What do you do with your dirty laundry?

Bailey & Sophie

We've been on the Summit, Millie, and looking forward to another Equinox. I never know where to put our dirty laundry. Where do you put yours?

Thanks!!

I use my luggage....I sail solo and that works for me:) But I also

use my Elite coupon for laundry so not nearly as much goes back

home dirty with me.

We've been on the Summit, Millie, and looking forward to another Equinox. I never know where to put our dirty laundry. Where do you put yours?

Thanks!!

In a plastic bag, a pillowcase, or emptied suitcase.

Then send to the ship laundry when they have a special.

DH enjoys the challenge of stuffing the laundry bag.

We use a pop up mesh laundry hamper. It folds flat in our suitcase and is easy to pop up and twist back to flat.

Pat

We got ours at the Dollar Store. Perfectly fits in the outside pocket of our large suitcase and reusable time after time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks!!

Do you really want to know where I put my dirty laundry? I'm just too embarrassed to tell you. If I was honest though I'd say Lois has it right although I would never admit to it:)

Phil

Thanks!!

Ours goes into the empty suitcase, And like someone has said, once the laundry offer comes around we wash it all...

Very rarely come home with dirty laundry .. It weighs too much!!!

Ever noticed your luggage weighs more on the way home ?

Thanks!!

Take it home - we are still washing ours. Throwing it over board was not an option ;);)

Ours goes into the empty suitcase, And like someone has said, once the laundry offer comes around we wash it all...

Very rarely come home with dirty laundry .. It weighs too much!!!

Ever noticed your luggage weighs more on the way home ?

Our luggage is always lighter, I tend to take some older shirts etc for my husband and older shoes for me and leave them behind lol. I am sure they find a good home x

Our luggage is always lighter, I tend to take some older shirts etc for my husband and older shoes for me and leave them behind lol. I am sure they find a good home x

Yes, ive done the very same thing... But some how things still feel heavier

Maybe some secret shopping done by DW.

Anyway, let's not go off topic

Elite status does have some perks of discounted and free laundry

On the M class ships we put the dirty laundry in the storage under the desk. On the S class ship we were on, it went in the overhead above the bed, then we sent it to the laundry since we just made elite when we were on The Silhouette. What a nice perk! Can't wait to go back on the Summit next September. The good clothes just got hung back up. :)

That's odd I generally take my most favorite clothes on vacation.

YVR! I'm so surprised that you would toss your laundry over the balcony rail like that! :o

I enjoy the challenge of stuffing the bag too, ClairetoCruise. As I replied to an earlier thread, we tote duct tape along to make sure the overstuffed bag holds together long enough to get to the laundry.

We use a pop-up hamper too--it fits perfectly in the bottom of a suitcase and is easier to access than a laundry bag. I do some hand washing, mostly because of exercise clothes, and send things out if absolutely necessary; usually it's not.

I have taken my old underwear and thrown them away as we go; now all I have is the nice ones, though!

For going home I bring a large trash bag to hold my dirty clothes as I can't stand putting them directly in the suitcase. I lay any clean clothes on the bottom, put the trash bag in the suitcase, dirty clothes in it. Works just fine.

I only do, or pay for, laundry on longer cruises.

Archived