Booking next cruise while still on the current one

Rebel54

If you buy a future cruise credits you have up to 4 years to apply them, lower deposit and OBC's which vary by the length of your cruise. If you book a specific cruise well in advance then chances are you may get that specific cabin you want and the dining time/type you prefer.

You can book on board and pay 100 per person for the deposit or you can buy a future cruise credit for the same price of 100 per person. Then you can book later when you figure out what you want to do. You have up to 4 years to use the future cruise credit. Also when you book on board or buy the FCC you get ship board credits too, depending on how long the cruise is, that you book. I don't have one infront of me but I think it is 25 dollars per person for 7 day cruise and 50 dolars for over 10 days.

If you don't have a Future Cruise Credit or you don't book on board, your cruise deposit can be quite expensive. Could be some where around 800 to maybe 1.600 dollars.

OBC varies by length of cruise and cabin level.

7-11 inside/outside $25 pp, verandah $35, suite $50

12+ days: $50pp, $75 pp, $100 pp

If you have to cancel a trip booked on board, the $200 (couple) stays on your account and can be reused for another booking.

We do buy a couple of cruise deposits when we are on a cruise. The price of these deposits do not go on your shipboard account. So when you go to see the FFC on board the ship -- take your credit card with you. They will be charged right away to your credit card.

You do not have to book a specific cruise right away. The FCC person will send to your cabin the booking numbers to give to your TA.

Something new -- on our recent cruise when we bought a couple of deposits -- it was listed that the deposits are now refundable after 4 years.

Shipboard Credit:

7 - 10 days:

Inside - $25 per person

Outside - $25 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC0 - $35 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) - $50 per person

11+ days:

Inside - $50 per person

Outside - $50 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) - $75 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) - $100 per person

Please Note:

This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupany will receive a single person portion. Ship board credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. This offer or any unused portion is not redeemable for cash and is available to new bookings only.

This offer is not combinable with the World Cruise, Grand Voyages or segments thereof.

I would just buy the future cruise credits onboard. It seems that those who did often get an email from HAL shortly after the cruise offering them double onboard credits if they book within 30 days. Those (on our cruise) who booked a cruise onboard did not get this offer.

Plus, you have more time once at home to review your future plans.

DaveOKC

Can someone please explain to me the bennies are for booking your next cruise while onboard the current one? I've seen mention of it but would like the down and dirty.

TIA :)

If you buy a future cruise credits you have up to 4 years to apply them, lower deposit and OBC's which vary by the length of your cruise. If you book a specific cruise well in advance then chances are you may get that specific cabin you want and the dining time/type you prefer.

Actually, you will get "that specific cabin (stateroom) you want and the dining time/type you prefer" as that is one of the 'perks' for booking your next cruise while onboard the current one! ;) (At least from personal experience, that is what has always happened for me)! :)

Actually, you will get "that specific cabin (stateroom) you want and the dining time/type you prefer" as that is one of the 'perks' for booking your next cruise while onboard the current one! ;) (At least from personal experience, that is what has always happened for me)! :)

Very likely yes, but it would depend on how far ahead you are of booking that cruise, the OP might choose something 4-6 months out in which case all bets are off.

The price of these deposits do not go on your shipboard account. So when you go to see the FFC on board the ship -- take your credit card with you. They will be charged right away to your credit card.

No need to bring your credit card if you are going to use the same card you are using for your current on-board expenses.

The Future Cruise Consultant has access to that number in his/her trusty computer.

Very likely yes, but it would depend on how far ahead you are of booking that cruise, the OP might choose something 4-6 months out in which case all bets are off.

We have booked two of our HAL cruises while onboard, 9-10 months out each time ... and got exactly the cabin & dining time we wanted.

Something new -- on our recent cruise when we bought a couple of deposits -- it was listed that the deposits are now refundable after 4 years.[/size][/font]

That is new KK. Last I knew, if not used in four years you could call and get a four year extension on them (I don't think this was known to many.) Never heard of the money being refunded.

That's a good move for HAL.

Thanks.

I would just buy the future cruise credits onboard. It seems that those who did often get an email from HAL shortly after the cruise offering them double onboard credits if they book within 30 days. Those (on our cruise) who booked a cruise onboard did not get this offer.

DaveOKC

This is exactly what happened to us so in future we will only buy the future cruise credits and not book it while on board.

Currently the way HAL has it set up it works out to your advantage to just buy the Future Cruise Deposit then wait till you get home and get the Offer that states Thanks for sailing with us if you book in the next 60 days we will give you extra Ship Board credit which basically doubles the Ship Board Credit from your Future Cruise Deposit. Currently there is nothing you get extra if you book a specific cruise on board. This could be a plan for the future to have only On board Cruise agents to sell only Future Cruise Deposits like NCL does or maybe not but right now it is better not to actually book a cruise on board ;)

"This offer is not combinable with the World Cruise, Grand Voyages or segments thereof."

The note that KK quoted is what our FCC paperwork said as well, but HAL will not apply FCC to any cruise longer than 36 days, even if it is not a World Cruise, Grand Voyage, or segment thereof.

OBC varies by length of cruise and cabin level.

7-11 inside/outside $25 pp, verandah $35, suite $50

12+ days: $50pp, $75 pp, $100 pp

If you have to cancel a trip booked on board, the $200 (couple) stays on your account and can be reused for another booking.

I was very pleased to read this thread as we are doing our first cruise back home to Australia on Oosterdam this October. Having read so many different threads, I am absorbing heaps of info and tell my DH I will be an expert by the time we sail:D

I was intending to see about a future Medterranean B2b Collectors cruise that I fancy for the middle of next year and appreciate the fact that I should just buy future credits to gain more benefits.

Thanks everyone

We are going on our first cruise ever for the girls and I and second for hubby its a back to back cruise in a couple of weeks and I heard you can get good deals on future cruises if you book them while on boat. Either OBC or upgrades of cabin ie outside for inside price etc.. But I want to be prepared before we go to know how much this will cost as I am sure they will try and sell us something (someone said its like those time share things but on a cruise ship) and I want to be sure I know when it will be and be prepared as I would like to book one for a trip in the future (maybe next summer or the following??) and if its cheaper then what we paid this cruise I think we can manage it.

So questions I have is this

1) cheapest way to get a cruise - how far in advance you have to book for the best deal

2) how much deposit required - we needed like 900 per cruise for us (family of 4)

3) we are going on Carnival Liberty so what ship should we look into for something different yet still cheap (family of 4 )

4) are we committed to a specific cruise and date - can it be changed, or can it be an open ended thing?

Jenn in Canada

Can you have a friend on a HAL cruise book a FCC for you as a"gift"?

Yes but it depends on the Future Cruise Consultant. I have had bought for me. They had my Mariner number and I had given them money to pay for it. I also know of several that have also done this.

Archived