Wonderful Copenhagen

The Copenhagen card is now available to book thru Viator.

Some on our roll call have already purchased card for May.

You print voucher at home and exchange at Airport or downtown.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Per the website you can puchase Copenhagen Card at the airport and some other sales point. If still you need to exchange the card why need to pre-purchased?:confused:

Per the website you can puchase Copenhagen Card at the airport and some other sales point. If still you need to exchange the card why need to pre-purchased?:confused:

They had a special....10% off the card .....that's why :)

Hope that answers your question :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to purchase online but don't want to purchase from viator as we are arriving on cruise ship and won't have anywhere to redeem at the pier (or is there?) I am trying to buy directly from the website but it keeps giving me the price in pounds. Viator has it for $44 so I definitely don't want to pay 44 euro as quoted on the copenhagen card site. Any suggestions?

Danish Viking,

I read in one of your earlier posts (on your closed Copenhagen thread) that the bus driver will take euros and dollars and give change in DKK. Is that still true?

We will be arriving at Freeport. I thought we'd take the bus (which ones?) to the Central Station and then spend the day walking between sights. We will slowly make our way out to Kastellet and depending on how tired we are will either walk back to Freeport or catch the bus. Is the Freeport- central station bus ride a 2 zone ride? If we decide to return that evening to see Tivoli, therefore potentially 4 bus rides each for us (DH and myself), would we be better off buying the 10 ride klippekort? I assume then we can both use it (each having 5)? Can the klippekort be bought from the bus driver? In dollars?

Thanks for all your help.

Another thread about Norway has me wondering what is a reasonable amount of "walking" money? We are going to stick with credit cards as much as possible but I know some places won't take credit, etc. In the US my husband and I usually have $100 USD on us for walking money which I think is about 500 DKK with the exchange rate. Would that cover a snack at a food cart, taxi ride, a beer or two in a day?

I'd like to purchase online but don't want to purchase from viator as we are arriving on cruise ship and won't have anywhere to redeem at the pier (or is there?) I am trying to buy directly from the website but it keeps giving me the price in pounds. Viator has it for $44 so I definitely don't want to pay 44 euro as quoted on the copenhagen card site. Any suggestions?

When I go to the visitCOPENhagen card sight, they do not show any cards available for June. They do show a significant price increase starting in April from 35€ to 44€ . When I go to the Viator site, they show cards available for June but again a price increase from $44.13 to $51.37 starts in April which is less than 44€.

Tenant, be ure you are comparing the same date.

Edited to say I just realized that 44€ price includes 4€ shipping/ card.

Edited by SoBaycruiser

@ sobaycruiser

I think its still the case with euro and dollars but the bus driver does not sell the klippekort and they will not them anymore from the first of June, instead it will be Rejsekortet (compared to Oystercard in London)

But the klippekort first expire in June 2014.

But remember that Bus 26 doesn't run out in the Freeport in the weekend.

But you can walk to Nordhavn station where you can buy the klippekort or other tourist cards at 7-Eleven.

Maybe the citypass is better for you if you doesn't come to Copenhagen before they stop selling the regular klippekort.

The Citypass is valid for 24 hours and does only cost 75 DKK, its the same as a 2 zone klippe that cost 150 DKK.

@ Tennant

The tourist information has a tent at the Freeport terminal but I think the closest place they sell the card is at Nordhavn station located 15 minutes away on foot.

When I go to the visitCOPENhagen card sight, they do not show any cards available for June. They do show a significant price increase starting in April from 35€ to 44€ . When I go to the Viator site, they show cards available for June but again a price increase from $44.13 to $51.37 starts in April which is less than 44€.

Tenant, be ure you are comparing the same date.

Edited to say I just realized that 44€ price includes 4€ shipping/ card.

When you purchase the card online there is an additional charge for shipping to your home. We paid

$114 .69 for 2-24 hour cards which included the shipping ($57.34 per card). We wanted the card in hand when we get off the ship to use on the bus at the dock.

Dolfans from Miami

When you purchase the card online there is an additional charge for shipping to your home. We paid

$114 .69 for 2-24 hour cards which included the shipping ($57.34 per card). We wanted the card in hand when we get off the ship to use on the bus at the dock.

Dolfans from Miami

Did you purchase it at the visitCOPENhagen site? If so, are you traveling before June? If not, how did you get them to accept a date after May?

Did you purchase it at the visitCOPENhagen site? If so, are you traveling before June? If not, how did you get them to accept a date after May?

I visited the visitCOPENhagen site and put in the day I will be visiting (May 29, 2013) and the purchase option pops up displaying the different cards available for purchase (24, 72, 120 hours) and that was it. Added 2 - 24 hour cards to the basket and checked out using my Visa card. It does display in Euros but comes out to the amount offered by Viator with the addition of the $6.00 shipping fee. Good luck! :)

Dolfans from Miami

I visited the visitCOPENhagen site and put in the day I will be visiting (May 29, 2013) and the purchase option pops up displaying the different cards available for purchase (24, 72, 120 hours) and that was it. Added 2 - 24 hour cards to the basket and checked out using my Visa card. It does display in Euros but comes out to the amount offered by Viator with the addition of the $6.00 shipping fee. Good luck! :)

Dolfans from Miami

Thanks! That is what I did but it won't accept Jun 19. I don't know if they limit how far in the future you can buy them. I may have to wait till April for June cards. It seems odd since it is reliant on mailing them which takes time.

