Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Won Priceline Bid of $100 for downtown Ft. Lauderdale Jan. 31, 2014-Feb. 1, 2014. Win was the 4* Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale at Port Everglades. My first bid was accepted so not sure if I could have won with a lower bid. I am happy with this price.

$100.00 Room Bid

$ 16.13Taxes

Total cost with taxes- $116.13

That is an excellant price for that time of year! Enjoy your stay:)

I booked our Allure pre-cruise 11/9/13 and post-cruise hotel 11/17/13 rooms today through Hot Wire at decent rates of $89.14 and $74.46 at Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port - Fort Lauderdale. They have free shuttles to and from the airport AS WELL as free shuttles to the pier! Free Wi-Fi, internet, breakfast, etc. 2+ stars. Works for us.

Won Priceline Bid of $100 for downtown Ft. Lauderdale Jan. 31, 2014-Feb. 1, 2014. Win was the 4* Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale at Port Everglades. My first bid was accepted so not sure if I could have won with a lower bid. I am happy with this price.

$100.00 Room Bid

$ 16.13Taxes

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. I just bid the exact same as you on Priceline and scored the same deal: 1 night (31 Jan - 01 Feb 2014) @ Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale at Port Everglades for US$100. In my case, though, the total charge came to US$119.99. Not sure why my taxes were higher but I'm not complaining.

Hi Croptop,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get the Renaissance for the same price. I would rather post my winning bids here than put them on Bidding for Travel or Better Bidding. Hotel and air now done. Just have to wait a few more months to board the Independence. Yah. Sally

$100.00 Room Bid

$ 16.13Taxes

Maybe should of gone lower. Igot it for $89/night for Feb 10&11. Still a good price tho I think.

Arrow Fan,

You got an amazing price and I will be bidding again for friends that are cruising with us but don't want to book a hotel until they have booked their air. I'll try a lower price and see what happens. Thanks for the info. Sally

After much research I opted to go with Doubletree Gallery One for $103 total with tax thru LMT. Dollar rental car thru carrentals.com for $50 since they have free airport shuttle at MIA to cruise port. $150 (+parking) for whole pre-cruise stay and I knew what I was getting. Never used LMT before. Hope all works out.

After much research I opted to go with Doubletree Gallery One for $103 total with tax thru LMT. Dollar rental car thru carrentals.com for $50 since they have free airport shuttle at MIA to cruise port. $150 (+parking) for whole pre-cruise stay and I knew what I was getting. Never used LMT before. Hope all works out.

We used LMT last March. No problems whatsoever.

We're going to be cruising out of Port Canaveral in October.

I won the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn doing the name your own price option choosing only 3 star hotels.. $35 + taxes - $7 coupon (valid today only)...Total after taxes was around $38.

I am going to combine this with the parking deal that I found earlier today at the Days Inn. They charge $15/pp (any cruise length) for a parking permit & round trip shuttle vouchers, but they need to know at least 1 day in advance to schedule the shuttle.

?ui=2&ik=4fe594ad2b&view=att&th=140e8bf7ece0028c&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel

?ui=2&ik=4fe594ad2b&view=att&th=140e8bf7ece0028c&attid=0.9&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1See ratings guide

Hotwire Hot Rate

1617 Se 17th St,

Fort Lauderdale,FL,33316

(954) 626-1700

Map

Check-in

Sun, Mar 9, 2014, 3:00 PM

Check-out

Mon, Mar 10, 2014, 12:00 PM

Times are subject to change.

Please confirm with the hotel.

Book a Meeting Room Nearby

Amenities Pet friendly Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business Center High-Speed Internet Access Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Handicapped parking Roll-in shower

Primary guest

AdultsChildren40

Rooms

I just got the Renaissance Hotel downtown FLL for $100 plus tax for Sunday, March 9th on Hotwire! Could have been the Hilton, but glad it wasn't...

We just got the Fort Lauderdale Renaissance Hotel on 17th Street on Priceline: :):)

Renaissance Hotel

$93.00 bid plus tax

February 20-21, 2014

Our favorite pre- cruise hotel! And - there's an Einstein's Bagels a couple of blocks away, for a light breakfast. Love Einstein's!

Just tried Priceline for ft. Lauderdale. Bid $100 for 4star zones 3 and 5 and was rejected. Date was January 18th.

Saturday mid Jan....raise your bid if you want a 4 star. After the holidays, this is the weekend when MANY start their winter getaways.;) Try $125 and see what happens. Then go up 3-5$ a bid. OR take you chances and wait till nearer the date.

Edited by eandj

Here I am thinking I hit the jackpot by getting a $179 rate for one-night at the Hyatt Place 17th Street hotel in Fort Lauderdale for our cruise in March 2014. Fortunately, I do not have to pay until check-in. I am going to try my luck on Hotwire or Priceline for a 4* hotel in the downtown area. Now, if I could only get airfare at a reasonable rate!:eek:

Here I am thinking I hit the jackpot by getting a $179 rate for one-night at the Hyatt Place 17th Street hotel in Fort Lauderdale for our cruise in March 2014. Fortunately, I do not have to pay until check-in. I am going to try my luck on Hotwire or Priceline for a 4* hotel in the downtown area. Now, if I could only get airfare at a reasonable rate!:eek:

March is THE busiest and most expensive due to spring breaks around the country. So the discount sites will have fewer rooms to offer on the weekends. Good luck tho. Smart to have the back up ready.