive to a great vacation. We did encounter some light, warm rain in the afternoon on one day out of 10, so if you have an option of morning vs. afternoon excursions take the morning one. We do a lot of snorkeling and enjoy the Caribbean this time of year.

There is a Roll Call for your cruise - come on over to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1331129

and meet some of the people who will be on board with you. There has been some heavy excursion planning for your leg of the cruise (the roll call is for both the Christmas cruise and the New Year's cruise) recently so you might get some ideas of excursions - or can ask questions, or at least learn about some of your fellow cruisers from our bulletin board.

We have taken several December cruises. The weather is usually gorgeous. Any showers are brief. But on our last cruise (Christmas on the Island to the Panama Canal), we did run into a front that caused us to have a rainy day in Costa Rica, the next day at sea, and in Jamaica. The weather in Aruba and in Colombia was great.

We have had several December cruises and have found the weather to be quite nice - warm, not too hot, and conducive to a great vacation. We did encounter some light, warm rain in the afternoon on one day out of 10, so if you have an option of morning vs. afternoon excursions take the morning one. We do a lot of snorkeling and enjoy the Caribbean this time of year.

There is a Roll Call for your cruise - come on over to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1331129

and meet some of the people who will be on board with you. There has been some heavy excursion planning for your leg of the cruise (the roll call is for both the Christmas cruise and the New Year's cruise) recently so you might get some ideas of excursions - or can ask questions, or at least learn about some of your fellow cruisers from our bulletin board.

Great to know that!!! Thanks loads!!:))))

Weather is unpredictable, but the weather for our cruise in the So. Caribbean during the week before yours a few years ago was absolutely EXCELLENT. It was warm to hot every day with temps ranging between 75-85 and we had no rain the entire week. I think it rained at night once, but truly, it was the best weather we've had in the Caribbean in years.

The best thing about starting a cruise in SJU, is that it's already warm and tropical-feeling from the moment you start your cruise. You don't have to wait 1-2 days to get to the warm weather, only to lose it a few days later as you head back north. I'm so sad Princess is pulling out of SJU!

As others have said, the weather can obviously change day to day, week to week. We went Southern Caribbean a couple of years ago the week of Christmas and the weather was poor, cloudy and rainy every day but one. My sister was on the same cruise the week before and had gorgeous weather the entire week.

Mike

We're heading on our fourth Southern Caribbean cruise in January and I can honestly say the weather is usually almost perfect. If there's rain, we find it didn't last long,.. just a quick shower then the sun came out immediately after. We love this route in January mainly because we're pretty much guaranteed the warm weather. Enjoy! :D

From experience I can tell you that if you do have weather issues you will have them in Florida and or the Bahamas when heading south. When late December rolls in you have a chance of a nor' easter which will drop the temperatures, kick up the wind and bring in an ocean chop. Once, during a Christmas cruise it was so windy our ship could not tie up pier side in Nassau. That was probably a blessing though. However, once your ship gets south of the Turks you should be good. Now, if your leaving out of Puerto Rico or Bridgetown for that Southern...you are golden boy on the weather.

Archived