What unusual thing do you look forward to on your RCCL cruise?

Daghis

Awesome topic!

Maybe not so unusual, but I look forward to:

1. Seeing the ship the first time as we approach the port to check in

2. The DING of the security check in

3. The brilliant deep blue sea, especially the contrast with the wake or bow waves

4. Pina Coladas (virgin) while watching the main shows. I don't care if I have to give up my man card - I love those!

For me, it's sitting down in the Windjammer with my over-full ;) plate for lunch. At that point, I just breathe a sigh of relief. Aaahhhh, I'm on vacation. 2 and a half weeks until I'll be breathing that sigh on Oasis :D!!! --Katie

YES YES same here September 29TH!!!!!!!!!!!B2B.

We love to go to the pool while docked in Jamaica!!!! We call it our sea day! Stay on the way less crowded ship have Lunch and enjoy the pools!

I can't believe no one has said this yet .... I love flushing the toilet for the first time hearing that waaaasuuuuup! ...Sound!!!! :D

I also love getting my first drink and sitting down watching the 1st timers come onto the ship, They have a certain look on their faces **PRICELESS**

Another thing that i love/hate is getting all our things put into their places in the cabin ..... That's when I can say "I'm on vacation"

I just love to hear that horn blow as we make our way into the channel!!

That means the vacation is underway and it is time for a Pina Colada!!

Oh no!:eek: I didn't know we were suppose to wait until the horn blew to have an "adult beverage". I've been doing it all wrong!!!:D

The most unusual thing I love is the "ding, ding ding" followed by "this is your captain speaking" :-) I love knowing that someone else is driving me around and I don't have to have a care in the world. I just wait for those announcements to tell me what the temp is, where I'm going, how long it's going to take to get there and of course the cruising speed:-)

1st thing - loading the luggage in the car - and heading toward the port.

2nd - First sight of Enchantment (Grandeur) ship at dock when we get to the port.

3rd - Schooner Bar - and our welcome aboard drink.

OK - ONLY the unusuals? ;)

The first time I get on the elevator and she says "GOING UP"

The first time a staffer calls me MRS SHAAARRRON with that lovely Caribbean lilt.

The sound of the blender making that first pinacolada.

Walking in the room and hearing that same old RCCL video playing.

And yeah - like someone else said, the crazy toilet sound!

I tend to walk around the ship really late (or early depending on what you consider 3AM). I love the feeling of having the whole big ship to myself. I also love the conversations I have with the crew who also happen to be walking around at that time (maintenance guys, bar tenders, whomever else).

But I think the most unusual thing I look forward to is trying to catch the crew changing the day of the week on the elevator floors. I feel like I caught someone doing something they shouldn't be doing. I have even changed the day of the week a few times.

I love walking the ship late at night as well. :)

When my last piece of luggage gets to my cabin! That's when I can unpack and the stresses are gone. I love making the cabin into my little home away from home, and knowing I have clothes to wear all week!

Also room service for breakfast out on the balcony... This usually means we are about to go on a great excursion!

18 days until Allure!

Love it all- from first site, to 'ding', to welcome back and my welcome aboard strawberry daquiri. But I LOVE it when my cabin steward cheerfully introduces him/her self. A blessed reminder that someone will be picking up after ME twice a day for a while.

The WORST- "Thank you, and come again"

We love sitting on the balcony and watching the last minute "runners" and shoppers if we are dock side. We are people watchers and people are just interesting! :p

I also love waving at everyone as we leave port, either on the docks or on the beaches! Everyone smiles when they see a cruise boat!! :D

I was talking about cruising with a friend of ours and I brought up something that I look forward to when I board a Royal Caribbean ship. For many people, it's the view of the ship getting larger as they proceed down the hallway or up the gangway, or perhaps it's the "ding" sound from the security station when you first scan your SeaPass card.

For me it's dancing with the Village People at 11:30 at night in the Promenade during 70s night - Ha ha!!:p

After leaving the Embarkation Desk with our Seapasses in hand and walking toward the sign that says “To Ship”.

I was going to say that exact thing! I try to get pictures of these signs when no one is looking. I use one of them for my screensaver at work the week before the cruise! I love those signs! That means I'm on my way!!!!

I am exactly the same way, I sleep like a baby on cruises. It's so wonderful! And, I can sleep anywhere on a ship...our private joke is when I tell my husband I am going on deck to find somewhere quiet to read and he says, have a nice nap!

I get my best sleep onboard the ship too! It's a great selling point when I'm trying to talk a friend into cruising.

.....the shhhCLICK! of your cabin door closing behind you for the first time and the envelope of silence and calm that envelopes one.... that sense of control and relaxation of being cut loose for 10 days ( 7 days really isn't enough now, is it?!?)

... people watching......

Another maybe unusual thing is that we always call our loved ones before sail away while spending our first minutes on the balcony to let them know that we are onboard and will soon have limited contact for he next 7 days. I think we consider ourselves 'officially' on vacation then.

HMmmmmm. Let's see.....

1. Seeing the ship come into view for the first time.

2. Dropping the luggage off and watching the porter put it on a truck.

3. Entering the terminal and receiving our Sea Pass

4. Looking and walking towards the sign with an arrow that says "To Ship"

5. Walking up the gangway to the ship

6. Smiling for my picture for my Sea Pass with the "Ping!"

7. Stepping into the lobby

The relief I feel that there is no more paper work to worry about and all of our belongings are on board. In just 2 1/2 weeks I get to relive these feelings again.

Not knowing what to expect, when you return to your cabin in the evening. Besides the variety of animals made from towels, we find that our attendant likes to have fun with the small stuffed animals that our son brings along.

Sometimes they are all snuggled in bed. Once, we found them "reading a book." Once, the towel monkey hanging from the Pullman berth had one slung over a shoulder.

For us, the most unusual thing we do when first getting on board...is having a meal in the Windjammer...because that is the only time on a cruise I will eat and enjoy myself there....the very first day...after that I avoid the place...

Archived