What's you favorite DIY treat

kazbar

I have heard people mixing chocolate milk from breakfast with soft serve ice cream to milkshakes. Although you can buy them on ship it gets rather expensive. We plan on using this idea on our upcoming cruise.

Ooh, now there's an idea I'll have to try. Planning on getting a soda card this time so I might try various soda floats, too.

(OT: I've been following the roll-call thread but haven't been posting in it because I can't get anyone else I'm traveling with to join CC, lol. Still, there's a couple months left to try.)

Just wondering if you brought the corded Bullet or the cordless one on your cruise?

Well... It was a small travel blender, and even though they took it, we got it back on the last night of the cruise. We search for the reason and the only thought that we can up with was that it was an household appliance. Those are a big no-no. but now we just all pack one. Last cruise we had 4 blenders, 2 regular and 2 ninja's. :eek:

half lemonade / half tea.

Or ordering the fruit for dessert along with the warm chocolate melting cake - I like this particularly when the WCMC is too runny - it becomes like a chocolate fondue when dipping the fruit.

OR spoon the runny fudge over the ice cream-- instant hot fudge sundae!:D

• 3 months later...
We made our own fruitbowl for our cabin. We kept the dome-lid from our room service breakfast and then turned it upside down and each time we would eat at the buffet, we would bring back a piece or two of fresh fruit. It was really nice to have a healthy snack in the cabin or a banana for a quick breakfast. We really lucked out too, because on our last cruise, the buffet had peaches, plums and big globe grapes in addition to the usual apples, bananas and pears. :)

Oh, this just gave me a great idea. Grab some fruit and some bon voyage (or smuggled...I dont judge) liquor and put it in a bubba keg. Get a tropical punch flavored crystal light packet and mix with some water, then add to the liquor and fruit. Voila! You just made PJ! Grapes work the best!

At breakfast on Lido I like putting peanut butter on toast and adding bacon (when I can get enough out of the bacon police LOL)

That is one of my favorite breakfasts at home growing up

Last year my grandfather gave me a bottle of his home made apple pie moon shine to bring with... It's slighty rough on it's own so we mixed it up with some soft serve!

apple pie moonshine is the best. It really sneaks up on ya

At breakfast on Lido I like putting peanut butter on toast and adding bacon (when I can get enough out of the bacon police LOL)

Oh, I LOVE this too. Put a little smearing of mayo on top of the peanut butter too. It just adds a little something to it. ;)This was a sandwich my mom made us for treats growing up. (if you don't see mayo at breakfast, just ask for it or grab a packet from the grill from lunch the previous day and bring it to breakfast)

I'm loving all these ideas. I'll have to try some of them on our first cruise next month. I was worried about the tea since I've read that it's awful. DH is really picky about his tea and doesn't like the taste of lemon in it (although I'll try it with 1/2 lemonade), but I'll see if mixing it with ice water will work for him. Do you ask for an extra glass to mix it in?

Thanks everyone! :)

My DH loves to put coffee in a large insulated mug and add chocolate icecream and the kids are big fans of making chip buttys with lots of sauce.

Do you have any creations that you like to create from food and drinks available on the ships?

What are chip buttys?

Archived