Widow suite upsell?

Musky Ike

Just got an email that we can be ungraded from our OV on the plaza deck to a window suite for $199 per person on the Golden. I have never been in one so I need your advise. Is it worth it?

Based on the title of your thread, it sounds as if people are "dying" to get one of these suites. :D

Just got an email that we can be ungraded from our OV on the plaza deck to a window suite for $199 per person on the Golden. I have never been in one so I need your advise. Is it worth it?

Absolutely! Use the search feature here to find the list of suite perks. There is also a thread that has a great, detailed floorplan of a window suite.

Notice there isn't a single concern about this upsell. I was in a regular suite on the Golden and the perks are great. Love Sabatini's. Our table mates had an upsell and loved it too. I have 3 bookings on the Golden for some very short cruises in a Window Suite on the Golden. Yes, I also vote for it.

Renee

Can only reply by phone. I left a voice mail:), we will see. It says valid until the 9th (the day before sailing), but do they just send these out to one booking and wait for a response or is it first come first served?

Can only reply by phone. I left a voice mail:), we will see. It says valid until the 9th (the day before sailing), but do they just send these out to one booking and wait for a response or is it first come first served?

Was the offer directly to you from Princess or via your Travel Agent?

Congrats - you'll love the benefits! We booked an aft balcony on the Crown for a cruise last month, eventually got offered a mini-suite plus $50 OBC which we took, then we got the up sell to a full suite for $199 - and ended up in a Penthouse Suite! I've never seen a Window Suite but I'd do it just for the extras :-)

Congrats - you'll love the benefits! We booked an aft balcony on the Crown for a cruise last month, eventually got offered a mini-suite plus $50 OBC which we took, then we got the up sell to a full suite for $199 - and ended up in a Penthouse Suite! I've never seen a Window Suite but I'd do it just for the extras :-)

The window suite actually has a bigger bathroom (2 sinks) and three double closets compared to the tiny "walk in" closet in a penthouse suite. The only disadvantage, other than no balcony, is that the bed can't be separated off with a curtain. I liked that in a penthouse suite when you don't both want to sleep at the same time and you can close the curtains around the bed and make it nice and dark in there. I would book a window suite again anytime. It was great.

OP, come back and let us know your impressions. Enjoy your cruise!

I would keep calling and not wait for them to call back. Maybe wait an hour and call back again.

You made the right decision :)

Nice....Our cruise leaves on Saturday and we didn't get offered a thing!

Archived