Early flight

rcboh

Allure docks very early in the morning (like 4:30am), and if you carry off your own bags (you need to be able to manage them yourself, and be able to lift it by the handle with one hand and have the other hand free to hold the escalator handrail), you could be off the ship and through customs by 6:30 - 7am. Cabs are plentiful, and it's less than a 15 minute ride to the airport.

So, it is possible, if everything goes right and there are no unexpected delays. People have made a flight that early, but it is very risky and puts a lot of stress on you to get do self-disembarkation and be one of the first ones off the ship.

I would not book that flight.

So long as you are OK with missing your flight or having to reschedule then I say go for it. When we're traveling to vacation I am a nervous Nellie but on the way home I don't care if the world ends. It will probably cost you to swap flights but if money doesn't matter than where's the harm?

We were off the Allure, through Customs and in our car and on our way home by 6:30 am on 3/25. The posted time for self disembarkation is between 6:45 and 7:15 am. We were able to leave the ship at 6:15 am that morning. Just to give you an idea. The airport is very close, no more than 15 minutes away. It is possible. I will be curious to know if you decide to chance it, because I am looking at the same scenario next March.

Just returned from Ft. Lauderdale this past weekend. Disembarking the ship (Navigator) was not a problem - however airport was packed - some of the security lines were wrapped around and around. We were able to go through an "elite frequent flyer type line" and it still took us 30 minutes. I am quite sure some people waited in line over an hour. Thinking that might be a problem for you.

I would never risk booking a flight that early. Imagine all the stress getting to the airport early. Like someone said before, that much stress is not a good way to end a wonderful vacation. I'm sailing from Copenhagen this summer and it's actually the first time I booked a flight the same day as the end of the cruise. But it leaves at 5 pm....

Cindy

Even with a 8:50 flight you will have to be at the airport at least an hour prior to departure and that would mean being there at 7:50 but that doesn't take getting there (at least another 10min) or immigration into account. That is one very big risk especially since there is no garantee there will even be a later flight available that day anyway.

I would change flights now and not have to worry

Perhaps you can set your alarm and watch the port everglades web cam Sunday morning early (around 5:00 am) and see when the Allure docks. I assume it will be at least 30-60 minutes after they finally dock, that the first passengers will be allowed off.

I watched last week and it was the first ship in followed every 15-30 minutes by other ships. This was around 5:30 am.

If you are one of the first off of the ship, you might be OK with your flight. This depends entirely on the ship arriving early, clearing customs, being off the ship early with your luggage, clearing security at the airport etc..... Too many factors for me personally to consider. My flight is at 10:45am and within my "comfort zone" to make my flight....

Like others have posted, you may be stressing your entire cruise with the nagging little voice about missing your flight. If you haven't booked a flight yet, reconsider the time and enjoy your cruise!!!

Tom

portevergladeswebcam.com

I am usually pretty optimistic about making flights but even I would not attempt one that early. If you do try it, at least make sure that you check in for your flight while still aboard the ship. That will aleviate the need for you to be at the airport at least an hour before your flight time. But I have to tell you, a flight that early would just kill the last night of the cruise for me. I'd be way too stessed out.

Has anyone ever made an 8:50 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale after disembarking the Allure of the Seas?

Yes, the following day. This would be way to early for me to try or to recommend to anyone.

Three times from the Oasis and Allure we wakled off the ship at 6:15 AM and through airport security and sitting at the gate before 7:00 AM for a 7:30 AM flight. It was painless and not rushed. The key is walking off with your bags.

A lot of people are sharing their experience on Navigator or other ships, which is not relevant here.

There is a huge difference with Oasis/Allure because they arrive by 4am or 4:30am and start disembarking at 6am to 6:30am. Their state-of-the-art facility processes people through customs and immigration very quickly and efficiently. Much different than the terminals where the other ships port.

As someone else mentioned, the key is to walk off with your luggage as soon as it is permitted. And as I mentioned before, make sure you can handle your luggage with one hand, so that your other hand is free to grasp the escalator rail. Otherwise, you will be directed by port security to use the elevator, which can have a long line.

Not gonna happen you would need to be to the airport by 7am. The ship dont even dock till 630 or so no way youll be off that early. The earlyiest i would suggest is 12pm.

Dont even dock till 6:30????

Get with the program. Oasis and Allure dock very early and the first off start at 6:15 - 6:30

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to chance it at this point. We plan on being one of the first off the ship and will carry our own luggage off as well. I will let you know if we make it.

I would also start exploring what options you may have if you do not make the 8:50 flights (including plugging airline phone numbers into your phone is they are not already there). What other flights does your carrier have that day? Other carriers? Flgihts from MIA? I like to have all ducks in a row and all options known if possible. Have a great crusie!

Archived