Suite Perks

Woobstr112G

Originally Posted by Sunviking viewpost.gif

Speaking of suite amenities, I thought I'd tell you about the new "Chef’s “Welcome Goodies” on embarkation day" We had two little bowls of candied almonds on the wet bar counter. Mind you, they were tasty, but I'd rather continue to get free internet. Also, there was only one minibar setup in the cabin, not as the last few times one for being suite and one for being elite. When I inquired about this, I was told that they only give you one at a time now and that when we finished the first one we should just ask for it to be replenished. We haven't tried that yet, but I found it strange that they had changed.

So what if I planned to host some friends in the suite for a sailaway party and wanted the additional beverages that I'm supposed to receive? Afraid I would have to reply to room service and say "Sorry, I would like them now please".

So what if I planned to host some friends in the suite for a sailaway party and wanted the additional beverages that I'm supposed to receive? Afraid I would have to reply to room service and say "Sorry, I would like them now please".

When they came in and saw your bottles "missing":D Just tell him you've already consumed them.....:D:D:D

Bob

Pia;

You bring up a very good point about Princess needing a new way to draw cruisers in. I'm looking forward to doing it on the Sapphire. I've had a bit of bad luck being chosen for the CT as I'm only 2 outa four for when it was offered (wasn't offered on the Diamond in Feb 2009). I was shut out two T/A's in a row on the Ruby.....

Bob

Just off the CB Bob and they couldn't "give it away." They kept advertising it over and over and over. Evidentally the Brits are not interested, since these two cruises was mostly UK passengers.

I just returned from the Crown Princess 12 day Med/Greek Isles cruise. I signed up on embarkation day for the Chef's Table so that my daughter could experience it (her 1st Princess Cruise!). I received my response letter stating that because they couldn't fill a table, the Chef's Table wouldn't be happening on this cruise.

There were many young families aboard & young adults. I believe the reason the CT didn't happen was because this cruise was mostly European passengers aboard & also Princess later & very close to the actual cruise date deeply cut the cruise price & sub-divided the cruise into two 6 day segments to fill the ship (Rome to Athens, Athens to Venice).

Judy

Thanks. I've been wondering about that perk. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but seriously, candied almonds are the Chef's Welcome Goodies. I expected freshly baked cookies or something like that. Its a little disappointing.

Denise

There's those cookies again. :eek:

I just returned from the Crown Princess 12 day Med/Greek Isles cruise. I signed up on embarkation day for the Chef's Table so that my daughter could experience it (her 1st Princess Cruise!). I received my response letter stating that because they couldn't fill a table, the Chef's Table wouldn't be happening on this cruise. Judy

This is seems to be happening quite alot. :(

I just returned from the Crown Princess 12 day Med/Greek Isles cruise. I signed up on embarkation day for the Chef's Table so that my daughter could experience it (her 1st Princess Cruise!). I received my response letter stating that because they couldn't fill a table, the Chef's Table wouldn't be happening on this cruise.

There were many young families aboard & young adults. I believe the reason the CT didn't happen was because this cruise was mostly European passengers aboard & also Princess later & very close to the actual cruise date deeply cut the cruise price & sub-divided the cruise into two 6 day segments to fill the ship (Rome to Athens, Athens to Venice).

Judy

Judy;

I'm hoping the demographics and the itinerary (LA - Hawaii R/T) will preclude the canceling of the CT when we sail on the Sapphire in March.....:):):)

Bob

If you want to do the Ultimate Ship Tour, sign up right away and promote it to others. We just got off the Golden in Alaska and my husband was so excited about it but it was cancelled due to not enough people. I think they said that five people signed up but they wanted 14. Boy was he bummed! So if you want to do it, sign up fast and get anyone else who is interested to help fill it up.

If you want to do the Ultimate Ship Tour, sign up right away and promote it to others. We just got off the Golden in Alaska and my husband was so excited about it but it was cancelled due to not enough people. I think they said that five people signed up but they wanted 14. Boy was he bummed! So if you want to do it, sign up fast and get anyone else who is interested to help fill it up.

I am hoping that Princess realizes that some of the excessively priced options are too overly priced and maybe will reduce them.

I would be tempted to do the Ultimate Ship tour but I don't want a chef's jacket or robe.

As far as the Chef's Table - I don't want to carry a cookbook home (with luggage restrictions) nor do I drink so I don't find the cost worth it. Sounds like I am not the only one who thinks this if they are having problems filling these.

I am hoping that Princess realizes that some of the excessively priced options are too overly priced and maybe will reduce them.

I would be tempted to do the Ultimate Ship tour but I don't want a chef's jacket or robe.

As far as the Chef's Table - I don't want to carry a cookbook home (with luggage restrictions) nor do I drink so I don't find the cost worth it. Sounds like I am not the only one who thinks this if they are having problems filling these.

Bottom Line: The novelty wore off. Especially the expensive CT, which made it worse when they increased the price.

Exactly the reasons I have forgone this on previous cruises. Who needs a chef's jacket or another robe? Maybe if they left some of these items off they could reduce the price and have greater participation.

Mike:)

The price is reduced for those who will not be drinking the wines.

It still includes the cookbook and the price has been increased. Not worth it IMO. The decrease in fee for those who don't drink is not significant.

Judy

Maybe it would help if they advertised that all rooms have priority chef table booking.

In a recent discussion someone posted a PDF file of the suite benefits. While some items such is the complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant was a new benefit, the priority for the CT and the UST did not have the same notation so you're probably correct that they are now just advertising it is a benefit.

In the past we have enjoyed four CT's before the price increase but since then have not gone because to us it's not worth the additional $190 more than eating in the MDR. I may have felt differently if I had never gone to a CT but now we choose to spend our money on other things.

Increasing the price for a popular dinner with a limited availability makes business sense however they may have priced it higher than most are willing to pay. I thought that maybe another reason for the price increase could have been to eliminate repeat CT diners and for others to be able to enjoy the experience. However based on recent experiences of others & needing to advertise their limited number of seats was not necessary in the past.

if it cost that much I would rather spend it on a cabana get more time for the money:D

The last time we did it , they limited it to 12. Guess they didn't make at profit so they want more people. We wanted to do it at Christmas when our son was along but it was cancelled.

We are hoping to do it on the Royal.

The last time we did it , they limited it to 12. Guess they didn't make at profit so they want more people. We wanted to do it at Christmas when our son was along but it was cancelled.

We are hoping to do it on the Royal.

I'm also hoping to be selected on the Royal. Especially with that new CT setup they have......:):):)

Bob

A large table in the center of the DR so that the diners can be on display.

Personally, I think that's the problem. I think it's a little tacky. I'm not sure I want to do it anymore.

Denise

On the new Royal isn't there supposed to be a light curtain or something so it is somewhat private.

The new perk sounds like the priority portrait sittings on formal night. Big whoop!!!

On the new Royal isn't there supposed to be a light curtain or something so it is somewhat private.

The new perk sounds like the priority portrait sittings on formal night. Big whoop!!!

Here's the video link regarding the new Chef's Table setup.....:):):)

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/amenities_publicrooms/personal_choice_dining/index.html

Bob

Archived