Wonderful Copenhagen

If anyone are planning on visting Frederiksborg castle before june 20th there will be some disruptions in the traffic between Birkerød and Hillerød.

I will post the new timetable when we come closer to april 28th when the work starts.

If you are going to Kronborg castle, Karen Blixen Museum and louisiana Museum for modern art there will also be some disruptions.

The tracks carrying the Øresund trains toward Helsingør Between Svanemøllen and Hellerup will be closed for about 3 months this summer because of the construction of a new road tunnel passing under the railroad. (the S-train tracks was closed last year)

As i remember it you will have to take the S-train toward Hillerød (well probably only Birkerød) or klampenborg and then change to the Øresund train at Hellerup instead.

Danish Viking,

If you go to the route link that you provided above and then drag the little yellow man by the zoom scale onto that route that you made(about half way down the pier is a good place), then you can look from the street view. Look around 360 till you see the blue line. You can follow the blue line by clicking on the arrows. The blue line does cut the corner by the red roofed building in your view. Then it stops on the other side. The odd thing is, if you stay in street view until Sundkrogsgad, there is no bus stop. Maybe because they were doing construction when the pictures were taken? I'll just have to be confident that it is there.

If anyone are planning on visting Frederiksborg castle before june 20th there will be some disruptions in the traffic between Birkerød and Hillerød.

I will post the new timetable when we come closer to april 28th when the work starts.

If you are going to Kronborg castle, Karen Blixen Museum and louisiana Museum for modern art there will also be some disruptions.

The tracks carrying the Øresund trains toward Helsingør Between Svanemøllen and Hellerup will be closed for about 3 months this summer because of the construction of a new road tunnel passing under the railroad. (the S-train tracks was closed last year)

As i remember it you will have to take the S-train toward Hillerød (well probably only Birkerød) or klampenborg and then change to the Øresund train at Hellerup instead.

Thanks --if this adds too much time to the trip to Helsingor we may have to reconsider our plans.

Danish Viking,

If you go to the route link that you provided above and then drag the little yellow man by the zoom scale onto that route that you made(about half way down the pier is a good place), then you can look from the street view. Look around 360 till you see the blue line. You can follow the blue line by clicking on the arrows. The blue line does cut the corner by the red roofed building in your view. Then it stops on the other side. The odd thing is, if you stay in street view until Sundkrogsgad, there is no bus stop. Maybe because they were doing construction when the pictures were taken? I'll just have to be confident that it is there.

OK, I finally found the bus stop in the google street view. The map with the bus icon shows that one must turn left at Sundkrogsgade to get to the bus stop. But in the street view, if you turn right at the corner you'll see the bus stop for going north (where we will get off coming back). If you continue further down that road (to the right), you see a bus stop in front of the steps to a building I think is the Royal Bank of Scotland. Whether that is because of the construction while these pictures were taken or whether it is now permanantly there, I don't know. But at least I'll know to look both ways!

That could be a reason but I will check it up for you because I will be in Copenhagen in one of the Easter days.

@ AlanskanB

It will probably only be 10 minutes or so, the S-train only has 2 more stops between Østerport and Hellerup (Nordhavn being one of them) so it isn't that much longer.

But if they decide not to run the trains that go nonstop between Hellerup and Kokkedal it will take some minutes longer.

Can you give me your opinion Danish Viking?

The price of the Copenhagen Card has gone up due to the Exchange rate ($ to Euros) so while it is like less than a $30 USD difference I'm just wondering which one to get for our visit.

48 hour card

72 hour card

Our flight lands at 10:45 (Air Canada) so I'm thinking we probably won't get out of the airport till 11:30 or 12 if we are lucky. We have the rest of the day Thursday, all day Friday, and then Saturday morning (Ship leaves at 5pm so we'll probably try and board around 1pm)

Danish Viking Can you take a look at my touring plan and let me know what you think

I found the prelim plan but not my notes on which buses to take where. Grr.

