Summer 2014 Itineraries

I'm guessing it would be something to do with Spirit's last sailings with Thomson (if it isn't renewed anyway). Perhaps some special cruises for the last month or something? :confused:

I would think these are the last changes now before April, as it is usually about now (well was past couple of years) when they email staff details about next summer. Time to do a bit more exploring... :rolleyes:

But don't forget the 'missing' itineraries to Thessaloniki and Skiathos in between the April and September brochures! :eek::eek: (I've never forgiven them for that! :D:D )

What happened kruz, missing itineraries? ?? Can't remember about that .

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Oh about three years ago we booked on Celebration to do a b-2-b (probably from Marmaris) as soon as the brochure came out in April for the following May on account of one of the itineraries including Thessaloniki and Skiathos - both islands we hadn't visited and wanted to see.

We were on another trip in September and my friend emailed me to ask if our cruise had changed as she'd just picked up the new brochure and couldn't find it! I just assumed she'd got confused about what we had booked.

Anyway when I got home and looked on the Internet I discovered the week which included Skiathos and Thessaloniki had three ports out of five changed and those two had disappeared altogether! :eek::eek: Discounting the base port day that represented 3 out of five ports different from the itinerary I booked! 60%! And what made it worse the changed itinerary meant we were going to the same port twice in week 1 and then again in week 2 and to add insult to injury they had included Dikili which must be one of the all-time worst ports we've ever been to! :(

Anyway we were so disappointed as that had been the main reason for booking that holiday that we cancelled and put the deposit towards a repositioning cruise - a different cruise altogether although of course we did lose our AI which we'd got for booking the original one early.

It worked out quite well as being a relocation it was a lot cheaper and we did enjoy the trip - but I'm still disappointed at missing those Greek islands I'd set my heart on.

But I never did understand why there should have been such a radical change between editions of the brochure.

Who'd planned/booked the original one - how had they got it so wrong?

Why wasn't it viable such that it had to be rehashed to such an extent?

Why hasn't Skiathos or Thessaloniki ever reappeared on any Thomson itineraries since?

And to have a friend email me to let me know compounded how frustrated/annoyed I felt. Thomson had known long enough to send the revised itinerary to the printers so why hadn't passengers been informed? And there was some question about whether it was a 'substantial change' and whether we could get our deposit back! I never even questioned that - I wasn't even prepared to pay for the admin charge!!!!!! After all I would have been happy to go on the cruise I'd booked - but the one they were offering bore very little resemblance to it.

I wasn't a happy bunny - but as you know I've obviously gotten over it and I'm only occasionally reminded of it and remember how cross I was!

Ooh Kruzseeka, you are usually so calm, but I bet you are quite scarey when you are angry :D As long as you don't turn green and burst out of your clothes though :eek: (showing my age!) :D

You bet! :D I try to see things from both sides, give anyone the benefit of the doubt and am generally a very conciliatory kind of person and try to be measured in my response when things go awry. But injustice, unfairness and lack of consideration (like failing to inform you of a major change to your holiday) really riles me! That's just not right! Anyway enough - I'll have to book another cruise if I go on like this to calm me down!! :D:D

Oh crumbs if it wasn't so upsetting it would have been funny to think they hadn't even told you before the new brochure came out I would have been steaming! :eek::eek::eek:

They should have honoured the all inc under the circumstances.

I would have loved that itinerary too. Such a shame it's never been repeated (and sailed ! !)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Just checked Amsterdam schedules and Thomson Spirit is now listed for 2014. Definitely Spirit back then for ex-UK, now time to see where Celebration has gone, back to Marmaris?

That will be because I thought I was going to go on the newly refurbished ship :mad:.

Hi it's the first time I have seen this particular thread - I am so impressed with you guys - you should start up your own detective agency :)

When will we know for certain what's happening? I was told by the TA onboard Celebration last week the brochures would be coming out during April - any idea when?

Thanks

Rachael

Hi it's the first time I have seen this particular thread - I am so impressed with you guys - you should start up your own detective agency :)

When will we know for certain what's happening? I was told by the TA onboard Celebration last week the brochures would be coming out during April - any idea when?

Thanks

Rachael

Usually they are released on the last Thursday of April, with the ex-UK itineraries being released a couple of weeks before.

