Europe

xnavydoc2

Hello to All,

Getting ready to plan our cruise for 2014. This will be our 7th cruise. Been on Crystal, NCL, Princess. We would like to do a cruise that would include Paris (Rouen) and London (Dover) Would like to start and end in Europe. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nothing's going to come out of the Med to the Channel and back again. So you need cruises starting from the UK, or (possibly) Scandinavia. P&O is the biggest so that's your best chance. Also Fred Olsen, Cunard, and I believe Celebrity and Carnival do UK based itineraries.

To really ensure Paris, though, you might need to fly there and do a land tour before your cruise starts.

Actually several cruise lines do unique(one or two times each summer) routes that start on the Atlantic side- though not always London- and go to somewhere in the Med. Or reverse. Try Holland America. Perhaps Princess and Royal Caribbean. Again, they won't be regualr routes, just once or twice as they move ships from one place to another.

Agreed with dsrdsrdsr that Paris is best seen by land, not on a one very long day via cruise excursion. You won't really get to see much.

If London and Paris are your priorities (they are both great cities) you should consider simply taking a land trip. Although it is possible to visit both on some cruises, it is not very convenient as both places can be hours away from the port. Keep in mind that its easy to do both of these cities on your own since they are connected by the wonderful (and very fast) Chunnel Train. You can book your air into one city and return from the other...and then use the Chunnel to get between the two. There are also many "tours" that cover both of these cities.

Hank

Hello to All,

Getting ready to plan our cruise for 2014. This will be our 7th cruise. Been on Crystal, NCL, Princess. We would like to do a cruise that would include Paris (Rouen) and London (Dover) Would like to start and end in Europe. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Charfan. Sandy and I, along with Riva and Linda are looking at the 2014 TA out of Copenhagen.

I've tried to contact you by e-mail. I must have your old one. If you have Linda P's, can you contact her and she can give you my e-mail.

Vic

If London and Paris are your priorities (they are both great cities) you should consider simply taking a land trip. Although it is possible to visit both on some cruises, it is not very convenient as both places can be hours away from the port. Keep in mind that its easy to do both of these cities on your own since they are connected by the wonderful (and very fast) Chunnel Train. You can book your air into one city and return from the other...and then use the Chunnel to get between the two. There are also many "tours" that cover both of these cities.

Hank

I agree.

Years ago, we wanted a three city European trip of about 2 weeks and we flew to London, enjoyed four or five days; flew to Paris and then Rome. We were gone two weeks and it was GREAT.

We did a French barge cruise and when it ended in Paris, we added on a week's land. We took the train one day to Rouen (very easy, very convenient, very inexpensive) and spent the day there. If you want to see (and really experience) London and Paris, do any cruise, then add some land days for the two cities and taking the Eurostar between the two is very easy and depending how flexible and how far in advance you plan, it is not expensive and WAY better and easier than flying between the two cities.

Hi Charfan. Sandy and I, along with Riva and Linda are looking at the 2014 TA out of Copenhagen.

I've tried to contact you by e-mail. I must have your old one. If you have Linda P's, can you contact her and she can give you my e-mail.

Vic

Hi Vic,

Hope all is well. Thanks for staying in touch. We really want to see the "Other" Europe. I can get a timeshare condo in England, so we might do that. My Lovely Wife Opal is'nt real wild about a TA again. Say hello to Sandy. We speak of you often.

Hank

Thanks Hank. I can get a timeshare condo in England, might do that and then get tours of London and Paris. Can you (or anyone else) recommend a good tour company?

Archived