Thursday

City Hall area - walk around a little since hotel is across the street

Stroget - walk around and lunch (probably Cafe Petersborg)

Round Tower (Rundetaarn) - open till 8pm

National Museum or Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek - Maybe depends on map location

Nyhavn - Canal Tour and Dinner or dinner at Christianshavn

We could cut out most of Stroget as I live in Houston and we have plenty of access to designer boutiques here. About the only thing I would need is a Top Shop and H&M if they are on that street. Would you skip the shopping for one of the museums?

Friday

Little Mermaid Statue

Gefion Fountain

Amalienborg

Rosenborg

Ida Davidsen - Lunch (reservations required 140cm menu!)

Christianshavn - maybe

Hans Christian Andersen Statue

Tivoli Gardens for dinner - open till 12:30am

Saturday

National Museum or Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

Board ship

Return from Ship

Debark ship

Hit Airport to check in for next day flight (and leave luggage)

check in at Cottage Farm outside of Copenhagen

Visit Viking Ship Museum

Tour around Dragor

Edited by blonde1981

Can anyone recommend a hotel that accepts children? When I search I have only found only one hotel that asks if a child will be present, normally they only ask for number of adults. Any help?

Check out TripAdvisor.com and put in Copenhagen Hotels. Then there are various search options and one is "Families"

Danish Viking Can you take a look at my touring plan and let me know what you think

I found the prelim plan but not my notes on which buses to take where. Grr.

Thursday

We could cut out most of Stroget as I live in Houston and we have plenty of access to designer boutiques here. About the only thing I would need is a Top Shop and H&M if they are on that street. Would you skip the shopping for one of the museums?

Friday

Little Mermaid Statue

Gefion Fountain

Amalienborg

Rosenborg

Christianshavn - maybe

Saturday

National Museum or Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

Board ship

Return from Ship

Debark ship

Hit Airport to check in for next day flight (and leave luggage)

check in at Cottage Farm outside of Copenhagen

Visit Viking Ship Museum

Tour around Dragor

Thursday

Friday

Little Mermaid Statue

Gefion Fountain

Amalienborg

Rosenborg

Ida Davidsen is actually located between Amalienborg and Gefion but its not a long way back.

The direct train between Kastrup and Roskilde towards Aarhus and Aalborg departs at XX:39 from Kastrup (the airport) and XX:44 from Ørestad.

The train from Roskilde towards Kastrup departs at XX:57 and departs at Ørestad at XX:31 and Kastrup at XX:37.

But else there are tonnes of connections if you take the Øresund train towards København H (central station) and take any of the other connections i told you about earlier.

Edited by Danish viking

ahh ok good to know. I may switch Saturday up a bit then. I was trying to figure out something to see before the Castles opened at 10am but this could work.

Saturday

Little Mermaid

Snack

Rosenborg - tour and Crown Jewels

Amelienborg - changing of the guards and quick tour

Lunch

Gefion Fountain

HCA Statue

Tivoli

The cruise season began this monday with AidaStella in port but the view from my apartment looks more like winter :p

temporary_zps3265291c.jpg

But luckily the next cruiseships in port are AidaBella and AidaCara that will be here 2 times each between april 15th and 19th and there are a few weeks for the weather to get better. :D

btw its not my window that´s dirty its snowflakes, it really is i promise.

Edited by Danish viking

Wow, doesn't look like spring! What are the long range weather predictions, have you heard? Someone on the Norway thread said June was expected to be more dry than usual. From your experience, does a late winter make for a colder/warmer summer?

I know you can't promise or predict any weather...but one does often see patterns from previous years.

Hi, Danish Viking,

From the Copenhagen Card’s website it says you’ll get free entry of about 70 museums and attractions. And the Canal Boat is also included. Isn’t it too good to be true?:confused: Or do you know which one? the Netto Baden or DFDS Canal Tours? Thanks.

The 30 days and seasonal forecast from DMI looks like this. (translated with google)

But to sum it up, we will get less rain than normal but it will be a little bit colder than the average but mostly in April and start of may.

Winter maintains its grip on Denmark in the rest of March. Even in the first weeks of April there is the prospect warm spring weather.

A massive high pressure remains stable over Scandinavia. The Atlantic low pressure, which would bring mild air over Denmark, blocked just west of the British Isles. From here they go down over southern Europe and the Mediterranean. The air that reaches us in the weather situation, coming from the east, where it remains cold.

