Ship over sold?

framer

I see my next cruise in three weeks is completly sold out. I'm local and my question is, should I contact prices to see if they need my cabin for a moveover? I think that's the term if they've over sold the ship.

framer

I see my next cruise in three weeks is completly sold out. I'm local and my question is, should I contact prices to see if they need my cabin for a moveover? I think that's the term if they've over sold the ship.

framer

They should notice that you are local and you would probably be the first to call...however just because a ship appears to be "sold out" does not necessarily mean that it is. There can be cabins held for certain other purposes. I was tracking another sailing and it appeared nearly sold out about 2 weeks out and then suddenly, several categories that had always been sold out opened up.

Long story short, if princess needs you to move, they will call you.

framer

Much like the upgrade fairy, they will contact you if necessary. 3 weeks out may still be too soon. If you contact them and they are not desperate, the offer might not be good. :)

We are also on that cruise and I usually check daily on my cruises. For the past monthg, one day they are sold out and the next day, there are cabins available. Just like on the 20th cruise. Yesterday sold out - today, the same group of cabins is available.

Don't you want to go on the cruise?

I don't know what they would offer you for a move over since this is only a four day cruise and the ship is repositioning to Florida. I don't believe they are doing this next year.

In 78 cruises, I gave up a cabin twice, for a later free cruise. Last time was 5/6 years ago.

I don't know what they would offer you for a move over since this is only a four day cruise and the ship is repositioning to Florida. I don't believe they are doing this next year.

I know someone who accepted a move over on a 4 night coastal for a 7 night Caribbean cruise. It can happen.

I know someone who accepted a move over on a 4 night coastal for a 7 night Caribbean cruise. It can happen.

I am on the 10/20 sailing and also the 10/27 4 day. I would happily give up my 10/27 4 day for a free ride on the 10/31 repo cruise. I'd just hang out in NYC for 4 days. :D I think the 4-day may be oversold too. I still don't have a cabin assignment.

A few years back we were booked on a Tahitian cruise. They called us the night I was packing which was 2 days before the cruise. They must have been way overbooked because they promised us the same cruise with a major upgrade and moneyback 3 weeks later. At the time my hubby and I were both working, it was snowing out and cold and I was already packed and in tropical mode. We didn't take it, but if one were offered to us now with us both being retired we could!

That was a great deal if you don't have to work. I've never been offered one. I guess I need to move to a port city.

That was a great deal if you don't have to work. I've never been offered one. I guess I need to move to a port city.

I live in Nebraska and have been offered move over offers quite a bit but have yet to take them up on it. I always have FF miles booked or am going over a holiday and would need to take more time off to go at a later date, etc... So yes, that work thing gets in the way a lot of times.

Not sure but they loved the upgrade. They are retired so no problems with switching.

I would love it too. I've only had two offers. One was just a 7 day carib and wasn't worth the bother and the other was when we had a B2B out of the country and the offer was only for cruise #1. Definitely couldn't do that one.

That cruise had to have been majorly oversold.

That is a common move over offer - air change fees and the next cabin category (balcony to mini suite, mini suite to suite). That is at least my experience. Now when they are very desperate - they will do this and refund all of your money.

both of my move overs, were 4-6 days ahead. I was in an inside cabin, one trip was Alaska, on Princess, the other, Med. on NCL. All money was completely refunded and a free cruise was given.

I have no problem moving my time off around and don't need air reservations.

I also got a free cruise due to a Carnival Spirit 9/12/01 booking, that wasn't a happy experience.

So, there are no standards, and no, I never even suggested I was interested prior. I was called. These cruises were also booked with basic cruise discounters, who give nothing more than valid tickets.

framer

Have you joined our roll call?????

I am on the 10/20 sailing and also the 10/27 4 day. I would happily give up my 10/27 4 day for a free ride on the 10/31 repo cruise. I'd just hang out in NYC for 4 days. :D I think the 4-day may be oversold too. I still don't have a cabin assignment.

Still not assignment Pam? Hoping that they get someone with PS to switch to a later cruise for you:) Personally, if Princess called and asked us to switch or pay us to cancel, I wouldn't budge. This is our first cruise and a nice "trial" to see if we enjoy the lifestyle, and it's supposedly our minimoon but may just become our honeymoon.

A couple of years ago I was quite sick. On Thursday morning before our Saturday 4-day around-the-sound cruise, my doctor called me and told me that I really shouldn't go on the cruise. I was heartbroken.

About 10 minutes later, our travel agent called and said, "Hey your cruise this coming weekend is way over-sold and Princess wants to know if you would change for a one-week cruise to Alaska later in the summer, with and upgrade to a balcony and $150 OBC each?"

I just said, "Thank you, thank you Jesus". :)

Sometimes things just work out. The doctor, btw, was so right. When we went to Alaska a month or so later, I was still so weak that I couldn't walk into town in Skagway, which is a pretty short walk, but I did have a relaxing, refreshing time on the ship.

A couple of years ago I was quite sick. On Thursday morning before our Saturday 4-day around-the-sound cruise, my doctor called me and told me that I really shouldn't go on the cruise. I was heartbroken.

About 10 minutes later, our travel agent called and said, "Hey your cruise this coming weekend is way over-sold and Princess wants to know if you would change for a one-week cruise to Alaska later in the summer, with and upgrade to a balcony and $150 OBC each?"

I just said, "Thank you, thank you Jesus". :)

Sometimes things just work out. The doctor, btw, was so right. When we went to Alaska a month or so later, I was still so weak that I couldn't walk into town in Skagway, which is a pretty short walk, but I did have a relaxing, refreshing time on the ship.

Kismet!:)

I've received one move-over offer from Princess. It came too late to consider--we were already home from it by the time I saw the email. We were in an inside cabin on that cruise, so there is a chance to receive an offer even from an inside cabin. We would have received a balcony cabin on a future cruise plus a refund of our cruise fare and generous onboard credit if we had taken the offer.

Archived