Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

I use the FZ200 to great effect at long range with the 600mm zoom. However, the range can be extended to 1200mm with the Extra Optical Zoom with very little loss of quality, if any,especially if the light is good. I only use the digial zoom for recognition if something is really far away. I have even managed a decent picture from this mode.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! Is there a waterproof covering you can recommend?

Found this suggestion on another forum, seems like a great idea.

I take a gal-size zip loc bag and place the camera inside with the lens at the bottom. Take a step up ring and screw that onto the lens through the plastic bag material. Then I take an Xacto knife and run it around the inside of the ring, cutting away the plastic. This works great and all that gets wet is the front glass.

I use this during winters here in No. CA, and I used this last June on my Alaska cruise. It was especially wet in Haines and I was the only one who didn't worry about their camera getting wet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my FZ200 for many months now, but it's only just gone on it's first cruise, :), a TA aboard the Celebrity Silhouette. Here's a shot I got of the MSC Musica in port with us on November 5 in Palma de Mallorca, at dusk. The moon was full, and I was impressed that the camera managed to get some lunar surface detail, given everything else in the image.

MSCMusica1024x605_zps2472bd21.jpg

Another shot, at night leaving Palma; that's the magnificent Cathedral in the background:

MSCMusicanight1024x513_zps3fe95b6d.jpg

(turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you enjoy wildlife photography with the FZ200 go to:

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/gallery/fz200/Bence_Mate/

also DiLeep pictures,(on this forum) shows you want this camera can do with with only up to 600mm and a fast lens. Still holding on as a great camera considering it's about 3 years old. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dileep (user name)is one of our weekly picture contributors (great Pics) and additional commentaries, has not been on this site since March 29. Sure miss his contributions to our site. Anyone have an update? Thanks

Tom :cool:

I could not choke down the original price of the FZ200, so settled for the FZ70. Not a bad mistake, but a mistake. I am still hoping to add the FZ200 to my collection someday, and donate the FZ70 to a nephew.

I ended up purchasing the 200 after reading this thread. I took it to Sydney and am really impressed. Here are a few photos I took to compare the zoom - I hand held on the A+ setting.

View across Darling Harbour:

bbf3922a1427751b31117f7a13d410cc.jpg

And zooming in on those windows across the bay from the same spot

4fcfb3f033567b1d6949b9b94c651483.jpg

Sydney Opera House non zoom

ba5e3639599fcb51441e78d6a91c992a.jpg

Zoom to the Tiles

8097dffa9742f23146f3b07d5e97aeaf.jpg

The Bridge - I was on a moving boat - no tripod:

7a5f4fa52ac26fb48cfd9c130bff8960.jpg

Zoom

f19ccedf56f62f35c8c1690f2ec8bb44.jpg

Those pictures are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Just bought me another new FZ200, great camera for those long shots and every day pictures and no lens to change.

dileep (user name)is one of our weekly picture contributors (great Pics) and additional commentaries, has not been on this site since March 29. Sure miss his contributions to our site. Anyone have an update? Thanks

Too much business travel!

Edited by dileep

Those pictures are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Just bought me another new FZ200, great camera for those long shots and every day pictures and no lens to change.

Thanks. Given these were the first photos I had taken with the camera I was really happy with its performance. Ive just used a basic point and shoot previously! I had watched those Youtube info videos several times. Cant wait until I actually know how to use it, and now have a tripod.

Go here and download this free FZ200 manual by Graham, is best know for all his input o this camera and youtube training. Great place to start learning about this camera.

http://www.grahamhoughton.com/download-section/

Thanks - Graham Houghton's videos really helped - they should pay him a commission!

• 3 weeks later...