Grand Suite on the Oasis for $1649

Nope! I have a paid booking confirmation showing 2698.00 for the suite. As this is inside of 30 days, payment must be made in full at time of booking, but it is a great deal (while supplies last).

My guess is that the GS were mostly unbooked (I had plenty to choose from), and better to have sold cabins at a cheaper price than unsold cabins.

Oh I believe you got it, but I think Royal made a mistake. They could have sold out of those at 2k pp, I'm sure, nevermind 1349.

ps the last GS on my July cruise on Allure was pricing out at 4699pp! yeah, per. person.

ps at that price why not upgrade the D+ or D on this cruise? oh, right.

I see none available now..........I would hold on to what you got.

Had something like this happen years ago on Freedom of the Seas, that time though the price screw up was for the Owners Suite's....we enjoyed it :) :) just the same :)

Jimbo:)

It was August of 08 either the 24th or 31st:D

Looking at the sale and I am not seeing the GS listed. Also no GS on the website.

Yep, just rechecked, and no more GS's (there were about 45 minutes ago). There are, however, JS's at the same price ($1349), still a good deal.

If I had booked a GS at the opening price (somewhere around $3465pp?) and I saw it after final @1349pp, I would be some kind of mad.

Honestly, I think they should have upgraded everyone down to Gold before they priced that cabin out at 1349pp.

Thank you OP. I put a GS on hold (have to see what hubby says :rolleyes:) When I did the courtesy hold I had deck 10 and when they sent my email confirmation it was for deck 7 :confused:. I don't think it will deter me from taking it. This is basically a GS at half price. We have a FOS GS in October that is more expensive than this. I love a good deal.

I am seeing them at $1349:eek::eek::eek:

Okay .... so I paid $1649 for gty JS ... already got assigned cabin ... booked about 3 weeks ago so had to pay full amount. Does this mean I can call RCCI and see if I can switch to GS? Or am I stuck ... not sure how this all works or what I can do since I had gty ... but I do see people switching their cabins all the time .... any advice?:confused:

yes thanx marci, I just read on .... but 'what if' there were .... would I be able to switch do you know? And also, where is this website .... I just looked and actually looked several times recently and 5/26 sailing is not even listed on the RCCI site? The only one is 5/6 that I can see .... must not be going to the right place I guess cuz I read people saying how many of different cabins there are left, etc. Boy am I feeling dumb!! LOL!!:cool:

yes thanx marci, I just read on .... but 'what if' there were .... would I be able to switch do you know? And also, where is this website .... I just looked and actually looked several times recently and 5/26 sailing is not even listed on the RCCI site? The only one is 5/6 that I can see .... must not be going to the right place I guess cuz I read people saying how many of different cabins there are left, etc. Boy am I feeling dumb!! LOL!!:cool:

People were seeing that price on the members area on the Royal website. I only saw JS, not GS. You would not have been able to switch because, as far as I know, the GS was a Tuesday sale. You can only upgrade on those if you pay more money. That other poster upgraded from a balcony, but he had to pay $4 more.

People were seeing that price on the members area on the Royal website. I only saw JS, not GS. You would not have been able to switch because, as far as I know, the GS was a Tuesday sale. You can only upgrade on those if you pay more money. That other poster upgraded from a balcony, but he had to pay $4 more.

I haven't personally had the experience, but there seems to be anecdotal evidence that the price must remain the same or be more (an "upgrade"), meaning you can move up or change in the same price category. However, it couldn't hurt to call and ask. They will either have availability and perform the change, or they will not (have availability or not change).

hmmm .... I just looked on the Member Area and it doesn't even list the Oasis .... just the Allure for departure on 5/20 .... snooze you lose, I guess, LOL! I'll have to remember that Monday thing for next time!:cool:

maybe I'll give a call anyway and just find out how this stuff works! I actually think that they should have upgraded first and then put the stuff out there for sale .... but then I want the upgrade and they want the sale, LOL!!! :cool: But I'll see what I can learn anyway!;)

hmmm .... I just looked on the Member Area and it doesn't even list the Oasis .... just the Allure for departure on 5/20 .... snooze you lose, I guess, LOL! I'll have to remember that Monday thing for next time!:cool:
Must be some kind of regional pricing I have been looking for several hours and also only see Allure 5/20 & 6/3

As the OP, here is what happened..I saw the JS on the flyer. I called Royal on Sunday to see the availability of rooms that could have 3 people since there is 5 in my party and we normally like 2 rooms so I could book on Monday. HE told me that only the GS and above showed availability, but to check on Monday in case people upgraded etc.

I looked at 12:15 am eastern time and saw the GS at 1349 (not 1649 as posted originally). There were about 15 or so rooms to choose from. I immediately held on to a room so I could coordinate a second room in that vicinity.

I posted my "deal" and went to bed.

When I woke up this morning about 8 I found a better pair of rooms closer together and was going to change my first room. There were only about 9 left After I got back from my carpool duties I went back online and saw there were only 3 left at about 10 am.

I live in GA but did not have that in my initial search engine.

I think they deal was too good for people to pass up and all of the rooms are now gone.

I posted my "deal" and went to bed.

Again, I thank you, as I wasn't in "search" mode and I am pretty happy with the results.

Of course, as some may be held, they could free up again. But that may not occur till after the sale ends. Anyone looking for this deal might choose to at least get a JS, and check back regularly (possibly hourly) to see if a GS opens. Even a JS at $1439 is a pretty good deal.

August 24th 2008......never will forget that will we......:D

Jimbo:D

Got that deal and this deal beat by a long shot...woke up one day to find a RS on Oasis last June right on Royals site where they left out a 0 by mistake in a price change made that evening....making the cabin $1069/pp instead of $10,690/pp:eek::eek::D

August 24th 2008......never will forget that will we......:D

Jimbo:D

Got that deal and this deal beat by a long shot...woke up one day to find a RS on Oasis last June right on Royals site where they left out a 0 by mistake in a price change made that evening....making the cabin $1069/pp instead of $10,690/pp:eek::eek::D

Jimbo you are right won't forget that trip. Back then you could combine everything. Had the $2,500 from the Visa, Diamond balcony discount and there was I believe a C&A coupon for $150. Wish I could find the paperwork. I know we did not spend very much and to top it off we were upgraded on the second leg from a D2 to a GS.

RS for $1069 I would find a way to make that trip.

C&A preview sale....you must first sign into your C&A account to see this pricing available.

Actually it is on the general website under the 5/26 WC sailing - looking at it now. And $1,349 is correct. We upgraded two of the four staterooms in our party on that sailing to GS's earlier today at that rate (thanks again Steve!) and the other two to JS's - but although they may be still showing that rate I think the GS's may be gone as they have removed that category if you go in and try to book, unless some of the "holds" drop off later.

Archived