Our Fantastical Journey: Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/December 8th, 2012 sailing

All4fun&fun4all

GAME ON!!!! My roach really wants to party with penguin!!!! :)

Seriously - if you plan anything coming up, tag me or something - we really enjoy partying... um cruising! with fun people like us! :D

Friend me on the social networking site that we arent allowed to mention. My name is Nancy and we like to party. :p

Friend me on the social networking site that we arent allowed to mention. My name is Nancy and we like to party. :p

I'm feeling quite challenged (or maybe that's the few beers I've had speaking instead of me!) on how the heck to do that - or how to even send you a PM on here! :) ~Jennifer~

Edited by willow028
You found me! Removed email addy!

I'm feeling quite challenged (or maybe that's the few beers I've had speaking instead of me!) on how the heck to do that - or how to even send you a PM on here! :) My email is willowrose028@gmail.com and that might just connect to that social networking site that can not be named :) ~Jennifer~

found youuuu!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have started so many times but cold fruity drinks get in the way.:p The Fantasy is my favorite ship, so easy to get around which makes it easier to make friends. I will return to her again in 3 cruises but for now I am concentrating on the Valor in February. Hope to meet you one day on a sailing!!

Enjoyed seeing the photos and reading your review. Can you tell me more about Music Degree? Where do they play, what kind of music and how often? I am sailing on Fantasy this week (1/4/13) and am sailing with 23 people. Mostly young adults ;)

tbbl,Hello I'm not Nancy my name is Pink. I was on this cruise with her and really enjoyed it. I love the band Music Degree. They play just about anything from the 60's thru 80's for sure. They play alot of Pink Floyd for me. You will love them. I don't think they play any Justin Bebileber:eek: but they might. Great group of guys. When you see them tell them Dave AKA Pinkfloydfan said hello. Enjoy them while they are onboard as rumor has them leaving at the late Jan Drydock. PS have them play "Freebird" for you :cool: Pink

The fantasy is my all time favorite ship. Though I really love the cove balcony on the dream class. The fantasy is like an old friend. How was Risa? I know many on here don't think much of her as a CD. But she is my favorite. I love her bear time story. And the band singing Free Bird. I thought Lynard Skynard was on our last cruise.

The fantasy is my all time favorite ship. Though I really love the cove balcony on the dream class. The fantasy is like an old friend. How was Risa? I know many on here don't think much of her as a CD. But she is my favorite. I love her bear time story. And the band singing Free Bird. I thought Lynard Skynard was on our last cruise.

The Andrew says, Risa is not a pushy girl. She knows how to delegate, but if you see her she is a breath of fresh air. She even let me give her a kiss on the cheek. Then busy again. MUSIC DEGREE ROCKS!!!

Thanks for the AWESOME :D review!!! Looks like ya'll had a BLAST!!! :)

I love this ship! We sailed the Fantasy twice so far, from our experiences the staff has been the best of any of our cruises!!! We are looking into sailing her again in October/November with the same ports you sailed.

We went on the Dream in October, Funship Freddy must have been in hiding as we never saw him, was Freddy hiding on the Fantasy also? :confused:

Rotting Hell. I kissed Fun Ship Freddie on the stack. Kinda fuzzy. Almost felt.... well ya know. He smelled like Cruise. That was one of those photos that we couldn't part with $20. But we should have.

kybluecruiser, Lynard Skynard wish they could do Free Bird like Music Degree does it!;):D Pink

When is our next cruise Pink? I have to find a way to finance it again. Can do. I have a piece of coal up my a.. well ya know.

fromthebus, Whats the matter you can't sleep either?:eek: We are taking my wife's sister on the Fantasy Feb 28th. Don't have any more booked till Aug. Risa told me Carnival may do away with the cover band after the drydock,but, she wants to keep them. i hope they can keep the bands but if not Carnival will save me alot of $$$$ as I won't need to cruise as much.:( Pink

No. I can't sleep. The 28th is 2 days after my b-day. i don't have the means yet. But I'm trying to work an angle. Also i quit smoking with the help of Smokey4u and his nifty contraption. So here I am. Not smokng for 9 days now. Pretty good.

