Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

I haven't taken anything like this before as was impressed with the result. On Ai and from 5 feet away using the zoom.

P1080491.jpg

THANKS for posting, has to be one of the BEST FZ200 pictures I've seen!!!!

GREAT DETAIL

Tom :cool:

GREAT WELL DONE VIDEOS, watch them all.

THANKS!!!! Hard to believe you have not wore out your FZ200 lol.

Who would ever think a camera can take such great videos.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the recommendation to use or not use UV or Clear filter on the Fz200.

I recommend the filter to protect the lens; if you hit the lens glass, by accident of course, you could not only scratch the lens glass or possibly actually crack the outer lens element.

If there is a "protective" filter on the camera, you can easily replace the filter! Not the entire lens or throw away the camera.

I know from experience with my old Spotmatic lenses - a few bucks for a filter can save hundreds on a new lens.

I have a UV filter for protection.

I have read mixed reviews about adding a filter to the FZ200 and until now have resisted buying one. For protection I have generally made use of the lens hood. Having said all that I have just ordered a Hoya UV filter from Amazon for around $13. I will try it see if it makes a difference and if it doesn't I may keep it on.

I have read that pictures become less sharp when the filter is on.

Here is one of mine from last weekend. :)

Sandbanks%2B%2526%2BBrownsea%2BIsland%2B-%2B29%2BJune%2B2015%2B%2528106%2529.jpg

I do not have filters on my other camera lens , but being a fix lens, thought I would try Panasonic's clear glass filter and of course use my lens hood.

I have read mixed reviews about adding a filter to the FZ200 and until now have resisted buying one. For protection I have generally made use of the lens hood. Having said all that I have just ordered a Hoya UV filter from Amazon for around $13. I will try it see if it makes a difference and if it doesn't I may keep it on.

I have read that pictures become less sharp when the filter is on.

As a general matter, and not a comment on that specific Hoya filter, I think that if a filter is as inexpensive as $13, it probably is not a really good one. If you are going to put a clear filter on a lens, it really should be a high quality filter. Otherwise, you are diminishing the quality of your fine camera and lens by putting inferior glass over quality glass.

While I have used filters with lenses on other cameras, I have used the lens hood on my FZ200 for protection. If I were to put a UV filter on the FZ200, it would probably be a coated filter from B&W in the $25-39 price range. YMMV.

While I have used filters with lenses on other cameras, I have used the lens hood on my FZ200 for protection. If I were to put a UV filter on the FZ200, it would probably be a coated filter from B&W in the $25-39 price range. YMMV.

I have a Nikon Neutral Clear filter on mine!

Sue Great Pictures, if you are like me it's hard to pick which camera to use, the A6000 or the FZ200. I use the FZ200 for the long shots and carry when I only need one camera and do not have to change lens. Both our GREAT cameras.

Sue Great Pictures, if you are like me it's hard to pick which camera to use, the A6000 or the FZ200. I use the FZ200 for the long shots and carry when I only need one camera and do not have to change lens. Both our GREAT cameras.

Another Tom signing in to totally agree. Both are terrific cameras!