CC Help Jenn

HOTWIRE

FT Lauderdale Downtown

4 Stars

98$

2 Rooms

1 Night March 29 2014

Total 233.98 ( 116.99 per couple)

I've never used Hotwire. Did you put Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades area hotel??? When I put 4*, it only showed one hotel & the price is $102.

Do you bid on Hotwire???

I've never used Hotwire. Did you put Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades area hotel??? When I put 4*, it only showed one hotel & the price is $102.

Do you bid on Hotwire???

Bring up the hotwire page,click on Hotels, fill in your info, it will then bring up hotels available for your dates. Look at the secret hot rate hotels!

The Hotel rate will based on your dates.

For your info the description of the Renaissance for me was

85% recommended

high speed internet acess

pet friendly

Fittness Center

Business Center

No you do not bid on Hotwire.

Hope this helps.

Bring up the hotwire page,click on Hotels, fill in your info, it will then bring up hotels available for your dates. Look at the secret hot rate hotels!

The Hotel rate will based on your dates.

For your info the description of the Renaissance for me was

85% recommended

high speed internet acess

pet friendly

Fittness Center

Business Center

No you do not bid on Hotwire.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! I just booked for $102.00 a night & also got the Renaissance! That's not as good as you got, but I'm still happy with that price! We've stayed there before & it's nice! Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the info! I just booked for $102.00 a night & also got the Renaissance! That's not as good as you got, but I'm still happy with that price! We've stayed there before & it's nice! Thanks again!!!

Happy to help,glad it worked out for you! What was your date?

Ok, I have never bid for Miami area before...leaving for the Nov 16th Cruise on Carnival. So I need to get a room for Nov 15th. What are my chances for getting a decent rate then do you think? Miami downtown, or Airport?

Thanks,

Mike

Ok, I have never bid for Miami area before...leaving for the Nov 16th Cruise on Carnival. So I need to get a room for Nov 15th. What are my chances for getting a decent rate then do you think? Miami downtown, or Airport?

Thanks,

Mike

What does decent mean to you? ;)

Go for a 4 star Miami downtown hotel. SInce that is an "off week" I'd start bidding at $100. Then start going up 4 or $5 a try. You shouldn't have to pay more than $130 plus taxes on that date.

Wouldn't bother with airport as you will get a nice hotel near the port for your one night stay for a reasonable amount. Airport hotels offer nothing that says Miami.

Edited by eandj

Thanks,

Mike

I would start at $80 - **** - downtown.

I tried PriceLine with a bid of $100 for a four star hotel in Zones 3,4,or 5. I was rejected. I then added 3 and 1/2 stars and was still rejected. I went to Hotwire and got Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South for $129 for one night, January 18, 2014. AARP rate is $161.99, so this was a small savings. Full breakfast is included. I am not familiar with Fort Lauderdale but all reviews say this is close to the airport and Port Everglades. Has anyone stayed here? Are there restaurants close by?

I have always been happy with Priceline when my DH and I travel. This time I am traveling as a group of five. Is their a site that I could get a great deal on a hotel room for five, pre and post cruise in November in Miami? How do people bid for two rooms? Can three people be in one room? Anyone has done this before and what was your experience?

I have always been happy with Priceline when my DH and I travel. This time I am traveling as a group of five. Is their a site that I could get a great deal on a hotel room for five, pre and post cruise in November in Miami? How do people bid for two rooms? Can three people be in one room? Anyone has done this before and what was your experience?

on Priceline.com when you bid you would include how many adults and howmany rooms you'd like to have. good luck

Priceline will only guarantee a room for two while Hotwire allows you to put more than two in a room and do multiple rooms at once. Hotwire may be the better option for you. Last minute travel will also let you enter the number of people in each room. Priceline only allows you to choose the number of rooms, there is no option to enter the number of people.

Many people will tell you to call and ask for 2 beds, but there is no guarantee with Priceline that you will get it.

I have used both Hotwire and LMT we needed to fit 3 in a room.

Sheal

I just bidded for a 3 1/2 star and got the hotel I was hoping to get so quite happy.

Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina

Date - November 8 - 9, 2013 - 1 night pre cruise

Started at $75 - nothing

Added Aventura and up bid to $78 - nothing

Added Bay Harbor and up bid to $80 - nothing

Added Dealand and up bid to $82 - nothing

Added North Miami and up bid to $85 - nothing

Added Southwest Miami and up bit to $91 - BINGO. This was my last free rebid before having to wait 24 hours.

Total - $111.35 with taxes

Edited by lovecruzing
spelling error