Pre cruise complaint (what's your view)

Arrowdaz

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to thank you all for replying to my thread and helping me resolve this issue. I wouldn't have been able to get a result without all of your help.

As you know I sent both an e-mail and a letter to A.Goldstein in Miami, I received an e-mail back from one of his executive team very quickly, they expressed threir personnal apologies and said they were looking into my complaint and would be in contact very soon.

Then today I received a call back from the UK offices, they have decided that they will honour the original package as described over the phone.

So I am now just awaiting my new confirmation to arrive but they have confirmed it will include the AI premium drinks package and the $200 OBC.

I'm so happy that they decided to honour the original package.

Thanks again for your comments and help.

Best wishes

Regards

I'm so pleased for you. It was not only illegal what they were trying to do to you, but completely unethical. It's great that you have the result you were entitled to. enjoy your cruise. :D

As you know I sent both an e-mail and a letter to A.Goldstein in Miami, I received an e-mail back from one of his executive team very quickly, they expressed threir personnal apologies and said they were looking into my complaint and would be in contact very soon.

Then today I received a call back from the UK offices, they have decided that they will honour the original package as described over the phone.

Wow, congratulations.

Thanks for posting your experience and followup, and for adding to the body of knowledge on Cruise Critic. :)

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to thank you all for replying to my thread and helping me resolve this issue. I wouldn't have been able to get a result without all of your help.

So I am now just awaiting my new confirmation to arrive but they have confirmed it will include the AI premium drinks package and the $200 OBC.

Best wishes

Regards

Good for you. That's no less than what you deserve. Well done for sticking it through

Royal Caribbean need to train their staff better instead of not honouring their verbal agreements

Hypothetical...

Let's say you were typing out an ad on Craigslist for a car... You meant to type $5000 but you accidentally typed $5... would you sell it to the first person who called for $5? No, you would be crazy to? You would say it was a mistake. Right?

Some of you are going to say you would sell it for $5... but come on, you wouldn't. Why? Because you don't HAVE to!

I know, apples and oranges... but in the end it is the same thing. It was a mistake. I agree it sucks but no amount of pressure is going to change their decision.

If it sounds to good to be true... It is!

Huge difference - Craigslist posting you have not entered into an agreement and contract with anyone yet.....

Hi all,

Best wishes

Regards

Congratulations! Wonderful news. You handled this with such grace. I wonder if I could have been as calm and rational. Enjoy that cruise...and all the free drinks!!

Hi all,

Best wishes

Regards

So happy for you.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise! :D

Hi all,

Best wishes

Regards

Glad they came through. :) Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Good for you for sticking it out. I wouldn't have and I would be paying for drinks while you were waving your free drink card in my face. Congrats! Have a great cruise and have a drink for all of us left behind!

Excellent results. I'm so glad you refused to take no for an answer. While I am most often on the cruiseline's side when someone on these boards has an issue, I've been a consumer advocate since by Ralph Nader days and always felt you were absolutely correct with this.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your positive comments, I am obviously very please that RCI have decided to honour their original package. Good on them, they have defiantly done the right thing.

Mac, I'm so sorry that you feel the way you do about my complaint to RCI, however, I haven't complained until they have bought me my drinks, I have complained until they honoured the original package they offered me.

So whichever way you look at it, I haven't gained anything from my original quote / booking.

From your original post:

What would you do?..... let me know what you think!

Well, I have stated several times, I would have moved on. I'm happy you got what you wanted. But I'm still entitled to my opinion. I don't think they "made good". I think they decided it wasn't worth dealing with your continued protestation.

You said, "I have complained until they honoured the original package the offered me." Well, good for you. Question is, if that was clearly your plan all along, why even come here to solicit advice in the first place. Clearly all you've done is cherrypick the answers from those who agree with you as validation.

From your original post:

Well, I have stated several times, I would have moved on. I'm happy you got what you wanted. But I'm still entitled to my opinion. I don't think they "made good". I think they decided it wasn't worth dealing with your continued protestation.

You said, "I have complained until they honoured the original package the offered me." Well, good for you. Question is, if that was clearly your plan all along, why even come here to solicit advice in the first place. Clearly all you've done is cherrypick the answers from those who agree with you as validation.

Mac,

I would personally like to thank you for the time you have invested in this thread, and also for your opinion, and as you rightly stated, you are entitled to your opinion, just as we all are.

It's just unfortunate that in this instance you seem to be in the minority.

Best wishes to you

Regards

Wonderful news! I was a little torn when I first read you email but the more I thought about it the more I realized you should keep after them to do the right thing. I saw the topic had risen to the first page again and was going to add my support when I read your good news.

I think that they realized their phone rep made a mistake, but because it was recorded it was in their best interests to do the right thing. You were very lucky they told you that yes, we havea recording of that offer being made to you and you accepted the offer and terms. Not much else they could do under the circumstances. Unfortunately, in such a situation the folks on the front lines usually do not have the authority to make those decisions.

Have a great cruise!

From your original post:

I will hang with you in the minority Mac...

While I waffled on this a bit, and finally came down on the side that I didn't think they were obligated to include the drink package, I'm very happy for you, and very impressed that they went above and beyond to keep a customer happy.

So glad you have gotten this issue resolved. I back you 100% and feel you were only asking what was quoted you in the very beginning. Also I want to thank you for letting us know the resolution of this issue. So many times I have followed a thread and the OP doesn't let us know "the end of the story" and I am left wondering.

I will hang with you in the minority Mac...

Good for you. But...I do somewhat wish upon you "minority opinion" folks that some day you'll book a cruise or other vacation based on some promised incentives, only to find the incentives not included, when you get the invoice.

Of course, I'm sure you'll just let it go, without a second thought, but that's OK. :cool:

Archived