So many changes!

Working 2 Cruise

Princess has been making so many changes in the last few days... (could be longer, but this is when I learned of some of them).

1. Princess's lenient policy to wine and spirits brought onboard is no more! RIP! I did enjoy smuggling a bottle of alcohol in my luggage, but now, after reading my contract, there will be two luggage inspections, one of which on CCTV... Only one bottle of wine per person is allowed now, which is really in keeping with other cruiselines, and will increase revenue for Princess.

2. FCC's are now valid for 2 years instead of 4, which I have no problem with. I always book a cruise with my FCC's shortly after I disembark anyway; (thank you Vickie) and

3. New menus, offerings and menu format (thank you Pam). I will have to wait and see for myself and withhold judgment until my next cruise.

Did I forget anything?

Princess has been making so many changes in the last few days... (could be longer, but this is when I learned of some of them).

1. Princess's lenient policy to wine and spirits brought onboard is no more! RIP! I did enjoy smuggling a bottle of alcohol in my luggage, but now, after reading my contract, there will be two luggage inspections, one of which on CCTV... Only one bottle of wine per person is allowed now, which is really in keeping with other cruiselines, and will increase revenue for Princess.

2. FCC's are now valid for 2 years instead of 4, which I have no problem with. I always book a cruise with my FCC's shortly after I disembark anyway; (thank you Vickie) and

3. New menus, offerings and menu format (thank you Pam). I will have to wait and see for myself and withhold judgment until my next cruise.

Did I forget anything?

FCC's are now valid for 2 years instead of 4

can you provide some information where it says about the FCC only being 2 years and not 4

Did I forget anything?

Smoking policy

Shows now shorter

New categories of cabins

New OBCs with the FCC

more.....??

The new policies seem fine to me. The new wine policy does not affect me. I have never carried on heavy bottles of wine and never will. They could ban alcohol onboard and it would not affect me. The change in the FCCs to 2 years is fine too. Four years was unnecessary. We keep 2 FCCs banked and cruise about twice per year so we are using them within 12 months. The menu change is nothing new. Princess has always periodically changed its menu. I welcome the change. It would be awfully dull if they never changed the menu.

Two years is long enough to hang onto FCC's...
I disagree. We book cruises the day they open, usually 18-21 months prior to cruising. Unless we've been on a cruise in the prior 3 months, the new FCC rules render them useless to us.

Princess opens its schedules over two years in advance sometimes (Caribbean). How does one book over two years in the future using an FCC?

I disagree. We book cruises the day they open, usually 18-21 months prior to cruising. Unless we've been on a cruise in the prior 3 months, the new FCC rules render them useless to us.

Princess opens its schedules over two years in advance sometimes (Caribbean). How does one book over two years in the future using an FCC?

I should have said "for most people" it would be sufficient... I really enjoyed following your blog on your 100 days on the Emerald and was extremely jealous! Your blog was wonderful. Thank you for doing that.

On your next cruise, perhaps you can talk to the Captain Circle Host and see what can be done in cases like yours?

On your next cruise, perhaps you can talk to the Captain Circle Host and see what can be done in cases like yours?

The Captain's Circle host must follow policy.

The time to comment on this change to management is now.

I should have said "for most people" it would be sufficient... I really enjoyed following your blog on your 100 days on the Emerald and was extremely jealous! Your blog was wonderful. Thank you for doing that.

Most people who cruise do not cruise every year! Many people on CC do and possibly several times per year but for the most part, many people are lucky if they can cruise once every 3 years. Some people are tied to 2 weeks vacation and if they have to use some of that for family reunions, college searches, high school graduations for relatives out of town, weddings, etc....

If you ask most people on a ship how often they cruise, the average is probably not every year or every two years. Also, many people are not tied to one cruise line. Remember the people on the Princess board are not average Princess cruisers.

I feel bad as Princess put a carrot out there for benefits and it may take 10 years for some to reach the Platinum (or elite) benefits and then to have the benefits greatly reduced by the time they reach the level. Pretty sad.

We're the same. Most times I would have a hard time using them in two years. I have two that expire early 2014 and at this point can't see using them so there's no hope for me with only 2 years. Thank goodness I bought more last month that expire in 2016.

have internet minutes left on this voyage so I thought I would check the main Princess board. Should clear up some things

Yes it is a fact about on board future cruise credit purchases only now being good for one year. But if you have assigned those credits to a future sailing - Jeannie this should be good for you - they stay active. So if you bought a credit today and in one year (Oct 2013) you put on a cruise for Jan 2015 it is going to stay there. It is only applicable if you bought your credit now and Oct 2014 comes and you have done nothing with that credit. Then it would be credited back to you.

Re wine - we boarded in Vancouver with three bottles of wine, in San Francisco we brought four bottles from Sonoma region (thanks my Sonoma friends for buying for us). Then after finding out that the wine card would not be on this voyage because no sommolier (sorry on spelling) we bought four more bottles in Catalina. We had no problem bringing the wine on. We have brought bottles to the dining room, gladly pay the corkage, and have also enjoyed wine in our cabin, and at vines again would gladly pay corkage but they didn't charge us in Vines. Also we have bought wine a few times from the wine list.

Re menus, yes they have changed. No longer are the alternate every day items on their own on the left they are mixed with the rest of the menu. But there are some items missing that have been staples but new items have been added. Being a regular cruiser I am happy to see some new items on the menu and have enjoyed them. Yesterday I had a lovely apple soup with grape tempura yup that is what I said grape tempura. Lovely.

Watch my live thread because next sailing there will be something new again but won't post till it happens.

Remember everyone sometimes change is hard but it is necessary and sometimes it works out great. Keep an open mind.

Well have to get out of this cabin rehersal is starting and well it is very LOUD in my cabin! Praying they can move us next sailing.

According to Vickie's latest comment, they have to be applied to a cruise within 2 years, not used for a cruise that is completed within 2 years. That's doable...providing you cruise at least every 2 years.

we must of been posting at the same time.... glad you saw my latest post

According to Vickie's latest comment, they have to be applied to a cruise within 2 years, not used for a cruise that is completed within 2 years. That's doable...providing you cruise at least every 2 years.

We will have to see the wording on the forms once October 13 arrives.

Wording on the current form (small print) is: "The deposit should be applied to a booking that sails within four years from date of issue." So even the current wording does not say the cruise must be completed, but it must sail within that period.

The new wording may simply change the "four" to "two" which would mean it would have to set sail within two years.

we must of been posting at the same time.... glad you saw my latest post

Thanks Vickie. I was a spectator at a football practice this evening...plenty of time to stay current for two hours there. And it's definitely good news if it's 2 years to book, not 2 years to sail. That works for us.

Thanks Vickie. I was a spectator at a football practice this evening...plenty of time to stay current for two hours there. And it's definitely good news if it's 2 years to book, not 2 years to sail. That works for us.

Current wording on the ones that expire in four years says it must sail (but not complete the cruise) within the four year period. If all they do is change the word "four" to "two", it will be 2 years to actually embark and set sail.

1. Princess's lenient policy to wine and spirits brought onboard is no more! RIP! I did enjoy smuggling a bottle of alcohol in my luggage, but now, after reading my contract, there will be two luggage inspections, one of which on CCTV...

So you're unhappy that it's harder to smuggle? You're unhappy Princess will enforce the rules?

Archived