Prayers for the East Coast

welshcorgie

Prayers are surely appreciated. I am more inland than directly on the coast. I am in the Blizzard/Winter Storm Warning. Right now I have about ten inches of snow on the picnic table on my back patio with winds howling. Praying we do not loose power. We have a medium size generator if we do loose power. Just saw on a web site that our county has almost 1500 customers without power.

Even with the snow and winds, we are much better than what I am seeing of the people up and down the East Coast with all the flooding. Homes destroyed on the North Carolina coast. I heard that already ten people have been killed. The captain of the US Bounty is still lost at sea. Yes, we do need to continue to pray!

We live in Delaware...and made it through a pretty rough night with terrible winds and torrential rain. We were right in the center of her path...thankfully, no lost power and no down trees in our neighborhood.

Thank you for keeping those in Sandy's path in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm in Annapolis, MD and we lost power at about 6:00pm last night and it just now came back on. Our downtown Annapolis area is under quite a bit of water right now and it may even get worse later today as the tide rises :(

Other than that, all is good here and I'm eagerly counting down my 102 days until we set sail out of Ft Lauderdale on the Ruby!

Blessings to all who are dealing with the storm issues. I've contacted family and friends in the storm area (I'm originally a Broookly girl!) and have had good reports back although no power most places. This is a hugh burden to so many and gives us such a perspective of being gratful for so much good in our lives.

DH and I are dealing with health challenges but hoping still to be able to board on our next cruise (celebrating a major birthday and annniversary) Nov 20th. But even if we don't get to cruise we have each other and new opportunities will unfold.

Same for the "orphans of the storm," new opportunities will unfold, so take it one day at a time. :) m--

Hi All

We have almost 24hr coverage on TV with live feeds from a range of locations, sure has been some storm,

being with out power for many days is never fun, but add in cold wet weather, flooding etc

a lot of people are going to have differcult days ahead

Atlantic city looks more like Alantis

yours Shogun

Thanks everyone. We are in Connecticut with no power, trees (many) down on the roads and wires all over the place. Neighbor has a tree through their roof into the living room. Another neighbor had his new car crushed by a tree. However, we are Blessed to be safe and alive. Many many homes are lost by floods or fire. Our prayers go out to them.

Archived