Summer 2014 Itineraries

I wish they could issue a preview of itineraries a few weeks before so you can compare with other cruise lines at the same time as they release theres, and then just make them available to book at the end of April.

Agree, they could release details with a 'book from' date, other cruise lines do.

I wish they could issue a preview of itineraries a few weeks before so you can compare with other cruise lines at the same time as they release theres, and then just make them available to book at the end of April.
Just opened an email from B******r Cruise Club for Princess Cruises 2014, available 14th March, but you can pre-register now and there then follows a list of cruises with itineraries, prices etc.

How about it Thomson?:confused::D

It does look as though initially 2014 was going to be a year of change, and an exciting one at that. However, with the IE looking as though it is now sticking around, and the changes that Sailaway has mentioned, its looking more and more like business as usual. Its looking increasingly likely now that Century will be staying with Celebrity, although we should get some firmer news on that soon, and there have been no updates on the future of the HAL ships that were becoming surplus to requirements. I wonder if a slowdown in new builds has meant that Thomson can't get the hardware they would need to move forward as early as they hoped.

I might even build up enough courage to try a fly cruise to the med on say Norwegian Epic (120+ single cabins)

After going on Ocean Village, I make a point of not going on ships with big pictures on the side :D:D

Have you seen the new one? :eek::eek:

b7z4t1.jpg

After going on Ocean Village, I make a point of not going on ships with big pictures on the side :D:D

Have you seen the new one? :eek::eek:

b7z4t1.jpg

And the inside decor is similarly eye catching on the NCL ship we went on! Imagine fuschia, turquoise, royal blue, sunflower yellow, lime green, orange and purple - all in the same room. You have the idea!

speaking as someone who takes their fashion inspiration from Jimmy Mallet....I quite like it:eek::D

:D:D

Reminds me of playschool - give a four-year old free rein to be a designer for a day! (i.e. use every colour imaginable - on every available surface!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: )

And the inside decor is similarly eye catching on the NCL ship we went on! Imagine fuschia, turquoise, royal blue, sunflower yellow, lime green, orange and purple - all in the same room. You have the idea!

Not exactly a relaxing holiday then? :eek::eek:

It does look as though initially 2014 was going to be a year of change, and an exciting one at that. However, with the IE looking as though it is now sticking around, and the changes that Sailaway has mentioned, its looking more and more like business as usual. Its looking increasingly likely now that Century will be staying with Celebrity, although we should get some firmer news on that soon, and there have been no updates on the future of the HAL ships that were becoming surplus to requirements. I wonder if a slowdown in new builds has meant that Thomson can't get the hardware they would need to move forward as early as they hoped.

I agree Grez. I guessed that probably there wouldn't be any new ships for next year, later confirmed when Dream was put in Palma as I would think a newer, larger ship would have used there as a home port, but I did hope for some changes like the ships swapping etc. However, now it seems like next summer will just be the same as this one.

There was the mention of Black Sea Odyssey returning. I just hope this hasn't been scrapped too. Perhaps, with leases running out, it will be 2015 the year of some changes - hopefully! :eek:

Send in Thomson's designer. I'm sure they'd be able to add a good splash of beige about the place. ;)

speaking as someone who takes their fashion inspiration from Jimmy Mallet....I quite like it:eek::D

Just had a look at a few vidios, its fab inside and love the prom deck with all the different bars down the side but crikey id have nightmares if i was going on it. Way too big for me but my grown up kids would both love it so its nice theres something for everyone...;)

Mind you i would be more than a tad embarrassed to be seen getting on it , whats wrong with a plain hull, looks a real dogs dinner to me but then what do i know , they make billions already so must know their market :)

Palma's schedule has now been updated with Dream being added for Jun-Aug. Majesty still listed at the moment, but the new sailings for Dream are identical to that of Majesty's, so I expect them to go soon. A shame as I was rather looking forward to doing the Aegean and Adriatic on Dream. :(

Palma's schedule has now been updated with Dream being added for Jun-Aug. Majesty still listed at the moment, but the new sailings for Dream are identical to that of Majesty's, so I expect them to go soon. A shame as I was rather looking forward to doing the Aegean and Adriatic on Dream. :(

I think it's time the itineraries had a good shake up.

