Embarcation time

foto451

If you want to see Miami, you may want to try and do something a day or two before the cruise or stay in Miami after the cruise. It will be kind of hard to do much sightseeing on the day of embarkment. You have to be checked in and onboard 2hrs prior to the sailaway time. If you fill out your documents properly online, some cruiselines may let you squeeze on 90 minutes prior.

You don't want to cut it TOO close because you do want to allow for time in case of something goes wrong such as traffic, flat tire...etc

Another thing to remember is that you have already paid for that first day of the cruise. The sooner you can get on, the sooner you can enjoy some of the amenities, food...etc...that you have already paid for.

Have fun!

Boarding day IS the 1st day of the cruise you've paid for....get there and USE that ship! 11am is not too early to arrive at port.

Miami (IMO) isn't worth wasting time to see, if you'll miss time on the ship.

The Epic IS EPIC! (sailed twice)

We always arrive at the port at 11:00, boarding is pretty fast and smooth at this time

Board early, pack some swimwear etc in your carry-on, have lunch, then enjoy the pools and the ship while waiting for your cabin

Miami is a HUGE touristy city......you will be visiting many pristine & beaches on your cruise. Also, anything you do besides getting to the port will probably have you stressed out and watching the clock.

If you still want to tour Miami, check the boards here on CC for some ideas

Have a GREAT Cruise!

Just downloaded my edocs, for my first cruise... Embarkation at 12PM. And not more than one hour earlier, it says. But how much later can I be? I would like to see as much of Miami as possible before embarkation.

you MUST be on board 90 minutes before scheduled departure( and to be safe.. make it 2-3 hours)

I think you are making a good choice to ditch Miami in favor of getting on the ship earlier. The above posters are right about there really not being much worth it in Miami unless you want to enjoy the poshness of South Beach or head off for a day tour of the Everglades.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting on ship early, arriving at the port around 11 a.m. That way I can kick back and relax ALL afternoon. And there's great people watching if you get settled in at the begining. :-) I find the busiest times to board at between 12-1:30 and the lines can be really long.

I'm not in Haven, no. Quite the other side of town as it were: The Solo Cabins area.

Going in little over three weeks now. (24rd of Nov). And it will be warm and sunny. Unlike the present chilly climate I live in. Can't wait. 😎

I'm not in Haven, no. Quite the other side of town as it were: The Solo Cabins area.

Going in little over three weeks now. (24rd of Nov). And it will be warm and sunny. Unlike the present chilly climate I live in. Can't wait.

Have a great Cruise! The solo cabin area is really nice on the Epic!

Archived