There's a couple of members on here that work for Thomson who have in the previous years posted the itineraries around the end of February, but I don't know whether they will be uploaded them this time or not.

More schedules changing. Thomson Dream is now listed in Gibraltar for June and July meaning the swap with Majesty for Jun-Aug doesn't look like it will be happening. :(

I was hoping to do the Adriatic on Dream. None of the other schedules have changed yet, but we will know for sure if the Palma schedules change.

Will also mean the special repositional cruises that we thought were going to happen with various durations won't be happening. Looks like 2014 will be pretty much the same as this year then - hopefully there might be some special 14 night cruises or something, otherwise it looks like there won't be many changes at all.

More schedules changing. Thomson Dream is now listed in Gibraltar for June and July meaning the swap with Majesty for Jun-Aug doesn't look like it will be happening. :(

I was hoping to do the Adriatic on Dream. None of the other schedules have changed yet, but we will know for sure if the Palma schedules change.

Do you think they are just trying to wind you up. :rolleyes::mad:.

I wondered about this one - they would have had to have ironed out all the Greek Union issues associated with Celebration being based in Corfu in 2009. That's why the Louis Managed Spirit was put in there the following year. Although of course the situation may be different now - but interestingly neither Celebration or Dream have been there since.

I do wonder happy v, as almost everything that I originally have put in the thread has now changed! :mad: :D

Perhaps they have a counter-intelligence department Sailaway!:eek::eek: Although we heard from a reliable source that Celebration was planned to be sailing ex-UK in 2014 so there must have been some foundation for that - just makes you wonder why it keeps changing! :confused:

TA told us last week that Spirit is going but doesn't know yet what the replacement will be.

This TA has been known to get things wrong in the past :rolleyes: so I am not taking this as certain atm.

I would think that TA's info is ofter more gossip than fact ;)

What is irritating is that it takes about 3 months to get all the info for the cruise lines before you can start planning the summer cruises.

I might do a Thomson Cruise next year (Celebration is doing the Canaries next winter so i have booked with P&O - hard luck Thomson). The said cruise might be Majesty in the Adriatic IF the price is right. No £500 more expensive nonsense like Dream v Oceana this summer. My ex UK cruise will probably be an american line to try them. I might even build up enough courage to try a fly cruise to the med on say Norwegian Epic (120+ single cabins)

I wondered about this one - they would have had to have ironed out all the Greek Union issues associated with Celebration being based in Corfu in 2009. That's why the Louis Managed Spirit was put in there the following year. Although of course the situation may be different now - but interestingly neither Celebration or Dream have been there since.

Perhaps they have a counter-intelligence department Sailaway!:eek::eek: Although we heard from a reliable source that Celebration was planned to be sailing ex-UK in 2014 so there must have been some foundation for that - just makes you wonder why it keeps changing! :confused:

I wondered how they were getting around the Greek unions - perhaps they decided it was too difficult to do. Celebration was definitely doing ex-UK (well last week it was anyway :rolleyes:). It's still listed on most schedules, but Spirit has started to replace it. I have a feeling it might have something to do with Spirit leaving after next year? :confused: Perhaps some special cruises are planned in October when usually ex-UK finishes.

TA told us last week that Spirit is going but doesn't know yet what the replacement will be.

This TA has been known to get things wrong in the past :rolleyes: so I am not taking this as certain atm.

I think that it might have been going, but it looks like it will probably do one more year. Whether they will market it as its final year when the itineraries come out in April. I think the TA get the itineraries about now for next summer, so whether they have been told that 2014 is its final year.

I would think that TA's info is ofter more gossip than fact ;)

What is irritating is that it takes about 3 months to get all the info for the cruise lines before you can start planning the summer cruises.

I might do a Thomson Cruise next year (Celebration is doing the Canaries next winter so i have booked with P&O - hard luck Thomson). The said cruise might be Majesty in the Adriatic IF the price is right. No £500 more expensive nonsense like Dream v Oceana this summer. My ex UK cruise will probably be an american line to try them. I might even build up enough courage to try a fly cruise to the med on say Norwegian Epic (120+ single cabins)

I wish they could issue a preview of itineraries a few weeks before so you can compare with other cruise lines at the same time as they release theres, and then just make them available to book at the end of April.

Archived