Not looking forward to the new brochure quite so much now.........I can just read this years.:rolleyes::(.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that Thomson's main package holiday launch will be Thu, 25 April. I'd expect Thomson Cruises to go on sale on the same day, or perhaps, like last year, the day before. No word yet though on if ex-UK itineraries will be earlier.

For now, here's a round up of how summer 2014 is looking:

Thomson Dream

May - Oct: Departures from Palma on Saturday's. Including stops in Gibraltar, Villefranche, Cartagena, Barcelona and Olbia.

Thomson Majesty

May - Oct: NOT CONFIRMED Departures from Corfu Town on Friday's.

Thomson Celebration

May - Oct: NOT CONFIRMED Departures from Marmaris on Monday's.

Thomson Spirit

May: Departures from Liverpool. Including a stop in Dublin.

Jun - Sep: NOT CONFIRMED Departures from Newcastle and Harwich. Including stops in Flam, Bergen and Amsterdam.

Oct: NOT CONFIRMED Eastern Med?

Island Escape

Apr - Oct: Departures from Palma on Tuesday's. Including stops in Bastia, Cannes and Gibraltar.

So, if all the above is correct, a rather boring year with not many surprises. I'm hoping for some new ports and different itineraries, perhaps bringing back Black Sea Odyssey.

Just read that Thomson's main package holiday launch will be Thu, 25 April. I'd expect Thomson Cruises to go on sale on the same day, or perhaps, like last year, the day before. No word yet though on if ex-UK itineraries will be earlier.

For now, here's a round up of how summer 2014 is looking:

Thomson Dream

May - Oct: Departures from Palma on Saturday's. Including stops in Gibraltar, Villefranche, Cartagena, Barcelona and Olbia.

Thomson Majesty

May - Oct: NOT CONFIRMED Departures from Corfu Town on Friday's.

Thomson Celebration

May - Oct: NOT CONFIRMED Departures from Marmaris on Monday's.

Thomson Spirit

May: Departures from Liverpool. Including a stop in Dublin.

Jun - Sep: NOT CONFIRMED Departures from Newcastle and Harwich. Including stops in Flam, Bergen and Amsterdam.

Oct: NOT CONFIRMED Eastern Med?

Island Escape

Apr - Oct: Departures from Palma on Tuesday's. Including stops in Bastia, Cannes and Gibraltar.

So, if all the above is correct, a rather boring year with not many surprises. I'm hoping for some new ports and different itineraries, perhaps bringing back Black Sea Odyssey.

Me too Sailaway. I'm so disappointed this year at the lack of a 13/14-nighters to Iceland or the North Cape from Harwich - we did the Baltics last year so want a change. (We would have considered going to Newcastle if Leger coach transfers were on offer in the deep south!) I'm reluctant to admit - I've jumped ship! :o Booked for Iceland with P&O! :rolleyes: At least we'll get a glimpse of Spirit in Flam. Just hope 2014 has a little more variety to tempt us.

The BSO is one I'm especially looking out for as I can't see the point of doing one-weekers here and having to track back to Marmaris every week as you get insufficient time to do enough Black Sea ports. There's got to be enough of interest for a two-weeker in the Black Sea I would have thought -Sochi/Sevastopol/Yalta/Odessa/Nessebar/Constanta (not always good reports of this one) but still plenty to make up a decent itinerary (plus some other good stops I've never heard of!). With the attraction of an overnight in Istanbul and another stop on the way up/down to Marmaris this would make an exciting itinerary imo. I do undrstand Thomson want to offer one week options to link with the cruise and stay market but a few 14-night Black Sea options I think would be popular for anyone wanting something a bit different and new.

Don't worry about jumping ship. My 14 night baltic cruise on P&O Arcadia this May is overall a whopping £4 FOUR! more expensive than the 12 night equivalent on Spirit. I get a nice quiet inside 4 decks above the promenade deck as well :D

Black Sea Odyssey from either Corfu or Marmaris would be ideal, but maybe Marmaris might be the better option, as I think the three itineraries they have from Corfu this year are quite strong ones. Maybe replace a few of th Egypt & the Holy Land itineraries for next year with the Black Sea as I doubt there will be as much demand for Egypt at the moment.

