Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

When I posted my thanks above for keeping it updated it was ok then, I’m sure.  So something has happened in the interim.  Perhaps Host Grandma can check?

Phil

I can and will ask the question, but am not sure that they would be able to change it back from portrait to landscape

1 hour ago, uktog said:

As the person who developed and has updated the spreadsheet I have checked it was as before formatted and uploaded in landscape therefore I have no idea how the issue has arisen. Never was a problem with the old boards. 

It was a nightmare uploading with the new boards anyway so I am not sure as I am cruising for a while if I can do anymore. 

I have had a look and seen that older versions earlier on in the thread are still OK. I will ask CC if the change-over could have caused the problem with this one and if so whether anyone there can put it right  Probably not, though, as it looks like its a read only file.

As you're cruising at present, I would be happy to try and upload it onto the site again for you. If you would like me to do that you could email me the file, as the only up-to-date version I can see is on here.

Just got the answer back from CC. As I expected they can’t do anything about putting the file back to landscape. I was told that it was possible that the file size may have made a difference. One possibility may be to split it into 2 files - say one for Decks 4, 5 & 6 and the other for Decks 7 & 8. Again if you want to send me the file, I can have a go at splitting it - I promise not to change anything else on it!

Unfortunately as I said I cannot do anything about this until after Christmas when I can next access the file which incidentally will be almost the same size as the previously ones the number of new entries in the last version would not have made that big a change. 

It is very interesting to read the comments on this thread regarding  the cabins but nobody has mentioned how small the shower cubicles are in the staterooms along with the plastic curtain. On an upmarket promoted cruise ship you would think that there would be some comments on this feature in ALL Azamara cruise ships but hey Not one.

Is everyone that goes on these cruises wafer thing or am I missing something on this thread?.

47 minutes ago, grey traveller said:

It is very interesting to read the comments on this thread regarding  the cabins but nobody has mentioned how small the shower cubicles are in the staterooms along with the plastic curtain. On an upmarket promoted cruise ship you would think that there would be some comments on this feature in ALL Azamara cruise ships but hey Not one.

Is everyone that goes on these cruises wafer thing or am I missing something on this thread?.

Actually, I have mentioned the shower on several threads, but not this one, as it is for repeat az cruisers, who are aware of the shower size..  See   

On another thread, someone told me that I was beating a dead horse!!!!  DW, 4'10" says Az is her favorite cruise line!

54 minutes ago, grey traveller said:

It's simply not a big deal.  And it's not going to change.  We all get clean in the shower, and that's what really matters.

Ritza if you got rid of the shower curtain there would be water everywhere.

On all the small size cruise ships I have travelled on this is the worse design of all in any upmarket fleet for size.

You are right Tom47 we maybe flogging a dead horse because on this forum everyone seems to just love Azamara with it's minute shower cubicles and all.

I for one have booked on Regent Seven Seas Voyager for next year so will be able to report back on their bathroom too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I downloaded the file -- with the comments visible --  a while back.  I am trying to attach it here, but as it's my first attempt on CC I am not sure this will work.  Hoping this will be of some use.

Cabin INFO.pdf

Thanks for this, it reads fine, but it’s not the latest version as there is no information about the Pursuit, which Uktog had added. 

It’s still very useful to those going on a Quest or Journey cruise though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately as I said I cannot do anything about this until after Christmas when I can next access the file which incidentally will be almost the same size as the previously ones the number of new entries in the last version would not have made that big a change. 

I must admit I couldn’t see it would be that much bigger, but that was the suggestion from CC.

When you get home please let me know if I can help with the uploading at all. In the meantime have a great time cruising!

Ship. Pursuit

Room. 8052

The standard of the suite is outstanding. Everything well maintained, however the fitting of the balcony door means that with any sea movement it squeaks like a rat in a cage.  I would avoid the room for any cruise with a large number of sea days. I did try to get the problem sorted while on the cruise but with no success.

My wife and I booked  8090.  From the comments it appears as if the motion and soot makes this stateroom one to avoid.  should we consider changing to a standard with a smaller balcony hopefully midships aft if available?  Our cruise is next November from Singapore to Dubai.

9 hours ago, Dean said:

My wife and I booked  8090.  From the comments it appears as if the motion and soot makes this stateroom one to avoid.  should we consider changing to a standard with a smaller balcony hopefully midships aft if available?  Our cruise is next November from Singapore to Dubai.

Dean, I'm guessing you'll get different opinions, but I'd keep the veranda on the stern.  We've been next door in 8093 and the soot was a minimal issue.  And we've never been bothered by motion on the stern in either a VX or an Owner's suite.  On rare occasion when the ship is going full speed we had significant vibration in a deck 6 Owner's suite, but we just slept through it and it passed.

11 hours ago, Dean said:

I think that you should consider that it's a small ship, compared to Celebrity and motion sickness could be a problem.  We always book a midship veranda.

10 hours ago, Tom47 said:

I think that you should consider that it's a small ship, compared to Celebrity and motion sickness could be a problem.  We always book a midship veranda.

Last summer, we had 6093 two decks down and no problems with soot (other than a flake or two) and no motion problems. The larger balcony and views were great. These cabins are going to be new higher category in 2020.

I really appreciate the replies from Marinaro, Tom and Mackdogmolly.  They were very helpful.  I will stay where we are. 

This Board is really great.  The opinions of past passengers helps upcoming passengers to make decisions. 

Thank you again.

Cabin No.: 8049 

Ship: Pursuit

Month/Year sailed: Nov 2018

Would you choose this room again? Yes

Is noise an issue: Less than we expected, the occasional scraping of chairs from the Patio but it was not bothersome.

Balcony size: Larger about 50% wider than a regular balcony

Any other comment: Shower only, no tub. Great mid ship location.

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Cabin No.: 8049 

Ship: Pursuit

Month/Year sailed: Nov 2018

Would you choose this room again? Yes

Is noise an issue: Less than we expected, the occasional scraping of chairs from the Patio but it was not bothersome.

Balcony size: Larger about 50% wider than a regular balcony

Any other comment: Shower only, no tub. Great mid ship location.

How large was the shower cubicle?.

15 minutes ago, grey traveller said:

How large was the shower cubicle?.

It was quite large, a nice walk in shower. In US measurements, perhaps 5 ft. x 2.5 ft.  And it had a glass door as well.

This photo doesnt really do it justice.

7313D3AA-D5E6-4D38-8B7F-0BF63608F3C5.jpeg

Edited by lovecruzin
Comment