Did you sign up to be a member of the captains Club and if you have when did you?

A Sixth?

Did you sign up to be a member of the captains Club and if you have when did you?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Did you sign up to be a member of the captains Club and if you have when did you?

• Have not sailed yet but probably won't bother joining the Captains Club
    • Have not sailed yet and will plan on joining the Captains Club
    • Joined the Captains Club after my 1st cruise with Celebrity
    • Joined the Captains Club after my 2nd cruise with Celebrity
    • Joined the Captains Club after my 3rd cruise with Celebrity
    • Joined the Captains Club after my 4th cruise with Celebrity
    • Joined the Captains Club after my 5th cruise with Celebrity
    • Joined the Captains Club after my 6th or more cruise with Celebrity
    • I will NEVER join the Captains Club

All the posts on the " You Are Elite. That's Nice. I Am a Regular Person." thread got me thinking... does everyone sign up for the Captains Club or is it too bourgeois or just of too few benefits?

Here's a poll (another hot button issue eh :p)

Pick just one as it applys

All the posts on the " You Are Elite. That's Nice. I Am a Regular Person." thread got me thinking... does everyone sign up for the Captains Club or is it too bourgeois or just of too few benefits?

Here's a poll (another hot button issue eh :p)

Pick just one as it applys

If you are Diamond on Royal, when you sign up for a Celebrity cruise you automatically get their Elite status.

Royal's benefits are very good but you really get a big surprise when you get Celebritys.

I am not sure that I agree it should be that way. It does create a lot of Elite on Celebrity to deal with but that is the way it is.

I find it strange that it does not work the other way around. I do not think Elite on Celebrity gets you anything if you are new to Royal.

If you are Diamond on Royal, when you sign up for a Celebrity cruise you automatically get their Elite status.

Royal's benefits are very good but you really get a big surprise when you get Celebritys.

I am not sure that I agree it should be that way. It does create a lot of Elite on Celebrity to deal with but that is the way it is.

I find it strange that it does not work the other way around. I do not think Elite on Celebrity gets you anything if you are new to Royal.

The concession does work in reverse. If you are Elite on Celebrity, you automatically get Diamond status on Royal.

We signed up to join Captain's Club while we were on our first Celebrity cruise - the loyalty ambassador helped us to do it and our membership was credited once we had finished that first cruise.

Actually I intentionally left that off, I want to know about the Captains Club application not transfer benefits..... it's about signing up!

I assume that even though you get your Royal benefits of Celebrity you still signed up to the Captains club right? I signed up for Royal's loyalty program. While you get benefits, your tier status is scored separately by how many points you have on each brand.

Maybe you could start a "have you used Royal/Celebrity status on the other's ship?" poll?

I think you'd be a fool not to join. Unless you just have so much money that you don't care, but then you probably do care about status. The extras you get even at the 1st cruise level are worth the price of admission (these days especially).

We joined as soon as they would let us and we love the benefits that Celebrity provides to loyal return cruisers. It saves us plenty on each cruise and keeps us coming back.

Tom

We joined in 93 and of course paid the $35 fee to join. It is interesting that when Cruise Critic started one of the most controversial subjects at the time was why Celebrity charged to join their frequent cruisers club. These discussions were as heated as smoking or dress debates.

Also of note was that for the $35.00 your entire family could join as long as they had been on a Celebrity cruise. I still have my childrens original Captains Clubs from when they were 6 and 8. It was interesting that years later, I needed to update the records after daughter turned 18 and the Captains Club rep on phone told me that kids were never allowed to join the Captains Club. She was a bit confused after I gave them my daughters number. Of course now you can't join until you are 18 but to all the parents out there who are cruising with their kids, keep the records as they will give your children credit for all cruises before they become adults.

We joined after our second cruise with X, & I really regret waiting, because we never did get credit for that first cruise, I think I did pay to join at the time, I've got the old membership card still... Apparently something happened way back when with Celebrity's records & they have no record of our first cruise.

The first cruise that we received credit for was a 9 or 10 nighter in CC, but they didn't start giving the extra point until later, so we only received one point for that... so far we've got a total of of 43 nights, all except 9 in CC or above, but we're still only select... next cruise is 13 nights in AQ, & we'll still be a point away after that... with 56 nights on board :eek: so, by the time we make it to elite, we'll have earned it! Kind of tough to know there are people with as little as 10 nights who get the benefits, but them's the breaks :) I'm pretty lucky to get to cruise, so I'm not going to complain... even though I just kind of did!

:D This is shaping up to being the dullest poll on CC ever...:p

To the one person of 38 who signed up on their second cruise, did you get credit for two cruises? :confused:

That was me, no we did not... see my post above. Dumb decision on my part to save the $35 bucks at the time!

I joined when you had to PAY to join. Celebrity returned the fee as a OBC when they converted it to a free program. Wonder how many would join now if they had to pay?

We paid too and so did our friends but we never did use the OBC. Did like the Choice Air benefit when we did our first Hawaii to Vancouver cruise.

Sue

You left out an important option in your poll. I never had to do anything to join the Captain's Club. I was enrolled automatically after my first cruise on Celebrity.

Emil:

How are you, good to see you on the board. How did you make out with the storm, I have a friend in Denville who still doesn't have power.

You left out an important option in your poll. I never had to do anything to join the Captain's Club. I was enrolled automatically after my first cruise on Celebrity.

That's news to me... you'd still at least have to register some info to make the Cptn Club kick in no?

from https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/enrollment/myCelebrityRegLogin.do

Captain's Club Enrollment

Your Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club is a richly rewarding recognition program that's centered on one thing - making you the center of our attention. You'll quickly discover that the more you sail, the more rewarding your experience becomes. To access your members-only pages and exclusive offers, login is required.

To access exclusive Captain's Club pages, you'll need to create a My Celebrity account. Your username and password will be used to access everything Celebrity has to offer online, including booking a cruise, an exotic shore excursion, or scheduling a rejuvenating hot stone massage. Just follow the steps below to create an account or log in if you already have

We also paid and joined in 1993. There were no extra credits until about 2001..

I also don't know of anyone who was automatically enrolled. Maybe the TA did it.

Our first CC cabin was in May, 2003 I believe, it was one of the very first cruises where the bigger cabins on the M class had been converted to CC. I don't think they started giving the extra point until the next year.

Archived