A Canadian resident!

akruz

Will there be any problem booking with Princess and than trfr to a US TA?

Do most of the US TA's do business with Canadian residents for new bookings and or trfrs.

I am just asking if any Canadian has had difficulty doing any bookings using Princess Cruiseline. Either direct or indirect?

Thanks

PS maybe some fine print that states US citizens only.

No problem at all. We always book through a US travel system obtaining much better pricing plus taking advantage of the strong Canadian dollar helps too. Have you encountered any problems?

No I am gathering information and than will start the process. I know we want to do Panama in March or April.

I am wondering how to work those deposits, too. Some say zero deposit some say 50% and I am confused who do I all give deposits to. Princess if I book first or Ta if I book through them or does my deposit get trfr over. I might have to put this on a new thread.

Thanks for replying.

No I am gathering information and than will start the process. I know we want to do Panama in March or April.

I am wondering how to work those deposits, too. Some say zero deposit some say 50% and I am confused who do I all give deposits to. Princess if I book first or Ta if I book through them or does my deposit get trfr over. I might have to put this on a new thread.

Thanks for replying.

Your deposit with Princess will transfer over to a TA. So will your cabin selection.

You may benefit by booking directly with a TA if you want a reduced deposit. Travel Agents are able to run "deposit specials" periodically where deposits are only $100 pp until final payment. You just need to ask the TA when they are having a deposit special and book during that time.

Becarefull of all the specials Princess runs what seems like every other week (or holiday) where deposits are non-refundable if you cancel. Make sure you ask when you book if your deposit is refundable.

Your deposit with Princess will transfer over to a TA. So will your cabin selection.

You may benefit by booking directly with a TA if you want a reduced deposit. Travel Agents are able to run "deposit specials" periodically where deposits are only $100 pp until final payment. You just need to ask the TA when they are having a deposit special and book during that time.

Becarefull of all the specials Princess runs what seems like every other week (or holiday) where deposits are non-refundable if you cancel. Make sure you ask when you book if your deposit is refundable.

Thanks Coral I shall heed that advice. Thanks

Thanks for replying.

Our on-line travel agent has on file our credit card numbers. When we call and arrange for a cruise, a deposit is charged to our card. We always check to see that the charge to our card is from Princess and not the travel agency. Then when the final payment date arrives, the balance is then added to the card. Again we verify the Princess debit.

There is a condition whereby you can place on deposit with Princess $100. towards any future cruise. This deposit must be made while you are aboard your current cruise. By so doing, that will be the only deposit needed to hold any future cruise. To reward you for doing this there is a financial gift given to you when you finally take that cruise. Once aboard any Princess ship ask the Purser's desk about this and they will direct you to the appropriate people who will explain the system to you.

There is a condition whereby you can place on deposit with Princess $100. towards any future cruise. This deposit must be made while you are aboard your current cruise. By so doing, that will be the only deposit needed to hold any future cruise. To reward you for doing this there is a financial gift given to you when you finally take that cruise. Once aboard any Princess ship ask the Purser's desk about this and they will direct you to the appropriate people who will explain the system to you.

The person to see is the Future Cruise Sales Consultant. The person's office hours will be listed in the Patter, the daily newsletter with a schedule of the day's events and activities.

[QUOT[]There is a condition whereby you can place on deposit with Princess $100. towards any future cruise. This deposit must be made while you are aboard your current cruise. By so doing, that will be the only deposit needed to hold any future cruise. To reward you for doing this there is a financial gift given to you when you finally take that cruise. Once aboard any Princess ship ask the Purser's desk about this and they will direct you to the appropriate people who will explain the system to you.[/color][/font][/color]

If you do a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) as stated in the quote and you plan on using a US TA, the FCC must be in US$.

A US TA may only book in US$, my Canadian TA was able to book in Canadian or US$. Check out the prices with Princess as sometimes their Canadian prices are at par with the US prices.

If you book through Princess then switch to a TA (US or Canadian) you have to fax over to Princess a letter stating that you want to transfer your booking #, ship name, sailing date, your names, travel agent name, their phone #, address. Once the TA has received the information from Princess the booking is in the TA hands.

I have switched from Princess, RCI, Carnival to a US TA with no problem. With RCI (has their own form) you only have 60 day after booking that you can transfer to a TA.

Ask the TA if there is a charge if you have to cancel a booking or a charge if they make any changes to your booking (ie; price reduction).

I'm a (relative) newbie - could someone please explain what the advantage is to switching a booking from Princess to a TA (or vice versa?).

Sometimes a TA will give you an Onboard Credit (OBC) $ that you can spend on everything onboard, it is like free money applied to your account onboard, or it could be bottle of wine, photo,tips, a cheaper cruise fare that Princess is quoting, sometimes they have a special for a reduced deposit.

Ask if the TA charges for cancellation of a cruise and if they charge for any changes to your booking that they make for you ie; if the price of the cruise is reduced and they contact Princess about the reduction and the TA makes any changes to your booking, some TA will charge for anything they do. to your booking.

If you book directly with Princess, Princess will talk to you. If through a TA, Princess will only talk to your TA.

Watch Princess website as doing a fake booking for any reduction on cruise fare, contact Princess or TA to see if the reduction applies to your booking.

Use a TA that does cruises.

[QUOT[]There is a condition whereby you can place on deposit with Princess $100. towards any future cruise. This deposit must be made while you are aboard your current cruise. By so doing, that will be the only deposit needed to hold any future cruise. To reward you for doing this there is a financial gift given to you when you finally take that cruise. Once aboard any Princess ship ask the Purser's desk about this and they will direct you to the appropriate people who will explain the system to you.[/color][/font][/color]

If you do a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) as stated in the quote and you plan on using a US TA, the FCC must be in US$.

A US TA may only book in US$, my Canadian TA was able to book in Canadian or US$. Check out the prices with Princess as sometimes their Canadian prices are at par with the US prices.

If you book through Princess then switch to a TA (US or Canadian) you have to fax over to Princess a letter stating that you want to transfer your booking #, ship name, sailing date, your names, travel agent name, their phone #, address. Once the TA has received the information from Princess the booking is in the TA hands.

I have switched from Princess, RCI, Carnival to a US TA with no problem. With RCI (has their own form) you only have 60 day after booking that you can transfer to a TA.

Ask the TA if there is a charge if you have to cancel a booking or a charge if they make any changes to your booking (ie; price reduction).

US TAs can book in either US or CDN $.

I'm a (relative) newbie - could someone please explain what the advantage is to switching a booking from Princess to a TA (or vice versa?).
Depending on the TA, you can save 10-20% over the Princess fare plus get an OBC and another perk such as a bottle of wine or coupon book.

Archived