Newbuild Nbr 29 "little" Voyager of the seas

"But is was fun, sometimes boring to make the model. Still not sure if the Oasis of the seas will follow. During my cruise on the oasis this september I will decide. "

Would love to follow an Oasis class build. You work is stunning!

• 2 weeks later...

First test on the water as she is fully dressed now.

I have been waiting for good weather. Normally my brother comes along with a model tug boat. It drags a floating rope of 5 meters long and a floating anchor at the end . So if somethings goes wrong he can circle the Voyager, and the rope will grab the rudders and props to tow her back to shore. He was unable to come along that sunday moring, so I just wanted to take the model on the water, so I decided to go anyway. By the time I got there wind was much stronger than I expected, but nontheless I went for it.

IMG_4724_zpsc2fb1e1f.jpg

going at 80% of the speed, she is way too fast for the scale, but this also means she has a powerfull thrust reverse, just in case. but weighing 40Kg (80 pounds) that is fast for this size model

IMG_4725_zpsea0163d4.jpg

seriously banking here as I took a turn and even the wind pushing her over. My heart was pounding seriously, the water was way too cold to jump in case she would go over

IMG_4726_zps6cbd2217.jpg

comming out of the turn she comes back upright. ouffff.

I did this several times and nothing hapened. She does lean over quite a bit, but funny enough, I think big siter would do the same thing. Everything is tied down inside so nothing can shift, but I could not relax and enjoy this first tryout. Imagine even taking pictures a the same time.

I guess I have should not be that scared, it will wear off. But it was all watertight inside. I did damage the railing from the mast putting her back in the box, that will be fixed in no time.

But she floats so gracefully over the water, soft humming of the electric motors, I can(t wait to go back again and take some better pictures and video!

john

Stunning. My favorite pics are... all of them! I love the shots with your daughters showing how they (and your house and garden) have grown during the time it took to complete this creation... the close-up details of "life" onboard the ship... and the action shots on the water... not to mention the one with the portrait of the artist as a shipwright!

Congrats. I hope to see your work and meet you in person one day. A great achievement!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

John, what a wonderful achievement. Congratulations on the first sea trials, looks like you have done everything so well.

I have been fascinated from the start of your project, and the fact that you allowed us to see your children grow, from the first pictures of them, to the last.

Thanks for letting me tag along to watch your journey!:)

Rick