Immediately there is no prospect of a change in the flow pattern initially, and it seems that high pressure dominates the weather in northern Europe throughout the coming months.

The cold in Denmark culminates at the end of this week (week 12). During Easter week (week 13) will be slightly milder. High pressure moved slightly south to southern Scandinavia and the Baltic region. For us it means that we can look forward to less precipitation, weaker wind and pretty good chance of sun. Day temperature rises gradually, but only relatively slowly. At Easter we can hope for up to 5 ° C in the daytime.

We must continue to count on the night frost until Easter, but in early April night temperatures can sneak up to zero or maybe a few plus degrees.

In the first half of April dominate the cold, eastern flow continues to weather. The cool waters of the Baltic Sea means that we get lower air temperature than normal for the season - about 2 ° C below normal. What is normal, you can see in the graphic below.

April offers, however, generally on mostly dry and slightly weaker winds than in March. There are probably still some nights with light night frost and day temperature rises to about 5-8 ° C, perhaps up to about 10 ° C when we reach the middle of April.

Season forecast

DMI's seasonal forecast covers for this April-June 2013th

The latest long-term forecasts are characterized by slightly lower sea temperatures in the waters around Denmark and a slightly higher pressure than normal. It provides for greater regional differences in weather than normal spring has to offer.

Especially the North Sea during the winter cooled more than normal. This means that in periods of westerlies, where milder air masses moved to the forefront, will experience increased sea fog of particular Jutland. In the similar weather situation under high pressure influence the trend clouds over the rest of the country. The risk of sea fog is greatest until May.

On the whole, it will mainly be in April coasts with onshore winds, which in accordance with the usual climatology experiencing the lowest temperatures and the highest incidence of sea fog. In spring and early summer progresses, reduce this trend. Conversely, the inner parts of the country could get more and more days of double-digit plus degrees when we get a little into April.

Tendency to slightly higher pressure than normal means that we have fewer low pressure over the country. This falls slightly less precipitation than normal. The temperature is projected to be around or slightly below normal over the inland areas. Coastal areas and the eastern parts are probably a little cooler even with approx. 0.5 to 1.0 ° C below normal. It is especially April and the first part of May, which seems to offer to season low temperatures.

Normal for April for the weather decade 2001-2010 is 7.5 ° C and 37 millimeters, while the average for May is 11.4 ° C and 53 millimeters. Finally June averaged 14.6 ° C g and 68 mm rainfall.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi, Danish Viking,

From the Copenhagen Card’s website it says you’ll get free entry of about 70 museums and attractions. And the Canal Boat is also included. Isn’t it too good to be true?:confused: Or do you know which one? the Netto Baden or DFDS Canal Tours? Thanks.

No its for real, and it´s both the DFDS canal tour and Netto Bådene,

But I think that they are limiting it to 1 trip per day but then you can just take the other company.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi, Danish Viking,

Are both boat tours the same do you know? Which one is better? Thanks.

Dolfans from Miami

Hi, Danish Viking,

Elza, this surprised me. The free sights list (From 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013) says Canal Tours Copenhagen. Apparently Canal Tours Copenhagen (Googled it) is this http://www.stromma.dk/en/SIGHTSEEING-TOURS/Hop-on-hop-off-winterschedule/

Some Tripadvisor reviews of Canal Tours Copenhagen mention "free" with Copenhagen card. I'd double check in April after the updated list is posted but looks good for now.

I think Rick Steves recommend Netto Baden.

Thank you, Elzacruiser. I think RS recommended Netto Baden because it was less expensive. But if they are both included with the Copenhagen Card, I wonder if the other one is better?!

Dolfans from Miami

Elza, this surprised me. The free sights list (From 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013) says Canal Tours Copenhagen. Apparently Canal Tours Copenhagen (Googled it) is this http://www.stromma.dk/en/SIGHTSEEING-TOURS/Hop-on-hop-off-winterschedule/

Some Tripadvisor reviews of Canal Tours Copenhagen mention "free" with Copenhagen card. I'd double check in April after the updated list is posted but looks good for now.

Then we'll check in April again. Hopefully it will have an extension.:)