Our Azamazing event!

jo-b

Last night was our Azamazing evening event on Quest and evidently the first ever one for Azamara. We had a concert by the Band of the Royal Gibraltar regiment in St Michael's cave with drinks and canapés.

It must have been a logistical nightmare to organise , a fleet of minibuses was lined up ready for us and it took maybe 15 minutes driving up very narrow very windy and VERY steep streets to get up there.

qWe were greeted by an honour guard from the reenactment group in bearskin hats,kilts and sporrans. Then after a short wait whilst the last of the civilian tourists came out we were allowed into the cave which is vast. Chairs were laid out in tiers, plenty of room, although a little damper than the Cabaret Lounge as some water dripped off the stalactites!

It was a rousing concert with bagpipes and post horns, as well as a singer, all set off with a welcome from the Minister of Tourism & Captain Carl Smith.

After a trip back down in the minibuses we found a commemorative Diamond Jubilee Crown coin in our stateroom from the Gibraltarian government as a gift , then to round off the evening a firework display and sangria!!

a triumph all round from our perspective, despite the strains put on bars and dining room staff with half the ship needing food & drink at roughly the same time.

If it works there are some photos on here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jobloor/

The first Azamazing evening on the Quest was held last night in Gibraltar.

It was perfection in a stunning setting of St.Michael's Cave. The Gibraltar Royal Band performed a 40 minute concert which concluded with a very talented soprano singing g a medley of Shirley Bassey.

During a 20 minute intermission, wine and canapés were served. No detail was missed.

When we returned to the ship, there was a beautiful 20 minute fireworks display right off the bow.

If this is an example of what these evenings are going to be like....silver seas, crystal and regent are having nightmares! Congratulations and huge thanks to Azamara. As if there weren't already enough reasons to cruise with Azamara...

It was perfection in a stunning setting of St.Michael's Cave. The Gibraltar Royal Band performed a 40 minute concert which concluded with a very talented soprano singing g a medley of Shirley Bassey.

During a 20 minute intermission, wine and canapés were served. No detail was missed.

When we returned to the ship, there was a beautiful 20 minute fireworks display right off the bow.

If this is an example of what these evenings are going to be like....silver seas, crystal and regent are having nightmares! Congratulations and huge thanks to Azamara. As if there weren't already enough reasons to cruise with Azamara...

Hi Mauicruiser,

Thank you for reporting the details of the event with us. Sounds fantastic. I hope we'll have an opportuity to sail with Azamara this year.

MAUICRUISER: Mahalo for the report and the photos!

Azamara no ka oi!

When we visited the caves last August (while on our first Azamara cruise) we found the natural theater to be quite impressive. When they announced the "Azamara Evening" it was one of the first venues we pictured. So happy that Azamara was committed to delivering a spectacular evening...and looking forward to one in Bordeaux this August!

It took over two years to align deployments and create destination immersion in the way of evening events like no other. I'm so pleased for all those who worked so diligently, and for the guests who have responded brilliantly to the efforts. The guest surveys are the most favorable scores for shore excursions I've ever witnessed.

So pleased for all! This was the first of many "Azamazing Evenings".

Larry Pimentel

President 8 CEO

Azamara Club Cruises

Can't help but wonder what our special evening will be on the 17 Feb. 2014 cruise, we have overnights in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Kyoto--geisha girls? We love Japan and lived there for 4 yrs back in the late 60's/71. This is why we booked this cruise as soon as it was announced!

It took over two years to align deployments and create destination immersion in the way of evening events like no other. I'm so pleased for all those who worked so diligently, and for the guests who have responded brilliantly to the efforts. The guest surveys are the most favorable scores for shore excursions I've ever witnessed.

So pleased for all! This was the first of many "Azamazing Evenings".

Larry Pimentel

President 8 CEO

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Mr Pimentel,

Thank you for visiting with us and sharing your insights. It's great to see the positive feedback on the first Azamazing Evening, and that everyone's efforts has produced fantastic results. My congratulations to You & Your Azamara team.

