Confirmed: Century Drydock Coming in February 2014 !

Andy

I have it on very good information that a BARTENDER on a very recent Century Alaskan cruise says/said:

"The ship is sold"

apparently staff are able to speak out on things ..even if management is unwilling. :cool:

Great source. The crew is usually the last to know anything. But, you never really know. Oh, speculation and rumor. How could these boards exist without them?

Did you hear when she will be leaving the Celebrity fleet?

There are probably over 100,000 people booked on future sailings of the Century right now.

What a PR disaster if Celebrity cancels them:mad:

I personally have 117 days of future cruises booked on the Century right now:confused:

You did read that I said it was only a Bartender. I did not mean to set off a bunch of negative thinking. We got enough of that right now with the Millie. There was no other info about dates etc.

It's just another rumour

So I ready through all the posts, but still don't have a clear picture of what they will do in the drydock--replace staterooms??? Would be nice to have some new beds!! Anyone who knows what is up?

Thanks!:)

So I ready through all the posts, but still don't have a clear picture of what they will do in the drydock--replace staterooms??? Would be nice to have some new beds!! Anyone who knows what is up?

No one knows for sure, as Celebrity hasn't announced anything other than to add sailings to part of the original timeframe allotted for the Solsticizaion of Century. The consensus here is that it spells the end of Century sailing under the Celebrity name. When that will happen, is anybody's guess.

Apparently the bartender may know a little something. But....everything else is up in the air.

Sorry:eek:

Hi, to be honest, she is only going through drydock for a week.

That is what we have all been told. I doubt they are "replacing

staterooms".

Originally it was going to be a longer drydock....then it was

reduced to 7 nights. They recently (last month) put new Caribbean

itineraries on the schedule and those are in February.....a 3 night

cruise on Feb 12th and then 2 8 cruises, 1 on Feb 15th and the next

on Feb 23rd.

She is going into drydock at the beginning of February and I am

guessing drygoods will be part of it....but it is just a guess.

IF Celebrity has implemented more changes about her? Nobody

on here knows anything about it and the only way to know what

is true? That would be for Celebrity to put out another press

release.

Well, if I had a $ for every future "fact" heard straight from a crew member's lips, that didn't turn out to be true -- I'd be cruising for free, by now.;) Sadly, most of the ships' crew don't even know for sure where THEY'RE going to be, six months down the road -- much less what's going to happen to any particular ship.:rolleyes:

I think the most telling indicator of Century's future can be found in Lois R's description of the drastically shortened dry-dock plans. You don't need a weatherman to know which way that wind is blowing.:( Maybe that's why so many of us booked up those February/March cruises so quickly. We've figured out that we have a relatively narrow window of time to say good-bye to the old gal.:cool:

Hi, to be honest, she is only going through drydock for a week.

That is what we have all been told. I doubt they are "replacing

staterooms".

Originally it was going to be a longer drydock....then it was

reduced to 7 nights. They recently (last month) put new Caribbean

itineraries on the schedule and those are in February.....a 3 night

cruise on Feb 12th and then 2 8 cruises, 1 on Feb 15th and the next

on Feb 23rd.

She is going into drydock at the beginning of February and I am

guessing drygoods will be part of it....but it is just a guess.

IF Celebrity has implemented more changes about her? Nobody

on here knows anything about it and the only way to know what

is true? That would be for Celebrity to put out another press

release.

Thank you Lois for always being a voice of reason. :)

Pat

I Wanted to buy her, but alas, the wife doesn't agree:rolleyes:

If Celebrity doesn 't want her, maybe we can scrape some dollars together and make our own cruiseline, where we all are elite, formal is formal, Cabanas and smoking are banned and the Martinis are free:D

If Celebrity doesn 't want her, maybe we can scrape some dollars together and make our own cruiseline, where we all are elite, formal is formal, Cabanas and smoking are banned and the Martinis are free:D

Count me in!!

LOL Too funny. :D

Where do I send my check?;)

read this awhile back from the AP. Dated from May of this year.

According to the EPA, ships are major contributors to emissions from mobile sources in the U.S. and Canada, and most are foreign-flagged or registered outside North America. By 2020, the new standards — set to become more stringent in 2015 — will cut emissions of nitrogen oxides, fine particulate matter and sulfur oxides by 23 percent, 74 percent, and 86 percent, respectively, below predicted levels if the rules were not in place, the agency said.

Could the specific fuel uses and requirements be tied to the selling of the ship?

When we were on the Equinox, we saw a presentation about the various ship engines and the fuel types used.

Just ponderin'

We were planning on doing the Century Coastal California cruise out of LA in March 2014. I've been waiting to book until we are on Summit in September, but don't want to book if I am just going to be kicked off.

Wish they would just tell us what is going on.

We're booked on it. Could take Primcess a few weeks later if this falls though but I loved Celebrity the first time around and would hate to cancel

Yes, Count me in too!

• 4 weeks later...

I want to book the Century on 11/11/2014 in Australia, as it's a nice 8 night itinerary and there are very few shorter itineraries over there on major lines. I hope they announce soon where it will be later in 2014. At least if they still have it, the carpet and furniture will look better. :) Last time I was on the Century it was newer, back in 1997.