Your choice of month?

Sunshine101

Depends on where and why.

Caribbean for us is definitely Spring. Maybe earlier than April, like March, to shake off cabin fever and snow blindness. Also Spring tends to be less active weather and is not hurricane season there. Bermuda on the other hand had pretty cold water when we were there in mid-April one year so I suspect would be better in August.

Alaska - August-September usually have the driest weather so up there late-summer or Fall are better. But if you can stand the drizzle and rain June has the longest daylight hours.

Europe - April-May because Mediteranian would be less hot when touring ports. But Baltic I think I would opt for May-June for longer daylight that far north.

Personally I'd rather April/May... It's sooner! Early April too as we could possibly still be in winter... I'd avoid August- too many kids and still summer here... This is all with the assumption were talking Caribbean cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan-March...Eastern Caribbean (good weather)

May...Alaska (shoulder season good rates and we've had good weather)

Late Aug...Western Med or Baltics (great weather)

Oct-March...Mexican Riviera (good rates great weather)

JMHO based on my cruising months but I'll cruise anytime other than hurrican season...

The only months we've not sailed are February and November. The rest depends on where the ship is going. December through April, we head as far south as the itinerary will take us; May through July, it's all good (we've done Caribbean, Alaska, Bahamas, and Bermuda in those months); August through October we usually do short Bahamas week-enders.

I say Aug -Sept purely based on the fact that my birthday is in September and I usually like to celebrate with a cruise, but I enjoyed my May cruise this year; the weather was beautiful.

Same here! This September baby likes to be on vacation on her birthday. :D

For us it also depends on where and when. But, I don't think I would want to do the Carribbean in August/September - too hot plus there is always the chance of a hurricane wreaking havoc on travel plans. It's not so much the ship I would be worried about since they go around the hurricanes, but if a hurricane was going to make landfall on the east coast of the US, it might totally screw up flights.

We can only afford to cruise once every year or every other year. For the most part, because of jobs (teachers) and students, we cruise in June/July. We cruised to Hawaii in April because RCI doesn't cruise to Hawaii during the summer. It sounded great but when June/July rolled around we were very sad and disappointed that our cruise was over and we couldn't take another cruise then. If we were able to cruise multiple times of the year, my answer would be different, I'm sure.

We have sailed June, Sept, and January. Our next is in Dec.

I think of all of them I prefer January, a warm weather cruise to the Caribbean.

I also love to cruise in January. It's a wonderful break from the Winter cold and it's easier to for me (an RN) to take 2+ weeks off in January than in the Summer when most of my coworkers that have children request it.

Archived