Holy Land

dave_k63

Yes, several lines offer them. They are usually part of the Mediterranean cruise season and you may have to look under the category of Med cruises to find them. It's not an itinerary that is offered week-in and week-out though; generally they're done a few times a year.

The unsettled conditions in Egypt and on occasion in Israel have certainly posed problems over the last couple of years though. There've been a number of cruises that struck Egypt from the itinerary due to unrest in that country.

I did one itinerary on a Holland America cruise in the fall of 2010. Other lines that offer Holy Land cruises are Princess, Celebrity, NCL, and (I think) Royal Caribbean. Plus any number of smaller or luxury lines.

We have done Holy Land Cruises on a number of cruise lines over the years including, Crystal, Princess, HollandAmerica, Celebrity, Cunard and will be going on another one on NCL in April of 2013. Check out Mediterranean itineraries to find what you want.

We did an amazing Israel/Egypt cruise a number of years ago. Right ow, that region is a little volatile and specific ports of call could be cancelled. It's not possible to predict where problems might arise more than a few days prior. We would love to do a cruise to that region again, and I do hope the political climate will make it more conducive to traveling there.

I would recommend for a cruise like this visiting the respective cruise lines own web sites and looking up these itineraries.

Many lines offer these cruises but some have made adjustments and have eliminated Egypt.

Some offer two stops in Israel with one overnight as well and I would try to find a cruise that includes this if possible.

Keith

Archived