Edited by fromthebus

Great review and photos. Can you tell me please if you have to have quarters for the laundry room or does the machine take the S&S card. I looked closely at the photos of the machines, but I couldn't tell where the coins went. Thanks so much.

Great review and photos. Can you tell me please if you have to have quarters for the laundry room or does the machine take the S&S card. I looked closely at the photos of the machines, but I couldn't tell where the coins went. Thanks so much.

You will need quarters for the machine. I got them from guest services. The machines will unfortunately not take your s&s card but what a great idea!

Lol I only got a hug in April.

The Andrew always goes for inappropriate closeness. I cant even tell you what he did to one of the "showgirls" on our second cruise. All I can say is when they took the picture, her face was probably a mix of shock and confusion! :eek:

Keep coming back to read the review. Our review! An amazing cruise with wonderful new and old friends, crew that I will never forget and great memories with Tori. I'm ready to droit all over again soon!

Whoop whoop!!!

Whoop whoop fellow FG! Oh, and droit dot com. HAHAHA!!!

I really want to try a cove balcony on the Dream. After seeing videos of them, I am hooked. Maybe in the fall!

Risa is a class act. She doesnt make a bunch of announcements but we never really saw her around the ship except at shows that she was hosting and on embark day. We also saw her in the area of the stairs as she was on her way to a Menorah Lighting ceremony

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. My second cruise was on the Fantasy. I think it was nicer than the Fascination which Icruised on my first time. I have been wanting to do the seven day cruise out of Charleston and your review makes me want to go even more.

You should go! After sailing on this most recent 7 day, it's going to be hard to bump ourselves back to a 5day. But I have promised my son that I would take him on a cruise this year and I think a 5 day would be perfect for him....and me.

Great review.. booked the Fantasy for June. Question about parking and the luggage at the Port of Charleston? Do you drop off the luggage first and then go wait in the parking line? Are you able to have the members in the family wait at the terminal and then go park? Thanks.

Edited by LPGA Golfer Gal
complete question

I really want to try a cove balcony on the Dream. After seeing videos of them, I am hooked. Maybe in the fall!

Risa is a class act. She doesnt make a bunch of announcements but we never really saw her around the ship except at shows that she was hosting and on embark day. We also saw her in the area of the stairs as she was on her way to a Menorah Lighting ceremony

You should go! After sailing on this most recent 7 day, it's going to be hard to bump ourselves back to a 5day. But I have promised my son that I would take him on a cruise this year and I think a 5 day would be perfect for him....and me.

But what about the Andrew?;) Pink

Great review.. booked the Fantasy for June. Question about parking and the luggage at the Port of Charleston? Do you drop off the luggage first and then go wait in the parking line? Are you able to have the members in the family wait at the terminal and then go park? Thanks.

The port of Charleston is a bit odd and confusing in it's set up. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a new terminal that will make more sense.

You cannot actually drive up to the terminal itself. You have to be shuttled over to it for security reasons.

What will happen is that you will pull in and show your documents at the beginning of a long maze of concrete barriers to an area where you will drop off your luggage. You will then continue through the maze where, if you are early, you will sit until they open the parking warehouse. Then, you will move forward to another tent where you will pay for parking or, if you have one, show your handicapped placard for the free parking.

Once you have done all this, you will enter the warehouse and park and then will stand in line for the shuttle with your carry on luggage. It is a very short ride to the terminal from here....less than a minute.

Confused yet?? ;) Even though it is a bit convoluted, amazingly it runs very smoothly and seamlessly. And there are workers along the way that will keep you pointed in the right direction.

But what about the Andrew?;) Pink

I dont know why I keep trying to leave him out! I guess the UN-honeymoon is over. :p

Haven't had time to read the review yet, but I always love your reviews so I'm sure this one is great as well!

Just booked the Fantasy again yesterday for April! I'm very excited!!

Kim

Thanks for your interest Kim! We are thinking about booking Fantasy in March!