Woman sentenced for cruise ship bomb hoax

CtheW0rld

One of the things I love about being a psychologist is that people never cease to amaze me. :) In thirty plus years of practice I've hardly had a week go by that I haven't seen or heard of some behavior that amazed me. Heck, just a couple of months ago one of my old staff was arrested for trying to get a contract hit to kill her husband! :eek: Of course my wife calls it my "List of Weird People" as I went to school with and knew Ted Bundy, worked with Linda Tripp and Mona Lewinsky, and a few other assorted personalities. :)

One of the things I love about being a psychologist is that people never cease to amaze me. :) In thirty plus years of practice I've hardly had a week go by that I haven't seen or heard of some behavior that amazed me. Heck, just a couple of months ago one of my old staff was arrested for trying to get a contract hit to kill her husband! :eek: Of course my wife calls it my "List of Weird People" as I went to school with and knew Ted Bundy, worked with Linda Tripp and Mona Lewinsky, and a few other assorted personalities. :)

Randy, You have to be one of the most interesting Tablemates.

What a 'cast of characters'...... whew, some real memorable personalities. :eek:

You have to high on the list of most wanted cocktail party guests. :D

In whatever way the punish a falst alarm bomb caller, isn't harsh enough IMO

You have inspired me, thank you for sharing your med cruise with us. Having been to some of the places you toured brought back so many happy memories.:)

You have quite a talent..

Thanks for the kind words. Most of the credit goes to Mrs. K, she's the keeper, editor, publisher, etc., etc., of our web page. Pretty much all I do is go on the cruises, take lots of pictures, and give passing assistance with the content of our web page. In keeping with the subject of the thread she's never called in a bomb threat and IS NOT on my list of weird people I've known. :)

That is some list right there!!

Randy, You have to be one of the most interesting Tablemates.

What a 'cast of characters'...... whew, some real memorable personalities. :eek:

You have to high on the list of most wanted cocktail party guests. :D

In whatever way the punish a falst alarm bomb caller, isn't harsh enough IMO

I can't say my life has been boring. :) On top of weird people I've known or met I was living in Washington state 60 miles from Mount St Helens when it blew almost shattering my kitchen window while I was having breakfast, was working in an Army hospital in Germany when the Chernobyl nuclear reactor blew and changed all our radiation badges to warning color, and was working in the Pentagon on 9/11. My wife jokingly wonders why she married me with all the disasters I've experienced and weird characters I've known over my life. :D You got to laugh. Kind of speaks to one of our mottos which is "If not now, when?".

I can't say my life has been boring. :) On top of weird people I've known or met I was living in Washington state 60 miles from Mount St Helens when it blew almost shattering my kitchen window while I was having breakfast, was working in an Army hospital in Germany when the Chernobyl nuclear reactor blew and changed all our radiation badges to warning color, and was working in the Pentagon on 9/11. My wife jokingly wonders why she married me with all the disasters I've experienced and weird characters I've known over my life. :D You got to laugh. Kind of speaks to one of our mottos which is "If not now, when?".

Whew...... you are testing the safety zone, one could say. That is way too many close calls for anyone to experience.

WE here are VERY happy you have safely manuevered your way through that obstacle course of shocking events.

Take good care of that angel sitting on your shoulder. :cool:

STAY SAFE !!!!

And you are right....... If not now, when?

A year at Club Fed is just a hand slap.

She obviously will end up there being a Florida resident and non violent. Hardly punishment.

Where is Club Fed?

Our Son's father-in-law worked for a Construction Company which built a Prison up in the Middle of Fla...He took the family over to see it, while it was almost completed but still under construction... Can't remember where it was though..It could have been in Starke, but don't know if that's a Federal prison or a State prison..Everything was made out of steel, even the bathrooms & beds..It looked quite harsh & daunting to the family..Agree this woman did a stupid thing but being locked up for a year does not sound like a hand slap..She sounds pathetic & sad like a woman scorned..

We constantly read about criminals still walking the streets in some areas who commit murder & they all seem to get out early to keep committing more felonies..They are the ones who should be locked up in prison & have the key thrown away..JMO..

Wonder if the Judge gave her some kind of probation too..

Betty

Yikes it sounds like a tv show!

Did a bunch of posts get disappeared from this thread? Or am I going crazy, remembering reading things that aren't there...?

I don't think you're crazy; I read those posts last night. I suspect the one that started the fuss was deleted by the moderator, and then the responses had to be deleted, too.

Did a bunch of posts get disappeared from this thread? Or am I going crazy, remembering reading things that aren't there...?

I read those posts this morning and didn't have time to respond. Too late now. I'm glad they're gone.

I was on this cruise with my daughter. It was a short Mother's Day get away. We were woken in the middle of the night by the ship's crew going up and down the hallways checking every cabin. It was alarming, before fully coming to my senses I thought they were there to tell me that there was an emergency at home with DH or DS. Once I realized what was going on it was hardly a bother, just took a few seconds and my daughter remained sleeping. I felt bad for the crew, it must have taken them some time to check every cabin and sort out the details, probably made for a short night for many of them. Glad to see the person is being held responsible for their actions.

Indeed the very derogatory post is gone - thank heavens for small blessings:D

PLEASE, don't move next door to me. Or on my street. Or to my town. Heck, don't even move to New England!

Where is Club Fed?

It is located at an Air Force Base in Florida. Inmates live in dorms and are confined to a certain area of the Base.

Non violent and minimum security inmates are sent there. It was featured on 60 Minutes some years ago.

We were familiar with a Fort Lauderdale businessman (TD) convicted of tax evasion that spent time there.

Everyone knows if it's on the internet it has to be true.

Haven't you seen that TV commercial?

:) We aren't required to believe everything that we read. When someone makes a claim, ask for sources (too often it is that "I was told by someone who I can't name", or "I read it on a website"). But most often the truth does come through (at least that's what my mother told me :)) Cheers, -S

Archived