OBC for CCL stock

Sassy's Mom

I know the form says you have to submit it 14 days in advance to get the OBC. We sail in 15 days and my financial advisor told me the funds transfer hasn't come through yet but he expects it no later than Tuesday (11 days before sailing) and should be able to provide me with confirmation then. Has anyone had any experience with the "late" submissions? How good are my chances at still getting the OBC?

Thanks for your help CCr's!

There was a recent thread by someone who was late sending in their OBC request. They were extremely upset because they didn't get it. You can always try. If it were me, I'd take a chance and send in the OBC request with the stock order confirmation. You have nothing to lose.

I have sent e-mails for the last 8 weeks for my cruise starting next week. There has been no response. I finaly called Princess about the lack of response. I was told to send it in again and if "they didn't have a chance to respond" (which they haven't) then I should take a copy of my investment statement to the purser's office when on board (not the first day) and they will look after the OBC. My suggestion is that you get the OBC obce on board as above.

I was not late in sending in my request for the shareholder OBC on our last Princess cruise, but it did take a while to get the confirmation--still less than two weeks. We're going on a Carnival cruise next month. My OBC for that cruise came through in a day.

I have sent e-mails for the last 8 weeks for my cruise starting next week. There has been no response. I finaly called Princess about the lack of response. I was told to send it in again and if "they didn't have a chance to respond" (which they haven't) then I should take a copy of my investment statement to the purser's office when on board (not the first day) and they will look after the OBC. My suggestion is that you get the OBC obce on board as above.

Others have posted that doing this onboard does not work.

I know the form says you have to submit it 14 days in advance to get the OBC. We sail in 15 days and my financial advisor told me the funds transfer hasn't come through yet but he expects it no later than Tuesday (11 days before sailing) and should be able to provide me with confirmation then. Has anyone had any experience with the "late" submissions? How good are my chances at still getting the OBC?

Thanks for your help CCr's!

I submitted mine on 2/7 I think. Sent via email and no response thus far. I called yesterday and they stated they were processing requests from the 1st and told me to call back next week if I hadn't rec'd confirmation

I have submitted the OBC request as late as 10 days before sailing and received it onboard. I came prepared onboard the ship with a copy of the email/info I sent to the shareholderbenefit address as proof, but I wouldn't chance it like that again.

Last time around, I never got a response from Princess, not even after I sent a follow-up e-mail. When I checked, though, the OBC was in fact there. Somebody in the department has been dropping the ball, not a good thing considering most requests come from hardcore Princess cruisers. Maybe after the precipitous plunge in the CCL price, they had to cut back on staff? :rolleyes:

I submitted mine on 2/7 I think. Sent via email and no response thus far. I called yesterday and they stated they were processing requests from the 1st and told me to call back next week if I hadn't rec'd confirmation

PS-- the "no response" ='s princess 800 # states that the OBC is not there and not processed yet

some cruises I receive a confirmation & others not- but it has always been added so far

I always email the request and documentation and request confirmation. I always get it.

We also request an email respose and we too get it. We also take a copy with us just in case for whatever reason it doesn't show up on our ship account.

It is always there.

Andrew

We also request an email respose and we too get it. We also take a copy with us just in case for whatever reason it doesn't show up on our ship account.

It is always there.

Andrew

Like you, I print off the confirmation and add it to my file for the cruise. I bring it just in case it does not show up. So far it always had.

Like you, I print off the confirmation and add it to my file for the cruise. I bring it just in case it does not show up. So far it always had.

For what it's worth, I had a confirmation email, took it with me on my cruise, the OBC was not there, and the confirmation email wasn't enough for them to add it (they told me that the shareholder benefits office couldn't find my statement I sent to them when I requested the OBC), I had to email my broker and request a copy of my statement and print it off in the internet cafe, to get my $100 OBC, I had to spend a couple of bucks. Now, I also take a copy of my recent brokerage statement as well as my confirmation email.

Mike

We have a cruise scheduled for the fall, and I noticed the OBC offer expires in July. I know this happens every year, but does anyone know when the offer typically gets extended to the next year, i.e. when will the expiration date be moved to July 2013?

We sail this coming Saturday 2/25 and I sent the form and supporting documentation via fax on Tuesday morning 2/14, eleven days prior. I first called and inquired if it was possible to do it with less than 14 days. They customer service rep checked and had me fax it to a different number than what is listed on the form. I received an updated travel summary Friday 2/17 showing the OBC. But I also have another cruise on 3/28 booked as well, so maybe they were being extra nice to me.:)

Call customer service first and try it that way before sending it in. Can't hurt to try.

I've never had any issues getting my CCL OBC until now.

I sent the necessary info in January, but never got a response. When I called, they said they never received it, despite the fact that I had a fax confirmation that said it went through fine.

I resent the info on Feb. 1 (and have another fax confirmation), called them on Feb. 6 to check and was told to call back in 2 weeks because processing was taking that long. I called on Feb. 17 but was told that it still hadn't arrived!!! I refaxed it while on the phone with Kim and she said it arrived and that she would send a confirmation email. Never got any email. :( I'll call her again this week if I don't get an email.

What's going on in this office?????? :confused: This process used to be so easy. Who's making it such a mess?? I can see an occasional mistake, but this seems to be happening to many people now that Liza is gone.

We have a cruise scheduled for the fall, and I noticed the OBC offer expires in July. I know this happens every year, but does anyone know when the offer typically gets extended to the next year, i.e. when will the expiration date be moved to July 2013?

Sometime in March

Archived