Won't leave home without it

MustangGT

I love Cruise Critic! So many helpful people with a wealth of knowledge!

I am always interested to read about a person's "must have" items when he or she are cruising. My needs are simple - I won't leave home without the binoculars and a power strip.

I am amazed at the posters who won't leave one without a coffee pot, a fan, a memory foam topper - just to name a few. There were even a few who joked they were going to take furniture for their Caribe balcony when Princess changed the chairs and tables :-)

So, what is it that you won't leave home without?

I love Cruise Critic! So many helpful people with a wealth of knowledge!

I am always interested to read about a person's "must have" items when he or she are cruising. My needs are simple - I won't leave home without the binoculars and a power strip.

I am amazed at the posters who won't leave one without a coffee pot, a fan, a memory foam topper - just to name a few. There were even a few who joked they were going to take furniture for their Caribe balcony when Princess changed the chairs and tables :-)

So, what is it that you won't leave home without?

Wife, passport, credit cards, meds, some money,dancing shoes, and our snorkel & masks.

We use Princess supplied shampoo, soap, bedding, storage locations. A camera is also nice but is becomine optional for repeated ports.

Thanks for the reminder to bring binoculars. The last cruise I forgot them. Now they're sitting on the dresser along with some other items that I want to bring. Plastic wine glasses and a wine bottle opener are on our list. My electric hair curler and flip flops for the pool and spa areas. Purex 3 in 1 sheets for laundry and some quarters.

Beyond the obvious:

Bandaids designed especially for blisters, if you get blisters, look for them. They are under the Bandaid brand.

Imodium, Compazine, Bonine and all the other perscription meds.

Binoculars

Nook

Slippers

Flameless candle

Cork screw

Not just for cruises, but any vacation...a small first aid kit. We spent 2 hours once searching for an open store (Christmas Eve) to purchase cough syrup. Another vacation, a couple hours walking around looking for an open store to purchase a bandaid, our daughters finger had a small cut that just wouldn't stop bleeding, not enough to need stitches.

Although a cruise ship may have some if these items it's just easier to have it along. The kit I have is about 4 X 6 X 2, not difficult to pack. It's not a big deal unless you need an item, I hate wasting vacation hours hunting down simple things.

Archived