As the President's Voyage begins on Wednesday, I wanted to wish You & Mrs Pimentel an Azamazing Journey. Bon Voyage !

We happen to be on the Quest 2 years ago when it was, to our suprise, the Presidents Cruise! And we had a Most wonderful evening in Lavorno for what is Now the Tucsan Azamazing Evening, if it is anything like it was two years ago Ya'll are going to have a FANTASTIC TIME! It was a Wonderful night with food and wine and music!

We are sailing on the President's Voyage next Wednesday, and after reading about this week's Azamazing Evening, we are definitely looking forward to the one scheduled for our cruise when we are in Sete, France.

Andy,

We are very excited as we prepare for the President's cruise. The itinerary is outstanding and the Azamazing evening is yet another exclusive evening event for our guests. We have over 50 different unique evenings that our teams have spent enormous effort in preparing. Our guests will be delighted with these uniques experiences.

Look forward to joining this special cruise.

Regards to all!

Hello Azamara Followers -

The first complimentary AzAmazing Evening Event was introduced in Gibraltar last night (March 30, 2013) as the Royal Gibraltar Regiment Band & Corps of Drums delivered a concert at St. Michael's Cave, located in the Upper Rock Nature Reserve of Gibraltar, at a height of over 300 metres (984 feet) above sea level. The results are in and guest verbal feedback is extremely positive and initial survey results are indicating that the evening will exceed expectations.

I've stated that one of my roles as CBO is to serve as a "company reporter" not only to focus on your suggestions for areas for our improvement but also to provide information to you to improve your understanding of our operation. It is within this context that I am sharing with you a summary of the evening's event so that you can visualize the unfolding of an AzAmazing Evening event and "dress yourself" in the experience. We have made a significant time and financial commitment in establishing and funding this unique Azamara exclusive:

§ As guests entered and exited the cathedral-like cave, a ten member military group greeted them. Many guests stopped and had their photos taken with the group.

§ Participants explored the cave and enjoyed cocktails and light hors d'oeuvres.

§ The Royal Gibraltar Regiment Band & Corps of Drums played eight great pieces covering a variety of music types including “Colonel Bogey”; “Amparita Roco”; Selections from “Les Miserables” and “Lawrence of Arabia”; “Hava Naglia”; and “Highland Cathedral” which was a true highlight. Ms. Andrea Simpson, a renowned Gibraltarian singer also performed with the band for several pieces.

§ Captain Carl Smith addressed the participants along with the Gibraltar Minister of Tourism, Mr. Neil Costa and the CEO of the Gibraltar Tourism Board, Mr. Nicholas Guerrero who served as our emcee.

§ The Ministry of Tourism produced a commemorative program for all guests and also gave all attending guests a commemorative medal.

§ At the end of the evening there was a fireworks display and as they went off modern classic music was played in sync with the fireworks. Guests loved it and we received many positive comments that this was a true “wow”.

Remember, that the Gibraltar event was our "first-born" AzAmazing Event of many that will follow, and like a proud "father" Captain Carl Smith, Master - Azamara Quest, shared this glowing message about the evening with Larry Pimentel who approved that I could share his feelings with you:

Subject: AzAmazed this Evening

Larry,

I have had a couple of long days now, with the departure Seville last night, Gibraltar and then the big day today. I wouldn't swap my job for all the tea in China. This evening was fantastic, the setting, the music, the whole experience. Emilio has organized a truly unforgettable evening special for us, and it was a privilege to be able to take part in it. Capping everything off, the Fireworks were a huge success, and everywhere we look, guests are happy.

It's time for bed now, but we are on to something very special.

We'll be able to provide more photos to this thread as they become available.

We believe that the guests who participated in this first inaugural AzAmazing Evening received a "destination affair to remember."

Happy Easter and best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived