Move Over Notification

Emerald31

Just got off work and was checking my email and I received a move over offer from Princess for our upcoming cruise on Ruby for October 28th. Offered $500 obc, upgrade to balcony for my inside and up to a $150 change fee for my airfare. Don't think I will be able to accept due to my work schedule. Not sure what dates are available for the move over. 1st time I have ever received a offer.

Just got off work and was checking my email and I received a move over offer from Princess for our upcoming cruise on Ruby for October 28th. Offered $500 obc, upgrade to balcony for my inside and up to a $150 change fee for my airfare. Don't think I will be able to accept due to my work schedule. Not sure what dates are available for the move over. 1st time I have ever received a offer.

That is not a horrible offer... I hope you can work it out!:)

I'd wait that offer out if it were my decision to make. They took very good care of us with a moveover offer a few years ago. Wait a little longer and the deals will get better closer to the sailing date.

Or they will just offer it to someone else.

I'd wait that offer out if it were my decision to make. They took very good care of us with a moveover offer a few years ago. Wait a little longer and the deals will get better closer to the sailing date.

Move over offers normally come with a very short accept/reject window. The one we accepted gave us less than 4 hours to make our decision - most of which time was taken by TA calling my wife, she calling me at work, me talking urgently with manager, calling wife, calling TA, investigating alternative cruise opportunity, and accepting before the deadline.

The deals might get better, but unless you have already expressed a willingness to consider the move-over back to Princess, those offers will go to someone else.

Don't hold your breath for a better offer, they just call the next person on the list.

They haven't singled you out for any specific reason, a computer pulled a list of folks booked into inside cabins as they are the most easily tempted by a move over/upgrade offer.

You hesitate and it's on to the next guy...........:)

That is a very good move over offer.

We accepted one just like it several years ago.

You do have to act immediatly as Princess will just move on

with emails/phone , until they get the volunters that they need (and they will with the offer described).

If interested you maybe able to negotiate a better offer but as someone has said....they are contacting the whole category and as soon as their need is filled the deal is off the table. We had one in the last 6 weeks that disappeared in a matter of a couple of hours.

I called Princess to see what dates are available, and currently waiting for a call back from them. Wish I could just tell them I will accept the move over offer, unfortunately with my job getting time off is like going into battle. If Princess has contacted the next person I am ok with it, I will still have a marvelous cruise.

I called Princess to see what dates are available, and currently waiting for a call back from them. Wish I could just tell them I will accept the move over offer, unfortunately with my job getting time off is like going into battle. If Princess has contacted the next person I am ok with it, I will still have a marvelous cruise.

Good luck making it all work in your favor. Either way, you have a wonderful attitude about it!:)

We received a move offer today , the deal was an amazing one , but as we are due to go on our cruise next Monday and the excitement is mounting we reluctantly turned it down , its something new to us and we can't come up with a reason why these offers are made we would really like someone to enlighten us . :)

We received a move offer today , the deal was an amazing one , but as we are due to go on our cruise next Monday and the excitement is mounting we reluctantly turned it down , its something new to us and we can't come up with a reason why these offers are made we would really like someone to enlighten us . :)

Hello,

Would you like to share the details of your move over offer? What ship are you sailing on? what is the itinerary? what cat. stateroom are you in? etc.?

Cheers!

Tom ........../

Hello,

Would you like to share the details of your move over offer? What ship are you sailing on? what is the itinerary? what cat. stateroom are you in? etc.?

Cheers!

Tom ........../

We sail on the Grand from Southampton on Monday Canaries and maderia , outside cabin , offer was 50% off a future cruise , OBC , up grade to a balcony and a full refund , but i still don't know why they need to offer this ?:)

but i still don't know why they need to offer this ?:)

They had at least one GTY booking they needed to make an assignment for.

GTY means the person will be on the ship, so Princess resorts to bribery to find a cabin for the GTY.

Sooner or later someone will accept the offer or will accept an improved offer.

I have had friends get amazing move over offers...but I get so excited counting down to my cruises I couldn't bear not to go. Friends did when move overs became necessary on the Diamond and as they had already made hotel and air bookings they came to Singapore and jumped on a last minute offer on another ship..so they ended up with going cruising at a bargain basement price as well as a free upgraded cruise with Princess..:)

Sue

Best move over offer I ever heard of was to good friends on Cunard. Original booking was on QE2 from San Francisco to Sydney as a portion of 2007 world cruise. They were going for their 40th anniversary and had been booked for 18 months. Four days before the cruise (bags packed and at the door) they received a call. The guy negotiated a fantastic deal for the next year. Queen Victoria maiden world cruise2008 New York to Sydney instead of San Francisco to Sydney, which was 42 days instead of 26. Upgrade from inside cabin to second highest balcony category. The full amount of their original purchase was given as onboard credit. Any OBC that wasn't used would be refunded at the end of the cruise. The guy agreed to final deal and told them he would wait on the phone for a fax with the deal in writing. Then he accepted. They were really living the high life on that cruise with all the onboard credit and really great cabin. :)

Don't hold your breath for a better offer, they just call the next person on the list.

They haven't singled you out for any specific reason, a computer pulled a list of folks booked into inside cabins as they are the most easily tempted by a move over/upgrade offer.

You hesitate and it's on to the next guy...........:)

Actually - they target the category/type (insides in this case) that is overbooked. I have had move over offers in mini suites before.

On one situation, I had 3 different offers on the same trip. Not enough people took the offer so it kept getting better.

I haven't heard of a move over offer??

This is to move you to another date?

It is like when the airlines oversell a flight...they make an offer to entice people to move to another sailing date. We were able to take advantage of one a few years ago on a Med. Cruise and it was the best deal we have ever had!! But, in our case we are retired, were traveling alone on that trip and had done our air through Princess. Alot of factors go into whether you cAn do it or not, and as others have said the window for accepting the offer is usually quite short.

Hi, I'm the OP. Updating everyone on what happened. Princess did call me back and the response was the Ruby sailing for October 28th is slightly oversold. They offered me half my cruise fare as obc and if any obc is left it would be refunded. Up to $150 to help with airfare and any date of my choice after November 25th thru April 2013. Checking with my job but it isn't looking like they will give me any leeway.

Hi, I'm the OP. Updating everyone on what happened. Princess did call me back and the response was the Ruby sailing for October 28th is slightly oversold. They offered me half my cruise fare as obc and if any obc is left it would be refunded. Up to $150 to help with airfare and any date of my choice after November 25th thru April 2013. Checking with my job but it isn't looking like they will give me any leeway.

Bummer that you have a tight employer. My upcoming cruise is fully booked. I don't know what we'd do if offered a change. My wife's job may be crazy in a few months so it might be pretty hard to change. I think her employer would go for it but my wife is pretty conscientious about not making extra work for other people. I have a major project coming up but my guess is that, being a state agency, it won't happen on time. It was supposed to happen in December but the last I heard it was maybe going to be in February. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen until March or even April.

I'd LOVE to save a bundle and get an upgrade but changing plans can be pretty hard to do sometimes. Perhaps it would be best if we weren't offered the chance.

Archived