how clean is your cabin

postmeome

I don't make the bed - however, I like to have everything in the cabin where it belongs and not thrown about - this is just how I am - so, I guess we do keep the cabin as neat as possible to allow the steward to do his job as quickly as possible without having to clean up our "stuf"

I usually put away anything I wouldn't want them to move for me, just so I don't lose track of it. In general though, we just try to keep the bed clear so they can make it up or turn it down, and the counter reasonably clear so it can be sprayed with whatever they use.

I have not cruised yet, but as far as staying in hotels, yes we clean up after ourselves. It's part of our pre check out ritual. Once we have checked the bed for stray toys and clothes it gets made. Not as well as house keeping will but then again they will be washing the bedding anyway. We check all of the drawers, under the beds, in the bathroom, etc. We tie up the trash bags once we have loaded everything into the truck. It's just one of the ways we make sure not to leave anything behind. The last time my inlaws took the kids on a trip they didn't make the beds and guess what? They left behind a teddy bear. The hotel was kind enough to mail it to us(along with a note stating that the bear had enjoyed his extra nights stay and was sorry for not letting us know he had requested an extra nights stay). Just goes to show how easy it is to forget something when you stray from routine.

i put stuff away so the cabin attendant can work without my stuff all over...plus it's easier to keep track of everything..

i don't like to have all kinds of stuff laying around if at all possible.....(though i will, on occasion, leave sunglasses or a hat about at night -to better accessorize the towel animals!)

Being a "neat freek" myself, we keep the cabin as tidy as possible. Don't fully make the bed but at least pull the blanket and sheets up off the floor if they had slid down (I'm a restless sleeper), dirty towels under the sink/vanity, personal items stowed away, misc. trash in the trash bins, Compasses,etc. tucked into a drawer. Anything to make their job easier as they have lots of cabins to clean, some of which I've seen passing by with the door open look like a disaster area and they also have other jobs on the ship not pertaining to cleaning cabins.

They work hard and we've never had an issue with any of them.

Im by nature a clutter free person at my home. Not a neat freak or OCD or anything but clutter free to say the least......I try my best to be the same way on a cruise, in a hotel, or at someone's house I may be staying at.

I dont make the bed or anything but I dont leave a mess for the cabin attendant........The only way I will leave towels on the floor is to let them know I need more.

I don't like messy surroundings: anywhere. So, the cabin is completely picked up and things put away at all times, but I don't make the bed. I'm also a sink and counter wiper in any bathroom I use. Just my habits.

We don't make the bed, but we are tidy. You will never find piles of stuff in our cabins. I've seen some pics of cabins that make me :eek:

I cringed when I seen the pictures of the Smith's cabin on Brilliance on tv the other night and it really wasnt all "that bad"

I just cant live anywhere like that. Not in my own home, not in a hotel and certainly not on a cruise ship.

Maybe I am a little bit of a neat freak afterall :o

Being a "neat freek" myself, we keep the cabin as tidy as possible. Don't fully make the bed but at least pull the blanket and sheets up off the floor if they had slid down (I'm a restless sleeper), dirty towels under the sink/vanity, personal items stowed away, misc. trash in the trash bins, Compasses,etc. tucked into a drawer. Anything to make their job easier as they have lots of cabins to clean, some of which I've seen passing by with the door open look like a disaster area and they also have other jobs on the ship not pertaining to cleaning cabins.

They work hard and we've never had an issue with any of them.

Actually, other than delivering and removing luggage, and being assigned to a lifeboat, their only job pertains to the cabins they are responsible for. The cabin attendants don't have other jobs perse onboard.

I put important papers and documents away. That's it.

I don't clean after myself on a cruise any more than in a hotel room or at home. I am not a neat or tidy person by nature. So as long as my mess does not bother me, which it rarely does, I have no problem leaving it to be seen and cleaned up by the stewards.

My DH is kind of funny about it. He is not a particularly tidy person either but he does not like others see our messy cabin so he sometimes tidies it up somewhat before he lets the stewards in to put everything "shipshape". When he gets tired of doing it, he puts up the "Do not disturb" sign and tells the steward to skip that day.

We always keep our cabin tidy. Although we are on vacation we don't use that as an excuse to me messy. We always put our own clothes away and don't leave things on the floor. Wet towels that are dirty we try and put together in a pile in the bathroom. The bed making we leave to the stateroom attendant. We really appreciate all the hard work the stateroom attendant puts into our cabin and we always try to show some extra appreciation and make his/her job a little easier by keeping our room organized and clean.

i put stuff away so the cabin attendant can work without my stuff all over...plus it's easier to keep track of everything..

i don't like to have all kinds of stuff laying around if at all possible.....(though i will, on occasion, leave sunglasses or a hat about at night -to better accessorize the towel animals!)

I do this too! I will sometimes leave my sunglasses on the bed because it always makes me smile when I come in the room and the towel animal is wearing the sunglasses.:)

We have little to no concern about making the cabin stewards job easier, we keep our cabin tidy and picked up because it makes us feel better. The cabins are very small and if things aren't keep in their places the room gets very trashed looking very quickly, and we can't stand it.

Our stewards always tell us how tidy we are. They usually seem to love taking care of us, but on our last cruise the steward actually used our tidiness against us and skipped our room on occasion....that didn't make us very happy.

We had 2 inside cabins, one for mom & dad and one for kids. I straightened our (parents) bed as well as the cabin. My kids on the other hand :eek::eek:I did feel bad and yes, left an extra tip! Have you ever seen a teen girl's room after she gets ready for the night? OH MY!:eek:

My DD could not find some things and my DS ended up with a broken game. :rolleyes::p I tried to kindly mention that simply picking up after yourself would have helped with both of these problems.... I am going to remind them NEXT cruise if they want to live like slobs then THEY will be required to pay the extra tip from their spending money.:p

We try to keep things as tidy as possible. I don't want to make the cabin attendant's job any harder than it already is.

Sherri:)

Same here, especially more recently with the luggage fees I try to wear the same things a couple of times, so in order to do that I hang them up after the first wearing. As for the bathroom, we each try to keep our toiletries in one bag, but leave that, usually closed, in the bathroom. We don't clean, but we try to make things easy, bedding is on the bed, not on the floor, chair tucked in at the desk, drawers closed, shoes tucked away in closet.

Not to many people admitting to being slobs.

I have to have everything in its place. Clothes hung up or in a collasaple hamper. Trash in the trash can and all personal effects put away. Drives my daughter and husband a little crazy.

Archived