How to buy stock in carnival

rockyman935

It looks like 100 shares for $1000 is soon to be. It's hard to see how low this stock can go.  How much cash on hand do they have available to do a buyback?  If the pandemic continues unabated, there may be many months of no cruises at all.  If that happens, how long can they stay solvent?   

Amaturecruiser said (post 180 above) :

"What if there is no bottom for share price for the the cruise ship industry?"

There is always a bottom.  Share price cannot fall below $0.

You pays your money and takes your chances.

•  

Happy Camper Alert....we just bought a piece of the pie. We are pleased with our price, it might go lower, but we are fine with our decision. Especially since we were going to buy some a year ago at 65/share.  Half price is a bargain!!  Now I just need to learn how to get the OBC for our May and June cruise!! Thank you to everyone for the input!!

On 12/5/2012 at 5:37 PM, yogimax said:

That's nice, but folks need to know that prices can and will go down.

November 2007 - Carnival trades at $47

February 2009 - only 15 months later - Carnival trades at $18

That's a $2900 loss in 15 months on 100 shares and you would still not be even today!

Bottom line.... as someone else has said, if you don't know how to buy stocks... don't. Learn what you are doing first!

Not trying to be argumentative, but that is only a loss if you sell your stock. Stock goes up and down. Buy what you believe in and hold for long term gain. Also get the benefits.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Kicking myself right now. Purchased 200 shares last week at 27. Today I see it's at 23. Oh well. Shoot, might buy another 100 at this price.

Bummer it just fell below $22.00 and still dropping. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lowroller said:

Bummer it just fell below $22.00 and still dropping. 

Well...we just bought CCL our very first purchase, stumbled through the process but we did it! Hopefully we'll get to see some benefits from it in the future 🙂

56 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Still sailing in April?

Absolutely yes.  More OBC is always nice!  We are flying in the morning of which we've only done one other time so I'm hoping the flight goes smooth and the ship is there; you tell them I want on!

• Haha 1

I have never bought stocks before and considering getting 100 shares of CCL.  So, I just opened up an Ameritrade Account.  I opened the account jointly with DH.  Was this a mistake. If I buy 100 shares of CCL in the joint account - will we still get the OBC or does all the stock have to be in 1 persons name.  Just not sure how to proceed - leave as is or open individual accounts.  

3 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

I have never bought stocks before and considering getting 100 shares of CCL.  So, I just opened up an Ameritrade Account.  I opened the account jointly with DH.  Was this a mistake. If I buy 100 shares of CCL in the joint account - will we still get the OBC or does all the stock have to be in 1 persons name.  Just not sure how to proceed - leave as is or open individual accounts.  

Only one of you can get OBC on a sailing.  Being joint is fine.

8 minutes ago, PaulMedik said:

Only one of you can get OBC on a sailing.  Being joint is fine.

Thanks.  So, if I were to take a cruise without DH would I still get OBC or would it show that I only "technically" own 50 shares as it is joint?

3 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Thanks.  So, if I were to take a cruise without DH would I still get OBC or would it show that I only "technically" own 50 shares as it is joint?

You would still get OBC because you own 100 shares.  At one time my wife and I owned CCL in a joint account and I owned CCL in a separate account and we were booked in separate cabins; we got OBC for each cabin.

8 minutes ago, PaulMedik said:

You would still get OBC because you own 100 shares.  At one time my wife and I owned CCL in a joint account and I owned CCL in a separate account and we were booked in separate cabins; we got OBC for each cabin.

Great. Thank You.

21 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Leave as is. And congrats on buying 100 shares. I believe that the OBC goes to your cabin number. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. 

Edited by Joe817

I just bought 100 shares too and I’m already losing money😂.

That’s ok, I’m in it for the long haul and I have complete faith that this too shall pass and the cruise industry as well as the whole economy will be back very soon and as strong as ever🇺🇸

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:22 AM, amatuercruiser said:

When the bottom dropped out several years ago and so many including myself lost a lot. Carnival and Royal stock plummeted. I bought and I am so happy that I did. One thing to keep in mind. There is no vacation that you can get for the dollar you spend to compare to a cruise. With Carnival having I think 250 ships on order. Cruise on.

1 hour ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

I have to wait until Thursday for the funds to transfer to my E Trade account. I hope and prays it stays this low until then! I don't know the transfer will take so long, but I don't see any other way around it... 

I did my transfer ($3000) from our U.S. Bank Savings account this morning directly to E*Trade (brand new account) and it took about 15 seconds. You should double check. I thought I would have to wait as well, but boom, and it was there.

Edited by SDPadreFan

3 hours ago, LynnTH said:

joint is better if you ever sail without the other. you are limited to one shareholder credit per room. if you ever sail with 2 cabins, you can own 200 shares and each get the credit in your room. they would probably give you each the credit with other 100 shares, but that is not the intent of the program.

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

When the bottom dropped out several years ago and so many including myself lost a lot. Carnival and Royal stock plummeted. I bought and I am so happy that I did. One thing to keep in mind. There is no vacation that you can get for the dollar you spend to compare to a cruise. With Carnival having I think 250 ships on order. Cruise on.

I have seen you quote this 250 ships before, I dont think that can be right. the whole Carnival Corp umbrella has about 100 ships currently. there is no way they would commit to 250 more ships...

2 hours ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

I have to wait until Thursday for the funds to transfer to my E Trade account. I hope and prays it stays this low until then! I don't know the transfer will take so long, but I don't see any other way around it... 

that 3 days might save you money. or it might not, but either swing will not be material in the long run.