Ship over sold?

framer

I see my next cruise in three weeks is completly sold out. I'm local and my question is, should I contact prices to see if they need my cabin for a moveover? I think that's the term if they've over sold the ship.

framer

There a quite a few of us on all three of the cruises starting 10/20, who have not gotten cabins assignments yet. It's too soon for the good upgrades.

We had one moveover offer - and Princess called us about 5 days before the cruise. We were booked for an inside cabin on a northbound Voyage of the Glaciers cruise in Alaska. We were offered a mini-suite if we would switch ships and do the southbound instead - same week, which was great since I hadn't retired yet. Princess also handled the airline changes - so you don't necessarily have to live near the port city. Of course, we accepted the offer!:)

There still may be hope for some movement. I just recieved an e-mail from a friend doing the three cruises. She books suites but thought the prices were too high on this 4 day one so she booked an AE mini. She just got a call from her TA yesterday saying she was upgraded to a full suite. SWEET!! Now we can enjoy breakfast with them every morning.

There still may be hope for some movement. I just recieved an e-mail from a friend doing the three cruises. She books suites but thought the prices were too high on this 4 day one so she booked an AE mini. She just got a call from her TA yesterday saying she was upgraded to a full suite. SWEET!! Now we can enjoy breakfast with them every morning.

Very nice. I have the same inside cabin booked for both legs as a b2b and would prefer to stay in the same cabin. However, I would not be upset if the powers that be felt like just a small upgrade, even a window would be nice.

As for a move over, depending on the offer, I might be tempted by a move over offer, providing it was for both cruises. All of my money back, a free cruise and they take care of my airfare too? Now that would be sweet!

We are on the 10/31 Caribbean Princess sailing from Brooklyn. Based on the Roll-Call it seems to be quite a popular cruise.

Has anyone figured out how to determine if a ship is sold-out or over-sold? Travel Agents, Princess Home Page, Insider Knowledge? We would love to know for future planning.

We are on the 10/31 Caribbean Princess sailing from Brooklyn. Based on the Roll-Call it seems to be quite a popular cruise.

Has anyone figured out how to determine if a ship is sold-out or over-sold? Travel Agents, Princess Home Page, Insider Knowledge? We would love to know for future planning.

Go to the Princess site and bring up the cruise you want. Do a fake (I hate that word) booking and it will show you what is available. You can also check a few other site like expedia.

We received a move over offer in August on a southbound Alaska cruise the day before the ship was to sail. I was actually just packing when we got the phone call. They offered us an upgrade from balcony to penthouse suite, $1,000 OBC, money for changing our flights and also reimbursement for any nonrefundable private excursions if we would cruise the following week. We are local with flexible jobs and were able to take the offer :)

As someone else pointed out, just wait and hope they contact you with a good offer. Good luck!

Go to the Princess site and bring up the cruise you want. Do a fake (I hate that word) booking and it will show you what is available. You can also check a few other site like expedia.

"Sold out" is easy to see as when you look at pricing (not even trying to see a specific category) it will say if all cabins in a category (balcony, inside, etc) are sold out.

"Over sold" can not be determined at all. There will be no indication other than the ship is sold out in all categories and that does not mean it was over sold.

We received a move over offer in August on a southbound Alaska cruise the day before the ship was to sail. I was actually just packing when we got the phone call. They offered us an upgrade from balcony to penthouse suite, $1,000 OBC, money for changing our flights and also reimbursement for any nonrefundable private excursions if we would cruise the following week. We are local with flexible jobs and were able to take the offer :)

As someone else pointed out, just wait and hope they contact you with a good offer. Good luck!

Was this OBC refundable? My priority was for refunds. :)

Was this OBC refundable? My priority was for refunds. :)

It was - we already had some generous OBC's from our TA and Princess. I was told we would receive a cheque 4-6 weeks after sail date. When we tried to embark the ship at the end we were told we had to go to the front desk. They gave us what was left in our OBC's in cash :D

A couple at our table was offered to change to a 10 cruise leaving the same day as our 7 day cruise...upgrade from balcony to suite...and $1800 OBC.

They turned it down as they were traveling w/ another couple:eek::eek: (who were VERY odd by the way...it was like redneck Fred in his plaid shirt AND plaid tie, who griped about EVERYTHING married a Hooters waitress 20 years ago...and the couple offered the upgrade were absolutely lovely)

We were traveling with another couple--we all looked at each other & said we would have said "HAVE A GOOD TIME!!"

We received a moveover offer the day before our first Princess cruise. We were in the lowest category (inside, of course) and we were offered a full refund plus an upgrade to a balcony if we postponed our cruise for a few weeks.

We actually had flexible schedules and were driving to the port (probably one reason we were offered it), but we still turned it down for many reasons, including that we actually had gotten a friends and family discount (the three of us got the cabin for about the cost for one passenger's fare in that category!) and weren't interested in a balcony cabin when we had an active 5-yr-old.

I'm sure someone took them up on that offer.;)

I think the computer searches on some criteria (such as cabin desired and possibly those close to the port), so it's probably not something you can volunteer for.

I think the computer searches on some criteria (such as cabin desired and possibly those close to the port)' date=' so it's probably not something you can volunteer for.[/quote']

They do target specific cabin types. On one occasion I was offered a move over but my friends were not as they were only looking for balcony cabins and they had an outside cabin.

They don't seem to care where you live though. I live in Nebraska and have been offered move over offers on almost 50% of my cruises.

Archived