What unusual thing do you look forward to on your RCCL cruise?

Daghis

I agree with a lot that has already been said.

1. I love walking the ship late into the night, usually to 12 or 1. There's something peaceful and serene about it.

2. I also get the BEST sleep while I'm on a cruise, so I'm counting down to that first night of sleep.

3. I love interacting with the staff and having them remember me.

Since I feel the Allure will be cultural shock for me, I'm sure I'll have many more unusual moments after this. This will be my friend's first time on Royal and I know the Allure is going to completely shock her. I can't wait to see the look on her face the first time we see the ship :D

I really enjoyed reading your special moments but struggled to recall my own...then it hit me! When we arrive at cruise terminal check in, staff smile at us and are helpful, unlike airports etc. The holiday really starts there. Also like getting on the ship firsttime, greeting from staff(sincere or not) and sailaway with first cocktail of the trip etc etc...

Best, not unusual for me is all the things I forgot about then realized! Walking into the Schooner Bar (oooh, that Schooner Bar smell, I forgot all about that!). The wooosh of the toilet the first flush (ooooh, I forgot all about that!) etc, etc!

The thing I hate the most....when you come back to your cabin the last evening and all the luggage is in the hallway. so sad :(

1) Sleep. Very lite sleeper so I get an inside cabin. So dark you can't see your hand infront of your face. LOVE IT!

2) Room service in the morning! I always order fruit,coffee, & juice so I can have that as I get ready for the day. EVEN better is when room service wakes me up & knowing I slept thru the night!

3) Meeting new people from around the world.

Awesome topic!

4. Pina Coladas (virgin) while watching the main shows. I don't care if I have to give up my man card - I love those!

Yes I hear ya, I enjoy the Strawberry Margaritas when I board. Foo Foo drink whatever. :D

The thing for me is the first photo opt just before you get your S&S card photo. That will most likely be the only photo I have taken but that one always tells me its cruise time.

And of course the first Margarita after boarding. :D

I dislike the hallways filled with luggage also, except for when we are on a b2b cruise, then I get a little giddy inside knowing everyone else is getting off but we get to go again!! :D

Worse than the luggage in the hallway is the night before when you come in late at night after a wonderful day and find those blasted "departure" information sitting on your bed. And you know it's there before you open the door and you just don't want to open that dang door!:(

One unusual thing we did on the Allure was to go to the On Air booth and make an e-postcard to send to people. It was free!

We had so much fun doing it because we had to stand in just the right place so that you could see the picture of the ship and still see us.

We kept moving around in the little booth and laughing like crazy.

Archived