Ultimate Cruise Snob Stories

nhcruiser

I have radio controlled watch that I bought at a swapmeet for a dollar. The seller thought it was broken because it didn't have a stem. I put a battery in it and wear it a lot. It doesn't know how to be wrong except when you change time zones.

Wonder what the snobs would think of that ??

You know those $10 watches they sell on the Princess ships, usually near the last day of the cruise? I wore one of those for over 2 years. Best $10 ever spent. BTW, This is not a brag, but I do own a Rolex that has been broken in my dresser for years. Worst watch I have ever bought and surely NOT worth $$$. It would cost about $600 or more to fix. Now that is just crazy. :(

You know those $10 watches they sell on the Princess ships, usually near the last day of the cruise? I wore one of those for over 2 years. Best $10 ever spent. BTW, This is not a brag, but I do own a Rolex that has been broken in my dresser for years. Worst watch I have ever bought and surely NOT worth $$$. It would cost about $600 or more to fix. Now that is just crazy. :(

I still have my Seiko!

We stayed on the ship one day at port and went to one of the pools. I was in the pool relaxing and in came a woman with a baby in diapers...and not even swim diapers. It kinda freaked me out cause I sure did not want to get sick during the cruise. And there were signs everywhere saying no kids in diapers. I got out and went to my chair and decided to go talk to a pool steward. He went and talked to the lady and she got out of the pool and made a call on her cell phone. After the call she just went and got back in the pool. I did not want to make a huge deal about it but it really bothered me. Later on during the cruise I saw the Captain introducing his wife to some of the passengers. Yes the woman in the pool was the Captains Wife.

Sure. It'll burn off those calories from the goat cheese souffle and creme brule. Can you say seconds!! :p :)

I was enjoying reading this thread, even contributed to it a few pages ago, chuckling along minding my own business and then YOU made your post...

Damn you anyways....cuz NOW all i can do is salivate and drool wishing I could have some of THE best appetizer in the world. Double baked goat cheese souffle" :)

There is only one person I can think of who includes in every post that she always books a suite and how expensive they are. In other posts complains how crew never takes care of her on the ship due to non-suite people needing their rooms cleaned also. Also how those upgraded to suites abuse the suite benefits and how they should not receive them. She blames those who are upgraded to why the internet benefit was taken away. By no means am I going after everyone who books suites. I often book suites myself but I do not act like this on the ship and on these boards. I hope I never run into this person on a ship again as all they do is complain.

I would have to agree with you here.....:):):)

Bob

I've experienced some of the entertainers act like snobs in the HC. Recently on the Emerald, one sat with his arms extended in such a way that he took up two complete tables by himself. I'm not sure why he sat the way he did because his body odor would have guaranteed him privacy. When staff came over to ask if he wanted anything, his negative response was condescending. I guess he thought he was God's gift and people would ask for his autograph.

On one of our cruises there was a trio that performed often in the piazza, three women playing I think it was accordion, violin and piano, or some such odd combination. Definite on the accordion though! Anyway, they were in one of the far forward inside cabins on the Plaza deck and we were about 6 cabins down from them. We saw them in the hall all the time, but they were never friendly, never smiled, just seemed so snobby in their long elegant gowns with their accordion, etc. Like they were entertainers and therefor too good to even acknowledge mere passengers. Of course, I didn't let it bother me, because I knew I was in a higher cabin category (L vs M) than them! ;)

We stayed on the ship one day at port and went to one of the pools. I was in the pool relaxing and in came a woman with a baby in diapers...and not even swim diapers. It kinda freaked me out cause I sure did not want to get sick during the cruise. And there were signs everywhere saying no kids in diapers. I got out and went to my chair and decided to go talk to a pool steward. He went and talked to the lady and she got out of the pool and made a call on her cell phone. After the call she just went and got back in the pool. I did not want to make a huge deal about it but it really bothered me. Later on during the cruise I saw the Captain introducing his wife to some of the passengers. Yes the woman in the pool was the Captains Wife.

Maybe I'm getting crabby as I age, but I think I would have pursued this further and, after I saw that it was the Captain's wife, I think I would have made a formal complaint. He and by association his wife should know better than to do something which can cause health risks. In this day and age when illnesses on cruise ships become the subject of news reports, one would think that especially the captain would want to do all he could to insure the cleanliness of all areas of his vessel. Just MHO

I always like when people start comparing watches, I always show off my watch that I have been wearing for over 20 years. It always takes the conversation away from the Rolex's and others. That's because it is a Mickey Mouse watch. Not overly expensive but comes with a great story.

Maybe I'm getting crabby as I age, but I think I would have pursued this further and, after I saw that it was the Captain's wife, I think I would have made a formal complaint. He and by association his wife should know better than to do something which can cause health risks. In this day and age when illnesses on cruise ships become the subject of news reports, one would think that especially the captain would want to do all he could to insure the cleanliness of all areas of his vessel. Just MHO

Have to agree... this should have been followed up with a letter to Corporate.

As I think more about it I don't necessarily find it snobbery as much as an abuse of authority. If the Capt is truely like this, I wonder how well respected he is by his crew??

I always like when people start comparing watches, I always show off my watch that I have been wearing for over 20 years. It always takes the conversation away from the Rolex's and others. That's because it is a Mickey Mouse watch. Not overly expensive but comes with a great story.

holy crap... a REAL Mickey Mouse watch???? That beats the hell out of any Rolex

I wonder why she wasn't swimming in the crew pool? I am certain she would not be subject to the same scrutiny there.

jimandtoni

I can relate to "a REAL Mickey Mouse watch" Some years I wore a Batman watch to work at a very staid institution. It was fun to see the reactions of others.

Always happy to listen to others about their travel experiences - their ideas often seed future travel plans.

Thank goodness we don't live in a perfect world. What would people have to talk about then!

holy crap... a REAL Mickey Mouse watch???? That beats the hell out of any Rolex

I have a Goofy watch.... that runs backwards. The battery died on it a while back and I haven't gotten around to replacing it, but now I think I will need to do so before my next cruise! :D

On my most recent Sun Princess cruise 2 weeks ago, we were doing the Ultimate Ship Tour with a newly Elite couple. During the laundry tour they were horrified to discover that their laundry was not individually laundered, but was in fact laundered in mixed loads with blues & golds & platinums. The look on their faces was priceless and the rest of the tour group had a good chuckle.

Wow, seriously, people need to lighten up a little bit.

On our last cruise in December we were talking to a lady who asked us where steerage class passengers eat!!!!!

We told her steerage was abandoned a long time ago and everyone is equal - she didn't talk to us after that!

I would have told her that if she couldn't locate the rest of her steerage class passengers, she'd be more than welcome to eat with us.:eek::D

I agree. And, I would have taken a photo and sent an email after the cruise and attached the photo. I would have also said I was posting the photo and the result of my report on CC and every cruise site I can find. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I would have freaked out.

Archived