Grand Suite on the Oasis for $1649

So wish we could hop on this deal. We will just be getting off of the Enchantment, and I don't think I could talk DH into this.

Will need a cruise later, so guess this one will just be the one that got away!:)

(I'm already booked on this sailing in a D5) and tried to upgrade to a JS and they're saying no now, new bookings only!

Any advice?

I do see that in the fine print on the website... but it seems that others were able to upgrade earlier in the day!

Thank you for cross posting, Baja! Someone made a huge mistake. At least for us! :) Here's what happened for us:

I saw that Baja posted there was a price drop on roll call this morning. This is our first cruise with RC and I didn't realize it was just a C&A member sale. I went to price out how much our boardwalk balcony dropped (not logged into RC) and it prompted me to upgrade to a JS for like $7/day so I did. Then it prompted me to upgrade to a GS for free! So I put a hold on one and called my TA. After lots of back and forth and being on hold for hours, RC honored the price since I had been able to view it without being a member and we upgraded from a boardwalk balcony to a GS for less than $100!

I got confirmation from my TA, logged into to RC and it's changed there as well. Just ordered new luggage tags. Is this still too good to be true? Should I do anything else to make sure we don't have any upsets when we try to board?

(I'm already booked on this sailing in a D5) and tried to upgrade to a JS and they're saying no now, new bookings only!

Any advice?

I do see that in the fine print on the website... but it seems that others were able to upgrade earlier in the day!

If you would have to pay more to do the upgrade, I'd keep trying. Call back and talk to someone else.

Can I ask what cabin number it is? Was it on 10? We might have been booking at the same time and that is where my deck 10 went. Just curious :rolleyes:

Sorry nice try, the cabin is on deck nine:cool:

actually it is on the general website under the 5/26 wc sailing - looking at it now. And $1,349 is correct. We upgraded two of the four staterooms in our party on that sailing to gs's earlier today at that rate (thanks again steve!) and the other two to js's - but although they may be still showing that rate i think the gs's may be gone as they have removed that category if you go in and try to book, unless some of the "holds" drop off later.

congrats!!!

Thank you for cross posting, Baja! Someone made a huge mistake. At least for us! :) Here's what happened for us:

I saw that Baja posted there was a price drop on roll call this morning. This is our first cruise with RC and I didn't realize it was just a C&A member sale. I went to price out how much our boardwalk balcony dropped (not logged into RC) and it prompted me to upgrade to a JS for like $7/day so I did. Then it prompted me to upgrade to a GS for free! So I put a hold on one and called my TA. After lots of back and forth and being on hold for hours, RC honored the price since I had been able to view it without being a member and we upgraded from a boardwalk balcony to a GS for less than $100!

I got confirmation from my TA, logged into to RC and it's changed there as well. Just ordered new luggage tags. Is this still too good to be true? Should I do anything else to make sure we don't have any upsets when we try to board?

CONGRATS and enjoy:)

Yeah, it would be an extra $40. Will do.

Dave as long as the price for the new cabin is more you can do it....it may take having them to transfer you over to resolutions....but yes, you can upgrade to a "new booking only" price as long as it's more than your original resi you currently hold.

Dave as long as the price for the new cabin is more you can do it....it may take having them to transfer you over to resolutions....but yes, you can upgrade to a "new booking only" price as long as it's more than your original resi you currently hold.

Okay, thanks Baja. Worth a shot!

Jimbo you are right won't forget that trip. Back then you could combine everything. Had the $2,500 from the Visa, Diamond balcony discount and there was I believe a C&A coupon for $150. Wish I could find the paperwork. I know we did not spend very much and to top it off we were upgraded on the second leg from a D2 to a GS.

RS for $1069 I would find a way to make that trip.

Found the invoice in my saved emails..

Here is what we paid for a an Owners Suite.

Cruise Fare: 1730.00 1730.00 3460.00

Taxes & Fees: 48.53 48.53 97.06

$-200.00 off for Balcony Discount

$-150.00 off for Crown and Anchor Coupon

Total for the Cabin $3207.06

I think there was maybe 6 or 8 couples who got that deal on that sailing.

Jimbo :)

Thanks Jim. Minus my $2,500 and it looks like we got the OS for just over $700

There is a GS guarantee on the website right now for $1349pp.

Very tempting. I tried to get one yesterday and they were all gone but once you posted, I just tried again. GS guarantee for $1349 but deluxe guarantee for $1649? Can't you end up with a GS if you book a deluxe guarantee? Don't think it is worth the extra $600 total for that roll of the dice.

Alas, I called the voice of reason and we are waiting for a late summer deal or a NE/Canada. Will let the courtesy hold expire.:(

Very tempting. I tried to get one yesterday and they were all gone but once you posted, I just tried again. GS guarantee for $1349 but deluxe guarantee for $1649? Can't you end up with a GS if you book a deluxe guarantee? Don't think it is worth the extra $600 total for that roll of the dice.

Alas, I called the voice of reason and we are waiting for a late summer deal or a NE/Canada. Will let the courtesy hold expire.:(

Those 2 guarantees make no sense together! Also there are no GS left so you would probably get something better. (unless they upgraded all the GS to higher and then gave the GS guarantees the remaining GS? sounds like a lot of extra work, to me)

There is a GS guarantee on the website right now for $1349pp.

WHOO HOOOO!!! Just got one! thanks =) Now, since it's a guarantee GS, I wonder what the odds are of us getting upgraded??

WHOO HOOOO!!! Just got one! thanks =) Now, since it's a guarantee GS, I wonder what the odds are of us getting upgraded??

I bet you get upgraded, especially since there aren't any GS available right now to assign. Unless they upgrade all the people who already have them, like marci said, I really think you will get something better. Good luck and let us know!:p

Jimbo - Am I missing something here? I thought you couldn't combine balcony discount and C&A coupon? :confused:

Archived