Upgrade fairy strikes again

Apparently the little gal decided that one upgrade this cruise was not enough for me. She struck again last night to give me a balcony. I am so excited and had to look 5 or 6 times to be sure of it. Ultimate Breakfast on the balcony for me while we are in Tracy Arm. I can't believe she struck once this cruise but twice. I think she now deserves a much needed rest.

What category did you originally book, what were you upgraded to the first time, and what balcony category were you upgraded to the second time? For example, did you go from an inside, to ocean/view oobstructed to balcony or ocean view obstructed to non-ocean view obstructed to balcony? Just curious that's all

We leave in 2 weeks on the Grand which will probably be one of my Mom's final cruises (she's 87). After 60 cruises on Princess, she finally got her upgrade!!! We went from FF to BC balcony. Hope she stays well!!

Congratulations! I know the feeling.. When we got our last (so far) upgrade I had to open and close the Cruise personalizer 3 times and clean my glasses to make sure that I wasn't seeing things. Definitely made my day! :D

ps I then printed it out just to have proof!

Congratulations! I know the feeling.. When we got our last (so far) upgrade I had to open and close the Cruise personalizer 3 times and clean my glasses to make sure that I wasn't seeing things. Definitely made my day! :D

ps I then printed it out just to have proof!

thanks, my Mom is now a little more excited as she wanted to book a balcony but we decided it was just too much. She is not feeling the best so I hope she can go.

Friends of mine are on the Star July 22. They were upgraded from Category AE to AA minisuite.:D. They originally started out with a Cat. BB, and then re-booked a guaranty AE mini when the price fell below the price they were paying for the Cat. BB.:)

Apparently the little gal decided that one upgrade this cruise was not enough for me. She struck again last night to give me a balcony. I am so excited and had to look 5 or 6 times to be sure of it. Ultimate Breakfast on the balcony for me while we are in Tracy Arm. I can't believe she struck once this cruise but twice. I think she now deserves a much needed rest.

Congrats on your upgrade. A balcony is a great thing to have in Tracy Arm. Dress warmly for your Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. I was there during the 2nd week of August a couple of years ago and we were wearing wool caps and gloves and coats while in Tracy Arm.

thanks, my Mom is now a little more excited as she wanted to book a balcony but we decided it was just too much. She is not feeling the best so I hope she can go.

I hope your mom is feeling better. Please tell her, I hope she has the best cruise ever and congrats on her BALCONY!!!

What category did you originally book, what were you upgraded to the first time, and what balcony category were you upgraded to the second time? For example, did you go from an inside, to ocean/view oobstructed to balcony or ocean view obstructed to non-ocean view obstructed to balcony? Just curious that's all

I was originally booked for an inside on plaza level. Went to inside on the deck above aloha. To balcony (bc) on aloha.

Congrats on the upgrade.

But the title of the thread gave me pause (Upgrade Fairy Strikes Again).

I thought that, like the pilot boat captains in Norway, the fairy was going to withhold her services for a while.

Congrats on the upgrade. I keep hoping she'll visit us as well. I'm just hoping to go from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one. But if you happen to see her, let her know a balcony would be fine as well. I'd splurge for the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast if we got that--and maybe the Ultimate Balcony Dinner as well.

I hope your mom is feeling better. Please tell her, I hope she has the best cruise ever and congrats on her BALCONY!!!

Thanks so much. I hope this isn't her last cruise but I know she's winding down. Look for my live thread. :)

I booked 2 guarantee obstructed view outsides on the Star Princess 17 June sailing back in Feb. In March I was assigned 2 FF obstructed view outsides.

Yesterday I was upgraded to 2 BB balcony cabins.

Archived