Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Anyone know which hotels are the 4.5 star rated ones in the Fort Lauderdale beach area on Priceline?

I'm trying to get the Hilton Beach Resort.

Betterbidding.com doesn't have any listed as 4.5 stars. :confused:

When I called the number on last minute travel dot com site, I was told what the 4.5 hotel was, Hilton Beach for special rate of $149 per night. Hope this helps!

Angie :)

Just booked a 2.5 star Hotwire Secret hot rate for FLL Airport area for Mar. 23, 1 night.

Used the Hotwire app to get a $25 discount and got the

Quality Inn Airport/Cruise Port South for $81.64

We get in late that evening so just need a place to sleep pre-cruise :)

I noticed that early bids are going through on Priceline these past two years:

Hotel: B Ocean Fort Lauderdale

Star Rating: Four****

Dates: 12/20/2014 one night

Winning Bid: $89

Taxes: $18.47

Total Cost: $107.47

Site: Priceline

On Sunday evening I booked a 4 Star Ft Lauderdale Beach area for $96. It was on the Priceline Express deals. I have been watching it for days and also bidding up to $180 dollars and never landed a hotel. The price is $196 today for the express deal. What I got had to have been a mistake, but its all paid for and I have the reservation. BTW it is the B Ocean Hotel. Its for a one night post cruise on the 23rd of March(Sunday)

We are just over 1 week until our cruise from POM

2/17 - 1 night

4-star

Downtown Miami

$100

= Hyatt Regency Miami for $100

Looks like we are walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace which should keep us entertained for the few short hours we have to spend.

Tried EXPRESS DEALS for the first time on Saturday evening. I normally always bid but this time I couldn't get anyone to bite for a 1 night pre-cruise in either the Airport, DT, Beach or Hollywood zone so I started looking at EXPRESS DEALS.

Saw a 9.1 pop up in the Hollywood Zone, rated 4****. Listed for $146. Turned out to be the WESTIN Diplomat Spa and Resort. At the time I secured that hotel it was listed for $339 on PRICELINE. It has gone down from that now, but still well over $279.

4* Fort Lauderdale Beach on Hotwire 3/16: Westin Beach Resort $150

90% recommended on Hotwire

Near beach, Resort, Pet friendly, Pool, Resort, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center

Great deal! Cheapest that I could find this room was around $280

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Hotwire

4* in Los Olmos Blvd area.

Booked 1/4 for a stay on 1/19 precruise.

Paid $118 less $25 for downloading the app. Tax and Total $121

Turned out to be Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina as I expected. This tired 4* was just fine in the perfect location.

Asked politely and got an upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking the cruise terminal and watched the ships leaving on Sunday.

Take a cab for less than $8 to the terminal.

I would stay there again.

Current Hotwire 3* for Saturday 3/29/14 booked 2/21/14

Weston-Plantation-Davie area outside of FT Lauderdale 95% recommended

125 + taxes/fees less 25.00 app promo = 125.75

Holiday Inn Express Plantation

Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pet Friendly, Fitness Center, Business Center, Self Serve Laundry

I tried to get Miami downtown for 1 night (3/28 - 3/29) for $100 and then $125, but no go. Added in the airport area for $100 per night and got:

Marriott Miami Airport 3.5 stars

I'm happy after not finding anything close or familiar for less than $175/night.

I got a Hotwire deal for after cruise Sat 4/26. 3.5 star in Davie/Plantation area. $99 (used APP25 code to get $25 off). Total for one night with taxes $96.03. Got the Sheraton Suites Plantation as expected.

Dear Cruise Critic friends,

When you post the results of your hotel purchase, for others to profit from your information, please, do not forget to indicate the dates of your stay, the area you bid for and the number of bids entered before your purchase.

Without this info, your results are irrelevant. Thanks for remembering about all the details.

I just got Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for $105. + tax for a total of $255.76 for 2 nights through LMT. )Last Minute Travel......has anyone stayed there recently? Is it a good deal? I can still cancel with no penalty.

April 25-27, 2014.....no bids just regular price when called on the phone.

I just got Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for $105. + tax for a total of $255.76 for 2 nights through LMT. )Last Minute Travel......has anyone stayed there recently? Is it a good deal? I can still cancel with no penalty.
Here is a link to TA with reviews. Edit....checking on rates on TA, most listed were over 500 for the 2 nights after taxes, with the cheapest being 282 on otel.com, so you're still 27 bucks cheaper.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d120426-Reviews-Hyatt_Regency_Pier_Sixty_Six-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Edited by SNJCruisers

April 25-27, 2014.....no bids just regular price when called on the phone.

Wow, you did GREAT!!! I got the same nights through Hotwire for $166.... (was a long time ago, when I booked maybe that has something to do with it)....