What unusual thing do you look forward to on your RCCL cruise?

Daghis

I was talking about cruising with a friend of ours and I brought up something that I look forward to when I board a Royal Caribbean ship. For many people, it's the view of the ship getting larger as they proceed down the hallway or up the gangway, or perhaps it's the "ding" sound from the security station when you first scan your SeaPass card.

For me, it's the soap in the public restrooms... that blue liquid. For some reason, I've not seen soap in other places around home that has the same color, consistency, or smell, so that particular blue soap that Royal Caribbean uses always reminds me that I'm enjoying myself on a cruise vacation.

I guess there is one other, slightly less unusual thing I look forward to. After boarding, when the cabins become available, I enjoy walking into the cabin for the first time with the TV already on, showing the safety instructions. Seeing and hearing that information also reminds me that I'm there, on a ship, about to set sail for a wonderful vacation.

So, are there any other unusual things that you look forward to seeing or experiencing when you board?

I love when I hear that first "Welcome Aboard" from the staff!!

I live in Bradenton also. When is your next cruise? Mine is Oct 28th on Freedom.

My "unusual" thing I look forward to is the great service!!! I love when I say thank you tp a cruise personnel and get back a "my pleasure mame"!!!

I like the sea smell when you get up top on deck for the first time, though it's not just sea it's a certain ship smell.

Also the generic smell of the Main dining room for the first time. Don't know what it smells of but you would know you were in there if you were blindfolded!

I love the first glimpse of the ship from the plane or transport (bus, taxi, whatever). I also love the first steps as your enter the ship and she the grandeur of the hotel at sea that's mine for the next week...and the silence of NO CELL PHONES!!!!! Now that I think about it, I do believe the act of turning my cell phones off is the thing I look forward to the most! 31d22h36m!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Bradenton also. When is your next cruise? Mine is Oct 28th on Freedom.

My "unusual" thing I look forward to is the great service!!! I love when I say thank you tp a cruise personnel and get back a "my pleasure mame"!!!

We are going on the Freedom of the Seas Sept. 16.

Haven't cruised RCCL in awhile and frgot all about the "my pleasure" . That was a reply I only ever heard on RCCL and loved.

I second the smell of the Schooner bar.

I also love hearing the first "ding" when I get my picture taken for my SeaPass. That means it's on!

Something you didn't ask -- what do I least look forward to? Those carpets in the elevator telling me what day it is. :(

Ann

The most unusual thing I will look forward to on my next (2nd) cruise is how your very own special room fairy magically knows every time you step out and straightens up - clothing folded in neat piles, clean towels, and the bed is made up - like you never messed up a thing. How do they do that ??? :eek: (just kidding, I know how, and it is WONDERFUL !!! :D ) Oh, and the smell of sea air, most relaxing thing I know. :)

I don't actually look forward to this but, everytime I board the ship, after I have my Honey Stung chicken in the WJ, I go to the MDR to find my table and speak to the MD if I need to change it. The unusual thing that let's me know I'm definately cruising is the smell of the silverware polish that overwhelms the MDR.

I don't actually look forward to this but, everytime I board the ship, after I have my Honey Stung chicken in the WJ, I go to the MDR to find my table and speak to the MD if I need to change it. The unusual thing that let's me know I'm definately cruising is the smell of the silverware polish that overwhelms the MDR.

I very much like the very clean, orderly, and empty feel of the MDR immediately upon embarkation. Everything is ready, and the emptiness gives the feeling that the cruise is in its infancy stage.

Archived