Cranks rejoice

For all you kid lovers....new offer from RCL...."Kids sail free!" in the Med. For some it will be welcome news...others?.....panic. Seems like becoming a "family cruise line" is the direction Royal is heading.Have a GREAT Sat.:)

Wow! On a personal level, I'm not lovin being with screaming kids, (cuz disipline is outdated) yet, now my sister may want to take a cruise with her three kids who are truely, well behaved.

PS Can you direct me to where you found this so I can search it? Thanks.

And, there's no such thing as "free". And I'm sure it's free in the same cabin, as long as the cabin is big enough to accomodate everyone which does limit the number of people that can use it.

One thing they seem to forget is those kids grow up and for a while won't have kids of their own. There's a large segment of the population who are empty nesters or DINKs. We're empty nesters with grown children with no grandchildren yet. Funny thing is, most of the cruisers we meet aren't traveling with children.

I've been on three Mediterranean cruises, one of which (unbeknownst to me when I booked it :eek:) was during spring break. Never had a problem with kids on board so what's the worry? RCI ships are designed to accommodate families and they do it well. Given that the airfare to Europe from North America is pretty steep, I say it's a swell deal that there's a bit of a break for children.

They're going crazy with their Europe promotions, anything to fill a cabin.

Next we are going to see Vegetarians sail free! Free airfare for PingPong players! and a New Jersey BOGO.

I like your thread title, btw

Almost always these promos are during the school year when kids cannot go unless parents take them out of school or the kids are home schooled. I've yet to see one during summer vacation. Also you have to consider a Med cruise is going to mean expensive airfare.

If I was going to fly all the way to Europe, the last thing I would want to do is eat "Honey Stung Chicken" on a RC ship...

Funny you say that...I haven't had it so can't comment, but when I hear about it, it reminds me of having a lazy dinner night and pouring some honey marinade over chicken. LOL

Still and all for a family that has a budget, it would be a great way to break into traveling at a reduced price.

If I was going to fly all the way to Europe, the last thing I would want to do is eat "Honey Stung Chicken" on a RC ship...

What!! Really??!! I've flown the opposite direction quite a few times and Honey Stung Chicken salad means my cruise has begun!! And I have the pics to prove it!! Lol :D

Funny you say that...I haven't had it so can't comment, but when I hear about it, it reminds me of having a lazy dinner night and pouring some honey marinade over chicken. LOL

Still and all for a family that has a budget, it would be a great way to break into traveling at a reduced price.

With the cost of airline tickets to Europe this would hardly be a trip for families on a budget.

With the cost of airline tickets to Europe this would hardly be a trip for families on a budget.

I agree. I so want to book a Med. cruise to take advantage of the crazy low prices, but the airfare is so nuts that it still is cost prohibitive.

I should have clarified...as this is true, they all have free airline tickets that they have to use before Dec 2013. I told my sister about it and she is one that doesn't care for crusing. Oh well.

Almost always these promos are during the school year when kids cannot go unless parents take them out of school or the kids are home schooled. I've yet to see one during summer vacation. Also you have to consider a Med cruise is going to mean expensive airfare.

There are whole sections of the country that are finished school by May 31.

I so want to book a Med. cruise to take advantage of the crazy low prices, but the airfare is so nuts that it still is cost prohibitive.

RCCL is reducing the number of ships in the Med because they just can't fill them up and it's not the cost of the cruise that is the problem! It is the airfare. And how do you get a small child to sit still long enough for that flight? I don't think they will have many takers on that offer. I would love to do a Med. cruise too but I can't sit still long enough for the flight.

RCCL is reducing the number of ships in the Med because they just can't fill them up and it's not the cost of the cruise that is the problem! It is the airfare. And how do you get a small child to sit still long enough for that flight? I don't think they will have many takers on that offer. I would love to do a Med. cruise too but I can't sit still long enough for the flight.

We've done one. It's not as bad as you may imagine...at least coming from the east coast. It was a night flight and each seat had a TV monitor in the headrest. It made the flight time very pleasant. Although coming from Hawaii...:eek:.

What!! Really??!! I've flown the opposite direction quite a few times and Honey Stung Chicken salad means my cruise has begun!! And I have the pics to prove it!! Lol :D

What I meant was that if I was to fly my family all the way to Europe, I would not want to spend it on a RC ship.

That is something I could do here.

It's like going all the way to Italy to eat at "Olive Garden"..

For all you kid lovers....new offer from RCL...."Kids sail free!" in the Med. For some it will be welcome news...others?.....panic. Seems like becoming a "family cruise line" is the direction Royal is heading.Have a GREAT Sat.:)

No. They're doing everything possible to fill cabins even if it means bringing the rug rats along.

What I meant was that if I was to fly my family all the way to Europe, I would not want to spend it on a RC ship.

That is something I could do here.

It's like going all the way to Italy to eat at "Olive Garden"..

Hmmm...don't knock something if you haven't tried it. We have sailed on Royal Caribbean Ships with our kids in Northern Europe (England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Norway and Holland). We also took them on a Royal Caribbean Cruise to the Mediterranean (Barcelona, the South of France, Tuscany, Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Sicily).

They have kissed the Blarney Stone, walked the steps of the Mayflower

passengers, climbed the Eiffel Tower, seen where Anne Frank and her family hid during WWII, seen the beauty of Norway and Scotland. Sailing around the North of Scotland sitting on our aft balcony, oh the beauty! And that was just on one 12 day cruise.

On the Med cruise they saw the Leaning Tower of Pizza, Toured the Vatican, the Colosseum and Pompeii. They saw the vineyards of Tuscany and drove

along the beautiful Amalfi coast. They toured the island of Sicily and the city of Barcelona. This was on a 7 night cruise.

Cruising in Europe allows a family to visit so many places in a short period of time without packing and with meals and activities and room included

My kids are Diamond plus on Royal. They have cruised the Caribbean so many times but ask them what is their favorite cruise? The Europe/Med cruises top the list. And as far as cost, cruising in Europe is a great value. Yes, airfares are high now but still the whole package is a great value and a wonderful gift you can give your kids.

Oh and we never ate at Olive Garden, we had a lunch overlooking the water in Sorrento and the Italian food was so good! They ate lunch in the south of France where no one in the restaurant spoke English. The food was delicious and the experience priceless.

Great post and so true. We took our kids on a Royal Cruise in the Med and to Alaska. They have been on MANY Caribbean cruises and the non-Caribbean cruises would be their favorites.

My kids are all adults now. My bucket list includes the Baltics and very soon I hope a River Cruise in Europe. Oh and that bucket list goes on.....we want to spend our kids inheritance one cruise at a time, haha!

We would have loved to have this offer. My Grandson is now 18 so it won't help us, but even with the airfare, if you look at the total cost, it might just work to the advantage of a few families. We cruised to Hawaii during Spring Break one year. It required 2 weeks, one of which they were out of school, one that they had to make up the work. If they are in public schools, that's tough on them when they return so I don't know if we would ever think about doing that again.

Archived