I did notice when pricing up Crimean Discovery for 10 June that most cabins seem to have been taken! Only offering me Deck 3/4 inside/outside or deck 1/2 outside. It was like that in January! Considering that is 5 months before the actual cruise and these are the only cabins they have left, I'd say it has most definitely sold very well this year! Perhaps they were just trialling this area out this year to see if demand is still there. Judging by this, I think they should definitely be increasing the Black Sea programme next year! :D

Black Sea Odyssey from either Corfu or Marmaris would be ideal, but maybe Marmaris might be the better option, as I think the three itineraries they have from Corfu this year are quite strong ones. Maybe replace a few of th Egypt & the Holy Land itineraries for next year with the Black Sea as I doubt there will be as much demand for Egypt at the moment.

I did notice when pricing up Crimean Discovery for 10 June that most cabins seem to have been taken! Only offering me Deck 3/4 inside/outside or deck 1/2 outside. It was like that in January! Considering that is 5 months before the actual cruise and these are the only cabins they have left, I'd say it has most definitely sold very well this year! Perhaps they were just trialling this area out this year to see if demand is still there. Judging by this, I think they should definitely be increasing the Black Sea programme next year! :D

Good analysis Sailaway. I agree they would do well to consider their options regarding the Holy Land itineraries - at least the number of them they are doing.

There appears to be quite a lot of them this year and not so many of the other permutation for a b-2-b (the Crimean one and the other Istanbul one). This means you go to Istanbul for one day in each week too - not ideal. I'm more than happy with two days in Istanbul but much better to have them both in the same week so you get an overnight there. It's a wonderful city for an evening stop.

From what you are saying about availability, hopefully they will increase the number of departures for popular itineraries next year - especially the BSO!

Good analysis Sailaway. I agree they would do well to consider their options regarding the Holy Land itineraries - at least the number of them they are doing.

There appears to be quite a lot of them this year and not so many of the other permutation for a b-2-b (the Crimean one and the other Istanbul one). This means you go to Istanbul for one day in each week too - not ideal. I'm more than happy with two days in Istanbul but much better to have them both in the same week so you get an overnight there. It's a wonderful city for an evening stop.

From what you are saying about availability, hopefully they will increase the number of departures for popular itineraries next year - especially the BSO!

We booked our Black Sea B2B on the day they went on sale - I have kept a bit of an eye on it since & there have been no 4 berths left now for a long time & not many other cabins around. I can't see why in the peak summer season that they did an Egypt B2B - I should imagine going in August will be unbearable heat in Egypt???

It is a bit strange that they do Istanbul twice ( which is what we are doing) but we loved it there last year so will spend 1 day in the City & 1 day on the Princes Islands.

It would be nice to do a 14 day cruise without the B2B, I must admit - gives them much more scope although whether they would fill up quite so easily, I don't know - whenever we have done them, there has been a lot of switching passengers on changeover day - although I guess a lot of them may have already have been on 1 week or new arrivals staying 2 weeks of course! I would think logistically it would be a lot easier for Thomson to do a 14 nighter although it would leave flight seats emptier on the 'middle week' as it where!!!!

Ooops, watch out Thomson ;)

P&O Ventura will be based in the med next summer offering 7 and 14 day fly cruises from regional airports

She will be based in Savona and Venice and there are overnights in Venice.

Welcome back Ocean Village, sort of :D:D

Ooops, watch out Thomson ;)

P&O Ventura will be based in the med next summer offering 7 and 14 day fly cruises from regional airports

She will be based in Savona and Venice and there are overnights in Venice.

Welcome back Ocean Village, sort of :D:D

How do you know that Dave? I can't find anything for 2014 yet (or do you mean this year?) :confused::confused:

How do you know that Dave? I can't find anything for 2014 yet (or do you mean this year?) :confused::confused:

Reported on the P&O forum and on the replacement P&O forum which i can't tell you the address of

Also details on a couple of sites showing dates and basic pricing

One something to do with eskimos and the other cricket balls and overs ;)

wonder how long this post will last :eek:

Reported on the P&O forum and on the replacement P&O forum which i can't tell you the address of

Also details on a couple of sites showing dates and basic pricing

One something to do with eskimos and the other cricket balls and overs ;)

wonder how long this post will last :eek:

I think it will last a while as I've not got a clue which websites you are referring too. :D

Overnight in Venice! Would love Thomson to do that, even if for a few Adriatic cruises they dropped the stop in Koper so they could do it.

Archived