Thanks! That is what I did but it won't accept Jun 19. I don't know if they limit how far in the future you can buy them. I may have to wait till April for June cards. It seems odd since it is reliant on mailing them which takes time.

It took time for May to come up as well. I emailed the TI office and they told me that the new website was due to launch this Thursday and the purchasing of the cards would be available then. On a whim I decided to check the site this morning and May was available! :) You should have plenty of time to receive it, no worries! I got my Stockholm cards in a week! Enjoy your cruise.

Dolfans from Miami

Hi Danish Viking, as everyone else has said, you're wonderful. I was in Copenhagen last year for several days before Emerald Princess cruise. I stayed at the Hotel Maritime, great location but the staff was rude. I'm now returning to complete the cruise (my mother-in-law died the day after I boarded the ship, so only saw Copenhagen and Oslo) but traveling alone this time. I'm having problems deciding if I want to stay in the Nyhvn area again (Best Western maybe) OR the Tivoli/HOHO stop area (thinking of Clarion Mayfair). I will have a walker because of bad back so steps up to the hotel entrance make it a tad difficult. I'll be arriving early morning on June 2 and cruise June 3.

What would you suggest? Also, since I have to take taxi from airport and then hotel to cruiseport, can you give me an estimate of cost? There were 2-3 of us and we split, and having a senior/blonde moment here, can't remember. Since we are also going to Aarhus, I figure about 800DKK should make it.

Thanks for your help!! I need a decision maker here :)

Linda

I am sorry to hear about the behavior of the staff, a holiday should always be carefree but i hope that you enjoyed your stay anyway.

According to tripadviser the Mayfair is in the top 5 of hotels in Copenhagen so theymust do something right.

Taxi from airport to hotel is around 300 DKK and from your hotel to the Freeport terminal around 150-200 DKK.

We are arriving in Copenhagen on May 12th (Sunday)on back to back cruises. We would like to go to Town Hall. Walk down the Stroget to Nyhavn and along the harbor back to the Little Mermaid. Our ship docks at Freeport. Since it is Sunday and Bus 26 is not running to Freeport, can you advise us how to get to Town Hall from Freeport and then how to get from the Little Mermaid back to Freeport? We feel like by the time we get to Little Mermaid we will need transportation back to the ship. I read all the current posts and didn't find an answer to what to do on Sundays from Freeport for transportation. Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Patsy

Its very simple, walk 15 minutes to Nordhavn station.

Take any southbound S-train towards Køge, Høje Taastrup or Frederikssund/Ballerup.

Get off at Vesterport and walk past the colourful building that is the Palads Cinema and then one further you are at the Town Hall Square.

If you don't dare walk the last part from the little mermaid to the ship (depending on the size you will probably be able to see it from the correct vantage point)

Or walk or take bus 26 to Østerport and then take a northbound S-train (towards Farum, Hillerød or Klampenborg) and get off at Nordhavn station and walk back to the ship from there.

Its very simple, walk 15 minutes to Nordhavn station.

Take any southbound S-train towards Køge, Høje Taastrup or Frederikssund/Ballerup.

Get off at Vesterport and walk past the colourful building that is the Palads Cinema and then one further you are at the Town Hall Square.

If you don't dare walk the last part from the little mermaid to the ship (depending on the size you will probably be able to see it from the correct vantage point)

Or walk or take bus 26 to Østerport and then take a northbound S-train (towards Farum, Hillerød or Klampenborg) and get off at Nordhavn station and walk back to the ship from there.

You are a wealth of information. Thank you so much!

We are taking the June 3rd cruise from Copenhagen and staying 3 extra nights after the cruise ends.

Can anyone recommend a hotel for us that is easy enough to get to from the cruise terminal, AND can get us from the hotel to the airport at the end of our stay?

Once the cruise is over I assume there are taxi's and/or buses available to take us if a recommended hotel is not within walking distance.

We would be looking for a reasonably priced hotel (not cheap, not overpriced) that hopefully is in a nice tourist location, but the ease of getting from ship to hotel and then hotel to airport is important to us.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

We are taking the June 3rd cruise from Copenhagen and staying 3 extra nights after the cruise ends.

Can anyone recommend a hotel for us that is easy enough to get to from the cruise terminal, AND can get us from the hotel to the airport at the end of our stay?

Once the cruise is over I assume there are taxi's and/or buses available to take us if a recommended hotel is not within walking distance.

We would be looking for a reasonably priced hotel (not cheap, not overpriced) that hopefully is in a nice tourist location, but the ease of getting from ship to hotel and then hotel to airport is important to us.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

After much research we chose Somandshjemmet Bethel hotel in the Nyhavn area. It isn't far from the port and is very close to a train station to catch trains to/from the airport. It has very good rates as well. You didn't say what type of rooms you were looking for so I don't know if it will work for you. It is basic rather than being modern. I like to stay in Hotels with a feel for the area I am visiting and this one fit the bill. Here is a link to their listing on TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d237647-Reviews-Somandshjemmet_Bethel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

Its

How far is the Little Mermaid back to the Freeport pier? After walking from City Hall back to the Little Mermaid I am wondering how much further? LOL:rolleyes: