Pet Peeves

SewMuch

Another one: A person dressed from head to toe with all designer labels..and all geunine knockoffs..fake gucci purse, fake Baby Phat tshirt, and the best part..wait for it..the "JUICY" label spread all over the butt on the pants.

Looks like a walking flea market.

I agree. I think it just needs to be deleted from the fashion world period!

I'm pretty slim and it even looks weird on me =\

I am in total agreement! It makes everyone look pregnant, not quite the look "non-pregnant" women desire. :D

I'm one of those women who find an Empire waist flattering. I have a vey small bust, narrow hips, BUT with a waist that is large in proportion to both. Also have a tummy. So the slight fullness over the tummy looks like the top or the dress and not me.

Stacy and Clinton on "What Not to Wear" advocate this look quite a bit saying that "It emphasizes the the smallest part of you".

Saw this on tv the other day ---- one of the trends this year is printed denim.

I'm sorry, but the thought of printed denim capris just is too much for me. Especially since I had about 5 pairs of them ten-years ago ...

http://www.denimblog.com/2012/02/denim-trend-floral-print-denim/

Suspect there will be a LOT of these on cruises this summer. Those cabbage flower prints are sure to make anything wide look a LOT wider!!!

I think the printed denim is cute but probably not going to last very long as a trend.

I have to also say that I LIKE capris and pedal pushers for modesty reasons as I don't wear shorts unless they are knee length and they are really hard to find. I do agree that if the legs of capris are too big they aren't as flattering but my calves are one of the few parts of my body that is relatively slim and they mostly work for me. LOL

Anyway I am of the school of wearing what I like and as long as I am not dressed too out of step and neat and clean.., so be it if someone thinks it doesn't look good!

I'm one of those women who find an Empire waist flattering. I have a vey small bust, narrow hips, BUT with a waist that is large in proportion to both. Also have a tummy. So the slight fullness over the tummy looks like the top or the dress and not me.

Stacy and Clinton on "What Not to Wear" advocate this look quite a bit saying that "It emphasizes the the smallest part of you".

Hi, glad it works for you:) you can have all the tops I cannot wear.;)

I have a large bust and my hips are large as well and I have a large

waist...basically I am just large all over:eek:...Empire waist items make

me look bigger........:rolleyes:.

Another one: A person dressed from head to toe with all designer labels..and all geunine knockoffs..fake gucci purse, fake Baby Phat tshirt, and the best part..wait for it..the "JUICY" label spread all over the butt on the pants.

Looks like a walking flea market.

I hate people dressed head to toe in designer labels even if they are real--looks kind of desperate for attention/'see what I can afford' to me.

I always want to say, "Hey, would you buy that purse (or whatever) if it didn't have giant 'LV's' (name the label) all over it?"

Dear Fashion Industry: Please stop trying to convince me that empire-waist shirts/tunics/dresses look good on short, fat, busty women. They didn't the last time, or the time before that. They won't next time either. I don't want to look pregnant when I am not.

They suit me. I am busty and hippy but have a small waist and very long legs. Just works for me but I've seen women that they don't work for. It's not pretty.

I will probably get flamed for this, but I hate capris. They don't flatter anybody. They cut off at the widest part of the leg, which shortens and widens. Not a good look.

Another thing that works for me. Long legs make buying regular pants a nightmare but on the plus side they do make a lot of fashion wearable.

Do you ever see those emails where people have put together dozens of pictures of people shopping (generally at Walmart)? The women who have EVERYTHING hanging out ... I mean really, don't you own a mirror?

OMG I love those women. I strive to be as confident as them. Oh to be able to walk out of the house and not give a damn about what I'm wearing.

I'm sorry' date=' but the thought of printed denim capris just is too much for me. Especially since I had about 5 pairs of them ten-years ago ...

Suspect there will be a LOT of these on cruises this summer. Those cabbage flower prints are sure to make anything wide look a LOT wider!!![/quote']

My eyes! Hello, 1985! I think I had some flowered jeans in 3rd or 4th grade! I shop a lot, and I haven't seen anything like the jeans in the link.

I have to also say that I LIKE capris and pedal pushers for modesty reasons as I don't wear shorts unless they are knee length and they are really hard to find ...

Anyway I am of the school of wearing what I like and as long as I am not dressed too out of step and neat and clean.., so be it if someone thinks it doesn't look good!

Amen, sister!!

I agree with a lot of what is said. I also just want to say that sometimes I think some fashion matches the person's personality, so it may not be fashionable, but it works for them. I think that's where the difference between style and fashion comes into play, they are not the same thing.

I wear capris b/c lord knows you don't want to see my legs in shorts.:eek: But I try and find ones that work for my body type.

I heart maxi dresses and I hope they never go out of fashion. They work on almost everybody.

Umm, long cleavage lines. I'm not really big up top, so maybe I don't fully understand, but I've seen women who are well endowed and they ARE wearing bras, but I think they may be too small? They are squished together and create this long crevice line down the middle. The only way I can make mine look that way is if I push them really tight together. I don't know it just makes me wonder b/c I personally don't think it looks classy, but if they can't help it.........then who am I.

Also...........this is what has got me in an uproar right now.....:mad:

cn4650806.jpg

I'm sorry, if this is a pattern you fancy in swim suits, tops or dresses, but I HATED it in the 90s and I still very much dislike it now. But I'm seeing it pop up everywhere and I shop plus size clothing. I where H. stripes, but in a way that it is broken up, but this pattern...........sorry reminds me of Charlie brown's t-shirt on acid.

I'm sorry, but the thought of printed denim capris just is too much for me. Especially since I had about 5 pairs of them ten-years ago ...

Suspect there will be a LOT of these on cruises this summer. Those cabbage flower prints are sure to make anything wide look a LOT wider!!!

I absolutely love those lol.

I've been looking everywhere for a pair that fits my length.

My eyes! Hello, 1985! I think I had some flowered jeans in 3rd or 4th grade! I shop a lot, and I haven't seen anything like the jeans in the link.

If you remember them from the first time around, don't wear them again!

I absolutely love those lol.

I've been looking everywhere for a pair that fits my length.

See above ;) I remember them from the last TWO times around!!!

OMG I love those women. I strive to be as confident as them. Oh to be able to walk out of the house and not give a damn about what I'm wearing.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't think it screams self-confidence, I think it screams "lack of self respect".

I agree with a lot of what is said. I also just want to say that sometimes I think some fashion matches the person's personality, so it may not be fashionable, but it works for them. I think that's where the difference between style and fashion comes into play, they are not the same thing.

I wear capris b/c lord knows you don't want to see my legs in shorts.:eek: But I try and find ones that work for my body type.

I heart maxi dresses and I hope they never go out of fashion. They work on almost everybody.

Umm, long cleavage lines. I'm not really big up top, so maybe I don't fully understand, but I've seen women who are well endowed and they ARE wearing bras, but I think they may be too small? They are squished together and create this long crevice line down the middle. The only way I can make mine look that way is if I push them really tight together. I don't know it just makes me wonder b/c I personally don't think it looks classy, but if they can't help it.........then who am I.

Also...........this is what has got me in an uproar right now.....:mad:

cn4650806.jpg

I'm sorry, if this is a pattern you fancy in swim suits, tops or dresses, but I HATED it in the 90s and I still very much dislike it now. But I'm seeing it pop up everywhere and I shop plus size clothing. I where H. stripes, but in a way that it is broken up, but this pattern...........sorry reminds me of Charlie brown's t-shirt on acid.

I agree with a lot of what you say--each one of us needs to wear what we are comfortable with and looks good for our figure (this part is not always so easy), not some mythical woman that the fashion industry apparently designs for, who seems to be about 17, 5'11" and 110 lbs.

But, I kind of like the chevron print style you showed in the pic--and I think it would be very slimming in a swim suit. To each her own! Vive la Difference!

I totally love the chevron pattern as well, and just got the cutest dress in the mail yesterday. But I do understand, there are many patterns that I wouldn't attempt to wear, i.e., floral jeans... someone would lose their eye sight. lol

Umm, long cleavage lines. I'm not really big up top, so maybe I don't fully understand, but I've seen women who are well endowed and they ARE wearing bras, but I think they may be too small? They are squished together and create this long crevice line down the middle. The only way I can make mine look that way is if I push them really tight together. I don't know it just makes me wonder b/c I personally don't think it looks classy, but if they can't help it.........then who am I..

If you don't have big boobs, no, you don't get it:D I have been fitted many times for bras (I've had lots of different boob sizes) so I know my bras fit properly. There's just a lot of "acreage" there, and only so much chest wall they can fit on. To wear a bra that keeps the boobs above my waistline - this creates cleavage.

So *if* I were to wear a low cut dress or skip a cami under a wrap dress etc, the cleavage line is long. Heck - even WITH the camis available these days (dang skimpy little POS), the cleavage line is long. Which is why camis aren't enough to make lots of tops work appropriate for me. Grr.

If you don't have big boobs, no, you don't get it:D I have been fitted many times for bras (I've had lots of different boob sizes) so I know my bras fit properly. There's just a lot of "acreage" there, and only so much chest wall they can fit on. To wear a bra that keeps the boobs above my waistline - this creates cleavage.

So *if* I were to wear a low cut dress or skip a cami under a wrap dress etc, the cleavage line is long. Heck - even WITH the camis available these days (dang skimpy little POS), the cleavage line is long. Which is why camis aren't enough to make lots of tops work appropriate for me. Grr.

Very true. I am "well endowed" if you will, not obsessively so but the girls are there and they aren't very easy to hide or cover, try as I might. I am very conscious of any cleavage and truly wish there was a way to avoid it, but that is just how the "sit." :o

Lol! I just wish I was alive in the 80's..I just love the fashion from that time period.

Oh no, Lexi... I just lost all respect for you :p

Sorry, sorry, only kidding. I was a kid during the 80s, so my excuse is always "My Mom bought my clothes" :D

I personally think it was mostly horrendous. That's why I can't really see Princess Diana being the epitome of style because she happened to be "it" at a time I find anything but stylish...

Although I do love the 80s colour scheme. Bright and brassy, no safe colours for me!!

Yeah, I look back at pictures from my childhood (I was born in '73) and cringe. It's almost worse in high school, because I was picking the clothing myself then. But I had a dress code so I didn't really do neons - I was very very preppy. Wool plaid kilt, turtleneck & boiled wool jacket preppy:rolleyes: I did have a goth period around 85-87, but never went crazy (I did color my hair for the first time - 86 - used the colored mousse - supposed to be temporary? I had orange streaks for weeks:p) I still love the music (early alternative) but enjoyed it in my Weejuns instead of Doc Martens (went back to those in college)

Isn't it fun reliving your fashion past? And that's EXACTLY where mine stays - in the past.

Well see, I learn something knew everyday. I mean I can understand if it can't really be helped. I'm a big girl and I have bulges that unless I just put a trash bag over me, they can't be hidden. I try my best to the best with what I got ;) for now.

Feel lucky you can wear a wrap dress. Bought one from ON one time and then saw pics of me in it.......OMG! Flattering to all body types my big 'ol behind and small tas. I can't keep a wrap dress on my top, they almost always have that cross over thing on top and I just don't have the top to pull it off. Cami or not, at least you can fill it out, lol.

Archived