Just Received Email Stockholder confirmation - Is this new

vickie_bernie

I was shocked this morning to see an email from Princess Stockholder saying

Thank you for your correspondence. We are pleased to confirm that your Booking # ...... sailing ........ on the DIAMOND Princess has been issued a $250 Carnival Shareholder Benefit shipboard credit.

I just sent the fax yesterday and asked for confirmation via email

Is this something new that they are doing cause my cruises from earlier in the year I had to call to confirm and it took at least two weeks.

Anyways I like it.

Vickie

I never got one that quick, even when Lisa was handling them

I know, sometimes Lisa would take a day or two but 12 hours is amazing. Guess shoulder season is making things quieter. I know it is legit cause it even had our Captain Circle # and cruise details (date/ship) when we only gave them our booking number in the fax.

Hope this is how it is from now on as it is very efficient and I can print out and keep in my documents.

Vickie

I booked the May 10th sailing on the Island yesterday (Friday) and faxed in my CCL stock certificate.

This morning I also got an e-mail. If this is a sign of the future, I say way to go Princess!!!:)

I booked the May 10th sailing on the Island yesterday (Friday) and faxed in my CCL stock certificate.

This morning I also got an e-mail. If this is a sign of the future, I say way to go Princess!!!:)

That's great to get an email confirmation without having to call to request it & hope it's the way it will always be done in the future.:D. It has to be more efficient to send a quick email than to receive phone inquiries to confirm that it's been issued & to have it in writing if the ship doesn't have the info.

I have always gotten email confirmation, but NEVER that quickly! Here's hoping that means Princess has either increased the number of people working on this, or they have somehow refined their system to make it more effecient!

I faxed the stock shares verification then I called to see if they receive the fax. I spoke with Kim she confirmed and email me the confirmation. I talked to Kim the day before to make sure I had what was required. Her info and with the help of Cruise Critic members made it easy.

lol yeah that interview on the national news must of did it.... or maybe it was my Linked by the Sea blog on their site, whatever it is, I like it

Good news, I am going to try and get mine in Monday.

Edited by yoyosma

Maybe I hold the record for now: 2 hours, 46 minutes. I faxed the shareholder request today (a Saturday!) at 2:37 p.m. and got the e-mail conformation at 5:13 p.m. I am amazed!

BTW this is for our May 20 cruise on the Grand Princess.

Carolyn

Wow--I never did get a confirmation for our March Coral Princess cruise, but our TA did verify that it was there.

I sent a request to Carnival for a cruise on the Freedom mid-last week and specifically asked for email confirmation and didn't get anything back yet either.

For those that didn't get a response confirmation recently did you include an email address on the fax

Vicki,

I included my email on the cover fax where I requested confirmation and I also wrote the same on the actual request form. I have done this each time and, to date, have never heard back.

I fantasize about walking the request over to Princess HQ (about two miles away) and waiting while they enter it into my record.

Vicki,

I included my email on the cover fax where I requested confirmation and I also wrote the same on the actual request form. I have done this each time and, to date, have never heard back.

I fantasize about walking the request over to Princess HQ (about two miles away) and waiting while they enter it into my record.

That is funny

I know i was so shocked this am when i got it at first I thought it must of been a computer generated or wrong address etc. But nope TA confirmed it.

I know for the January trips it was NOT like this and we had to wait three weeks to get confirmation that TA got.

i too hope this is a sign of the times for all of us

Vickie

Included every bit of information I could, including e-mail address, home phone number, circled the stock information on the brokerage statements sent so they wouldn't have to look for it and all other pertinent info for the cruise. It is frustrating how it's so different for each of us that sends in the information at the same time. Last year it too sending it over and over as well as my TA calling several times. When Liza was there it was so easy and taken care of quickly. Was hoping they would restore my faith in the people that take care of this, but right now I'm not so sure of this.

Maybe I hold the record for now: 2 hours, 46 minutes. I faxed the shareholder request today (a Saturday!) at 2:37 p.m. and got the e-mail conformation at 5:13 p.m. I am amazed!

Carolyn

Sorry to play, "I can top that...," but I'll claim the record now--three minutes. ;)

I faxed my info to Princess at 4:35pm CDT yesterday (Saturday) and received the confirming e-mail at 4:38pm. Either someone was sitting at the fax machine waiting for applications, or they have somehow managed to install software to read, and respond to, incoming faxes. Either way, it's great service.

BTW I did not use the form. I simply put all the required info on a blank sheet of paper, asked for e-mail confirmation and attached the relevant page from my most recent brokerage statement.

The OBC is for a late June cruise start.

Sorry to play, "I can top that...," but I'll claim the record now--three minutes. ;)

I faxed my info to Princess at 4:35pm CDT yesterday (Saturday) and received the confirming e-mail at 4:38pm. Either someone was sitting at the fax machine waiting for applications, or they have somehow managed to install software to read, and respond to, incoming faxes. Either way, it's great service.

BTW I did not use the form. I simply put all the required info on a blank sheet of paper, asked for e-mail confirmation and attached the relevant page from my most recent brokerage statement.

The OBC is for a late June cruise start.

After taking another look at Princess' response, I am convinced it is some type of automated system. You can see it wasn't properly addressed--had the ship name instead of mine in the "salutation." (My name is not EMERALD!)

I'm not concerned because it included the proper booking ID, sailing date, ship name and OBC amount in the body of the message. (Of course, I will bring a copy on the voyage in case it is not properly posted before we board. I've had that happen before and got it fixed by providing the Purser the written confirmation from the home office.

Here is the e-mail:

----------------------

Good day,

EMERALD

Thank you for your correspondence. We are pleased to confirm that your Booking # xxxxxx sailing 25JUN13 on the EMERALD Princess has been issued a $100 Carnival Shareholder Benefit shipboard credit.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises, Booking Support

24305 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

1 800-PRINCESS

Shareholder Fax: (661) 753-0180

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MAIL BOX AS IT IS NOT MONITORED.

After taking another look at Princess' response, I am convinced it is some type of automated system. You can see it wasn't properly addressed--had the ship name instead of mine in the "salutation." (My name is not EMERALD!)

I'm not concerned because it included the proper booking ID, sailing date, ship name and OBC amount in the body of the message. (Of course, I will bring a copy on the voyage in case it is not properly posted before we board. I've had that happen before and got it fixed by providing the Purser the written confirmation from the home office.

Obviously you will need to change your name to Emerald for this OBC to be applied if you need to show your e-mail on the ship.