Early flight

rcboh

Way! We made our flight with plenty of time to spare. Were off the Allure by 6:20 am; through security at FLL by 7:40 am and waited for our flight for nearly an hour.

Just wanted to let you know that we made it off the Allure by 6:20 am; were through security at FLL by 7:40 am and had plenty of time to wait for our flight which left at 8:50 am. We would do it again. We carried our own luggage off, of course, but we were not rushed at all.

I sailed Allure at the end of April, and I had a 10:10 flight and was a little nervous about making it. I was off the ship, through customs, at the airport and through security by 7:15 so had to sit at the gate for almost 3 hours.

I would book that same flight if it was there if I ever sail Allure again. It was by far the best/easiest disembarkation I have ever had.

Just wanted to let you know that we made it off the Allure by 6:20 am; were through security at FLL by 7:40 am and had plenty of time to wait for our flight which left at 8:50 am. We would do it again. We carried our own luggage off, of course, but we were not rushed at all.

Glad you made it....sure not the way I would choose to end my vacation but everyone has their own stress comfort level....I'd rather read or people watch at the airport for a couple extra hours than be worried about missing my flight on the last day of my cruise....

Three times from the Oasis and Allure we wakled off the ship at 6:15 AM and through airport security and sitting at the gate before 7:00 AM for a 7:30 AM flight. It was painless and not rushed. The key is walking off with your bags.

are you an airline employee? Or did you have the early flight at 7:30 am booked. With a 6am disembarkment, FLL can still have huge security lines, that slow you down, plus added time if you have baggage to check. This is a tight timeframe.

I would also start exploring what options you may have if you do not make the 8:50 flights (including plugging airline phone numbers into your phone is they are not already there). What other flights does your carrier have that day? Other carriers? Flgihts from MIA? I like to have all ducks in a row and all options known if possible. Have a great crusie!

On cruiseship days in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, flights are generally at least 95% full. People seem to frequently make the wrong assumption, they are just going to be able to get on the next flight. Likely you won't and it's more likely you won't even make it out the same day. So your "ducks in a row" should also include available lodging.

Three time off Oasis and Allure by 6:30 am. We do not have to fly so I can't speak about airport lines etc. We did self disembarkation

Do you remember approx what time your Oasis/Allure cruises docked in FLL? I've only been on Allure once, but it seemed that it returned to the port the earliest of any ship I've been on, something like 5am or so. My memory may be faulty, but it seems like other ships return around 7am. I'm just wondering if they plan a super early arrival for Oasis/Allure to allow more time to handle the increased passenger load.

I have made it once to a 8:30am flight while leaving a Princess Cruise. We had to get back home early. It really was a rush. We had to be the first ones off the ship when it docked. The staff was great in helping us beat the clock. If I had to do it over again I would not due to the extra stress.

No, we do not work for the airlines. We booked the 8:50 am flight because it was the least expensive. We were going to try to change it to a later flight, but the rates just didn't go down. We figured we'd get home eventually so we went for it. I realize that all the stars have to be in alignment and there is no room for error, but we made it and had time to enjoy a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee prior to boarding.

Apparently Customs officials begin clearing Allure and Oasis passengers quite early in the morning. It is the time that they begin work, rather than the time the ship arrives that would be important to me, since regardless of how early the ship may dock, nothing will happen until the officials arrive and begin processing passengers. :)

Off Oasis at 6:15, and sitting in FLL at 7:15 writing this message (through security and have coffee already). The terminal and departure is real smooth, so if you can carry off your own luggage, early flights are very much possible for Oasis/Allure.

We just made a 9:10 a.m. flight last Sunday. It wasn't by choice the time, Jet Blue had changed it but we were still thinking of our last Allure cruise when the express started at 6:00 a.m. It now starts at 6:45 a.m. per the printed material they give you. That made me very nervous but we actually started moving off the ship around 6:20 or so. Maybe they just print that now just in case?

I think the perfect time is 9:45 or later but I did a 12:30p.m. one time and it wasted our whole day.

We did meet people that were doing an 8:20 on Southwest....we actually were side by side with them in taxis on the way to the airport....now that time would have made me a little crazy.

When we sailed on Oasis we were at FLL by 7am and waited around for an 11am flight. I'm not much of a risk taker so while FLL is a very boring airport to sit at we at least didn't have the stress of rushing for a flight.

We self disembarked so it was very easy.

This is a really tough call as chances are you'll make it fine but you only need one hold up and everything will go pear shape.

• 1 month later...

I watched the Port Everglades schedules on their website and saw that the Allure was consistenty docking between 4 and 5 am on their return. I knew we'd make it when I saw that because I knew we'd be the first ship to disembark.

I've made it to FLL airport after a cruise before 730A (my flight was later and we decided to rent a car instead a drive home...it was Spirit air and it was so cheap we weren't losing anything and the car was about $35 one way [i know TMI]:)), we self "debarked" this was on a NCL cruise. We were off the Allure pretty early and we didn't do self carry...but I was driving on this one and it didn't matter....

I watched the Port Everglades schedules on their website and saw that the Allure was consistenty docking between 4 and 5 am on their return. I knew we'd make it when I saw that because I knew we'd be the first ship to disembark.

How did you know Allure would be first? When we returned to Port Everglades on Navigator this past March Allure followed us in. By 5:30 AM there were already 5 ships in port. Ships are cleared when they are cleared. It does not necessarily have anything to do with the order, or time, that they arrive in port.

• 3 months later...
No way

Not gonna happen you would need to be to the airport by 7am. The ship dont even dock till 630 or so no way youll be off that early. The earlyiest i would suggest is 12pm.

Is is possible? Yes. I can't really recommend booking a flight that early, but it's very possible, IF you self-disembark. I've been checking in and through security in plenty of time to make an 8:30-ish flight after disembarking Oasis/Allure.

Oasis and Allure dock earlier than other cruise ships, and it is very common for self-disembarking pax to be walking off the ship as early as 6:15. FLL is about a 5-8 minute cab ride from the port, and at that hour you are unlikely to encounter pax from other ships, as they would not have disembarked yet.

I know this thread is old, and the OP probably did two cruises by the time if my response, but I am sure that there are other people who wonder the same thing....

why would one want to add that much stress on themselves at the end of a vacation? when there are too many variables that are out of your control, why do it? Take your time, it's the end of the vacation and you want time to allow the experience to sink in..

We are taking the auto train down to go to WDW for a week prior to the cruise on OAS. (we had the itinerary previously as the cruise first then to WDW, but saved about $800 by switching itnieraries) so we take the auto train back the day we disembark. I must admit that I'm a bit nervous about having to drive back up to Sanford to be on the train by 2:00pm, but since it's only a 3 hour drive, I'm not as stressed. That would give us absolutely NO LATER than 10:00am to be off the ship, luggage and all, to get the car from the lot and drive up. Most people are off the ship between 8:30 and 9:00am so I'm cool with it. For airplane travel, my outgoing flights are booked for the afternoon. Stress is bad for the heart and the nerves, especially on vacation!

Happy Travels

Archived